• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Eagerly awaiting your plans for the future of the other defeated Syndicalist states.

It's still an Empire! The Caribbean and Australasian Federations are back in the fold, as is South Africa, and the Canadians, apparently worn out from war, aren't disputing that they now have to take something of a back seat in Empire politics. They're probably just glad to see the back of the exiles.

@Karaiskandar: A new age for the United Kingdom indeed. They will be a good ally by America's side in the coming conflicts.

@KaiserMuffin: Sorry, not in this AAR. ;)

@Meadow: Yes, India is just Delhi with a new name, flag, and shield. They still have the same division names and commanders as well. I am thinking of also giving them some of the Princely Federations and Bengal's commanders too, since they have run out of military leaders for their very large army.

Oh, and remember that Australasia is not one of my allies, rather a very willing ally to the Japanese Empire.

@History_Buff: I have a far different idea in mind to start the third world war. I will not reveal it yet, but I will only say that it has strong similarities to a real life crisis.....

@Leviathan07:True, especially since none of those nations would ever give up their independence for direct British rule. Maybe the Caribbean federation might, but definitely not India or South Africa!

@everyone else: Thanks for your comments!

Great Britain holds its first elections since the 1925 revolution and the end of the Great Syndicalist War. By a very large margin, the revived British Conservative Party wins the majority of votes and seats in the brand new British Parliament, with Lord Beaverbrook becoming Britain's new Prime Minister.
britishconservativegove.png

Back in the United States, the main battlegroups of the United States Navy arrive in Norfolk, Virginia. After holding a presidential fleet review, they are deployed to the west coast, to the city of San Francisco.
navyheadswest.png

Then, a small crisis erupts back in Europe. After their election victory, some of the older members of the Conservative party, who had spend the last 20 years exiled to Canada, begin calling for the forced reintegration of Ireland into the United Kingdom. When word arrives of this to President Truman, he calls King Edward and tells him that Ireland is off limits, and politely reminds the king of the approximately 1.6 million US troops that are still positioned in western Europe, which could be easily sent to Britain to stop such a foolish adventure on a neutral state. With this knowledge, the King announces that Ireland will not be subject to any form of British imperialism, putting an end to the situation.
irishbritishrelations.png

Now for something completely different. Statistics!

A comparison of the worlds top 15 armies by 1945. The United States is ranked 3rd in the world, with 232 divisions, approximately 2.32 million soldiers, ahead of even Germany. However, the Russian and Japanese outnumber the US on the ground, with 365 and 330 divisions respectively.
top15armiesmarch1945.png

A comparison of the worlds top 15 navies. Although the US navy is the largest, it pales in comparison to the mighty Imperial Japanese Navy, which after many years of investment has grown to a monstrous size, with 24 fleet aircraft carriers, 11 battleships and battlecruisers, as well as dozens of cruisers and destroyers to back them up. Whats worse, is the fact that Japanese warships are far more modern than the ships the US navy possess, with even better combat doctrines. Japan is truly a force to be reckoned with on the world stage.
top15naviesmarch1945.png

Finally, the worlds top 15 airforces. The United States places 3rd, behind both Japan, which possesses more fighter aircraft than the US has airframes, and the absolutely gargantuan Russian Airforce, which possesses by far the worlds most destructive ground attack capability through thousands of Il-2 and Il-10 CAS bombers. This force was instrumental in the defeat of the Commune of France's powerful armoured forces, with Russian bombers claiming thousands of French tanks and armoured vehicles destroyed, and will need to be heavily countered in the event of a possible Entente/Mitteleuropan war.
top15airforcesmarch1945.png

With the growing threat posed from Japan and its empire, the US deploys army garrison forces to Johnston Island, Phoenix Island, and American Samoa. In the event of war, these Islands will be instrumental in striking at Australasia, and Japan's many pacific island bases scattered throughout the region.
islandgarrisons.png

The time has finally come to set the people of western Europe free. Portugal, Spain, and Italy are granted their independence by the United States, and join the Entente under new, Democratic governments.
freewesterneurope.png

With the end of the syndicalist war at the hands of mostly American forces, the time has come for a change in leadership. The old Entente alliance, originally created as an alliance between France, Britain, and Russia, has completely changed to an alliance of western democracies led by the United States, which has become the most powerful military and economic power of the organization. Therefore, the United States will now take the leading role of the Entente, reorganizing the group into the Allied alliance. (in other words, I modded the US as the leader of the Entente instead of Canada, which is only a major partner now, instead of the leader)
creationoftheallies.png

u20907149redalert2010.jpg

Hmm nice logo!
The Japanese navy looks scary and the Russian Air force...just terrifying! :D

Nicely done so far. Time to spam carriers I think.

The new order is almost complete... will it be Grossdietsland in the North and Petain's newly democratic regime in the South? Can't wait to find out.

I suggest spamming Fighters AND light cruisers, and go doctrine heavy + nukes.

Reactions:
America's managed to bring a rare spot of light to the Kaiserreich world, it's good to see the new order in Europe taking shape. I'm anxious to see what will happen in France now- I'm not quite sure how Petain's regime is going to fit into this new democratic alliance.

Petain is an old man, nearing 90 - I'm sure he personally will be happy to become a figurehead president for a new Republic. I doubt he'd be a powerhungry authoritarian - his patriotism and joy to be back in his homeland would be all he'd need.

@Karaiskandar: I know. This IJN makes the OTL one look like a bunch of rowboats. And the russian airforce gives me nightmares.

@Leviathan07: Peace in our time? Not in this update.

