• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Belgium should be reorganized as the Duchies of Brabant (Namur, Brussels, Mons(?)) and Flanders (Antwerp, Ghent, Dunkerque). That would also fit better if they also set up a Duchy of Campagne-Artois or some such medieval contraption.

LOLLLL GO PLAY CK! :rofl: - Brabant would be Brussels Mons, Duchy of Flanders would contain Artois by definition. You could have the Duchies of Upper and Lower Lorraine Reinstated, or if thats too small, just a Duchy of Lorraine.

A Duchy of Lothringen-Alsace would make for a nice Buffer-state, solve that whole France/German 'its ours' debate and make Xavier mad XD

Leave Deutschland be, attack Japan, and release:

Catalonia
Basque Country (Basque Carlists)
Spain
Portugal (with Galicia to punish Spain)
Aquitaine (Occitan or Southern France)
Brittany
France
Wales + Cornwall
Rest of UK
United Italy

Well, if Remble is secretly controlling Japan he would thrash you. :D

Well done! I see you have also imported some of the US election events from the vanilla game.
I like that; the most irritating thing about the US in the normal Kaiserreich is that there are no
elections after 1936.

Please no Balkanization nonsense.
Keep France and Spain united. They'll make powerful allies and nice puppets.

LOLLLL GO PLAY CK! :rofl: - Brabant would be Brussels Mons, Duchy of Flanders would contain Artois by definition. You could have the Duchies of Upper and Lower Lorraine Reinstated, or if thats too small, just a Duchy of Lorraine.

A Duchy of Lothringen-Alsace would make for a nice Buffer-state, solve that whole France/German 'its ours' debate and make Xavier mad XD
This is Imperial Germany, they own Alsace and Lorraine. They are certainly not going to create independent states on territory that they owned since 1871. Alsace Lorraine is going to be the South Tyrol of this time line... a sore spot and a source of unrest for its master, but never relinquished. At best they may get regional autonomy and far reaching cultural protection like South Tyrol has in Italy today.

But what can be done with the small part of France which Germany has conquered? If you check this map of late medieval France (Link) you'll notice that the French land held by Germany in this story corresponds indeed to the 15th century territories of Artois and Picardie, and the Duchy of Champagne.

556px-Map_France_1477-fr.svg.png

If the Germans feel secure enough to piss off the French, they could just turn it into a protectorate and give it a medieval sounding name. The local people will hate it, and probably wipe their asses with the flag whenever the Germans are not looking. But it would make for a nice new principality for one of the many side lines of the Hohenzollern family. (The Al-Sauds of the Kaiserreich world.)

Please no Balkanization nonsense.
Keep France and Spain united. They'll make powerful allies and nice puppets.

Exactly. And he's playing as a liberal USA, for heaven's sake - he's going to create stable, unified republics as far as possible. The exception being the UK, where the rightful exiled government and monarch can return.

Exactly. And he's playing as a liberal USA, for heaven's sake - he's going to create stable, unified republics as far as possible.

Indeed!

The exception being the UK, where the rightful exiled government and monarch can return.

Yes, after all the US is part of the Entente.

Enslave the evile Syndie French population under the iron fist of the exiles in Algiers. That will teach them a lesson.

Hehe, I'm sure that Pétain and his cronies would enjoy that :D

Uh people he's playing a democratic US not some dictatorial fascist state run by a nutjob. Return Great Britain and France to their respectful rulers, then release Portugal, Spain, and Italy as republics.

I am glad to see so many comments after the end of the war against syndicalism. It is good to know that everyone liked it.:)

Anyway, I wanted to share with you all an idea I had about what the Germans could do with their occupation zone. Although making little kingdoms and duchies would be interesting, it is not really realistic for the 20th century. Therefore, here is my idea: the Franco-Dutch Federation/Union.
francodutchunion.png

This new country could become a very powerful ally to the Germans, which with the end of the war have taken control of not only a portion of northwestern france but also the netherlands and flanders-wallonia. This new state could be ruled either from Amsterdam or Brussels, and would be led by the long exiled Dutch royal family, with both Dutch and French government ministers. This new state would have a pretty good industrial base, and could provide a very secure buffer between Germany and the Entente.

Thoughts?

I like it.

Give Troyes to France - use the rivers as a boundary IIRC the Germans didn't actually take that unless they grabbed it at the end. If they did have it as 'Germany shows it's magnaniminity' and hand it over to France. Give (Chaumont? Whatever, the one above Dijon) to Germany,