@yourworstnightm: Thats the plan.

@Ciryandor: Are CL's any good? I have always thought of them as being nothing more than bigger, more expensive destroyers.

@Xesan:Sure, if the Russians dont make one first though.....

@Zhuge Liang: Thats one of the things I like the most about playing as a victorious democratic USA in KR. When you look at it, most factions in the mod are either syndicalist radicals, authoritarian monarchies, or vengeful ultra conservative elites.

As for Petain, I am thinking I might get him to retire at some point in the near future, and replace him with DeGaulle, who is a replacement for HoS and HoG.

@everyone else: thanks for the comments!

As new governments are established in Italy, Spain, and Portugal, the United States begins to transfer power in occupied France to Petain's French nationalist regime in Algeria. Starting along the Mediterranean coast, eventually all of US occupied France will be under the nationalists sovereignty.
transfertofrance.png

April, 1945. In a surprise development, Japanese carrier aircraft attack the massive US naval base at pearl harbour, as part of a wider Japanese pre-emptive strike aimed at preventing the US from regaining its influence in the Pacific ocean. This massive unprovoked attack is quickly answered by President Truman and the government of the United States, which declare America's intent to crush the violent and dictatorial Japanese Empire in the name of freedom and democracy. The rest of the Allied States soon follow suit, beginning the great Circum-Pacific war.
pearlharbourattack.png

Chile, a nation that has a very extensive pacific coastline, declares war on Japan and its allies. Diplomats are soon sent to Chile, to negotiate the country's entry into the Allied Alliance.
chilevsjapan.png

With Pearl Harbour in ruins, US warships leave for the most distant US outpost in the Pacific, Wake Island, on the very edge of the Japanese/US oceanic frontline.
fleetheadstowakeisland.png

La Plata declares war on Japan, declaring its intent to fight alongside the United States and the other allied powers against the evils of tyranny. La Plata quickly joins the Allied alliance, bringing the most powerful state in Southern America to the side of the United States.
laplatavsjapan.png

laplatajoinstheallies.png

The first major engagement of the Pacific War. Admiral Nimitz's taskforce runs into a medium sized Japanese fleet near Wake Island, centered around 3 aircraft carriers, including the very modern heavy aircraft carrier Wakamiya. After a short skirmish, the Japanese fleet withdraws, with neither side suffering any extensive damage.
battleofwakeisland.png

Meanwhile, Admiral Halsey hunts down Japanese shipping in the Marshall Islands, sinking 2 Japanese light cruisers.
marshallislandsskirmish.png

Another encounter with Japanese carriers, this time by the USAAF. A patrol group of A-20 bombers runs into a sizeable Japanese fleet off Marcus Island, inflicting some damage but failing to sink any ships.
navalbombingbt.png

Then, just north of the Hawaiian Islands, the Imperial Japanese Navy confronts the United States navy head on, in the largest carrier battle so far in the pacific war. A huge Japanese task force, with about 7 carriers and supported by numerous cruisers and battleships, attacks admiral Kinkaid's carrier battle group, with both sides launching punishing airstrikes on each other's fleets. It does not take very long for losses to begin to mount on both sides....
battleoffhawaii.png

h62593.jpg

Meanwhile, American fast battleships prowl the seas near Australasia, blasting away at the ANZAC's shipping. Here, a pair of enemy destroyers are sent to the bottom by the battleship's heavy guns.
anzacdestroyers.png

Back in the central Pacific, the battle of Hawaii ends, tragically, in American defeat. The casualties are astoundingly high, with the US navy losing three aircraft carriers as well as five heavy cruisers that were trying to defend them. For the Japanese, the casualties are more extensive, with their fleet losing four aircraft carriers, three heavy cruisers, and two battleships, including the pride of the Japanese navy, the IJN Yamato. This battle off Hawaii does not bode very well for the US navy, which is now down an entire carrier battlegroup in the pacific.
massivenavaldefeat.png

ww2669wm.jpg

wow! Go Japan! I wonder how they got sooo many ships. Well, in my game as japan, I interfered with the American civil war, convinced the American union states to join me, and took over the PSA.

I'm also wondering, are light carriers and battlecruisers any good, I never bother with them.

Wonderful updates though I think you should try to get Russia involved at least to take some pressure off.

Hell no! What he should do now is to DOW Germany and Russia. And if there are any nations with more than 40IC left unalligned, them too! Right now. Then we could see some challenge! ;)

For even if Japan has some kick in it now, we all know it'll be less than a year for a human controlled USA of this strength to walk them over...

I noticed you're using heavy cruisers as screens for your carriers. That may be a bad idea because (I think, someone correct me if I'm wrong), the game classes them as capital ships rather than screens, and so during a sea battle your fleet will try to maintain cruiser rather than carrier firing range, putting your carriers within range of the enemy fleet's guns. As I said though, I'm not too sure if this is true or not, I just thought I ought to mention it just in case (also, if this has been covered already, my apologies).

Wow Epic carrier battles, I love it.
Bring democracy to Japan!

I noticed you're using heavy cruisers as screens for your carriers. That may be a bad idea because (I think, someone correct me if I'm wrong), the game classes them as capital ships rather than screens, and so during a sea battle your fleet will try to maintain cruiser rather than carrier firing range, putting your carriers within range of the enemy fleet's guns. As I said though, I'm not too sure if this is true or not, I just thought I ought to mention it just in case (also, if this has been covered already, my apologies).
Not true. The fleet will try to maintain cv ranges. It is a bad idea for other reasons, just not that one.