• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I forgot about those Italians. I am sure they will be no match for the American war machine, however.

I am wondering - without a strong ally, is Germany essentially doomed when this war comes around?

Funny thing is that I'm playing as the Commune in my current game and have Germany holed up with about 70 divisions in East Prussia while I tear through the Balkans. I'm also at war with the Entente, but they aren't doing much. :D

How is the Italian military?

Will you return the part France took from Switzerland?

Are the Russian forces nearing the western front yet?

And what oh what will ever become of that treacherous bastard Jack Reed?
(A short drop, and a sudden stop probably)

Nice progress, and well the Brazilians are doing a great job!

Your game looks very challenging. France is so strong, even if they fight on many fronts. Is this connected with your AI modification? You said at the start of your AAR you have changed AI to make enemy build more advanced units. You realy made very nice game. In my opinion, this AAR is best gameplay AAR(after your MDS Russian AAR:D). I hope this AAR will be awarded with ACA(you have my vote). I enjoy your every update.

@serutan: I am going to try to do both.

@Issac Wolfe: I dont think so. Already in my game they have been rebuilding their army, training lots of armoured, motorized, and mechanized divisions. Plus they will have quite a lot of time to rebuild their country before hostilities flare up again.

@salidas16:
1. Big, but all infantry.
2. Yes.
3. Yes, thousands of them.
4.He wont be getting that. Too humane for the traitor. Im thinking several loud bangs followed by a big thud.

@Onni_Manni: Yup, those Turks love their amphibious assaults.

@Asalto: Thanks for the praise.:D I think the main reason the French are proving to be so tough is because not only did I give them more IC and manpower to keep them fighting, but also because due to hard difficulty, they research and upgrade faster than me.

@everyone else: Thanks for the comments!

German troops make a successful link up with their troops which landed in the eastern Netherlands, surrounding a very large amount of French Commune troops in a big pocket around the cities of Bremen, Hannover, and Wilhelmshaven.
frenchsurrounded.png

Now, seizing the initiative, the German General Staff coordinates a massive counteroffensive along the entire Mitteleuropa-Syndicalist front. Backed up by huge numbers of fresh, Russian troops, German, Hungarian, and other Mitteleuropan forces smash into the overstretched French lines.
mitteleuropacounteratta.png

battlekursk0047.jpg

American scientists led by the physicist Robert Oppenheimer begin research into what promises to be the ultimate weapon, a weapon that could change the face of warfare forever....
nuclearresearch.png

US armoured and mechanized forces break out of Northern Italy and head for Bologna, with the objective of completely cutting of the Italian peninsula from the rest of Europe. Despite heavy resistance by approximately 250,000 Italian soldiers, the US armoured and mechanized divisions break through, taking Bologna and reaching the Adriatic coast.
battleofbologna.png

In northwestern Europe, Ottoman forces that had landed along the coast are wiped out by French counterattacks. However, despite their best efforts, the French are unable to dislodge the very large Entente force garrisoned in Amsterdam.
ottomanswipedout.png

What was left of the French navy's Mediterranean fleet is finally found and wiped out by the US navy. The Mediterranean sea is now completely secure for Entente shipping.
medseacleared.png

German troops with Russian assistance are able to completely crush the French forces trapped in north-western Germany. In total, about 120,000 French troops, are either killed or captured, while about 800 tanks, in 8 armored divisions, are either destroyed are captured by German forces. This is a hugely decisive blow against the French army, a blow that they will be unable to recover from.
12divs8armdestroyed1.png

On the main frontlines, US forces launch a massive assault into Dijon, Auxerre, and Vichy, overrunning desperate French commune forces.
centralfranceoffensive.png

With American artillery now within range of Paris, French forces make a desperate stand at Auxerre, hoping to protect the city's eastern flank. Although initially stalling the US mechanized infantry moving into the area, they are soon brushed aside once American reinforcements arrive from Dijon.
battleofauxerre.png

Outnumbered US army and marine units launch an assault on Venice. Although they have a numerical advantage, Italian and French units in the city only offer moderate resistance, before fleeing into Croatia and Austria.
battleofvenice.png

I think Syndicalism is in its death throws now. What do you intend to do with France and Italy after the war. Are you going to give them back to Nationalist France and The Pope respectively? Also, I think you should take down the Japanese before Mitteleuropa. That will give Germany time to recover and make them harder to take down. As is, they look like they are being propped up by the Russians, as their army has likely been savaged by the French.

Indeed, the Syndies won't last long now.
What are you planning for France, Iberia and Italy?

The final hour for syndicalism is at hand!
I wonder though, wouldn't it be more logical if the Swedes were assisting in the Benelux instead of Hungary...?

By the way, will you liberate Flandern-Wallonien or split it into Flanders & Wallonia, if you manage to capture all of it?

EDIT: Posting while ill leads to bad grammar.

Last edited:
Belgium should be restored!!

As for Italy... I think it would be very out of character for the USA to assist in restoring the Pope to power. An Italian republic should be established to spread peace, prosperity and free market capitalism in the peninsula.

Surely there would be many Italian-Americans who would want to help? Don't let the Kaiser push his sort of solution onto Italy!!

Spain, likewise, should be restored as a republic. :nods:

I hope he does, otherwise there might be a premature revanchist war. :D

I would be in favor of a Republican Italy, but France should be returned to Nationalist France. They are your ally and you have already stated that you will give Britain to Canada. It only makes sense to give France to Nationalist France. They are your ally after all and deserve to get something out of the deal. Spain should be a zone of American influence and Italy as well. I also believe he should stop at the prewar border with Germany

Color the world blue! Pax Americana man.

@Onni_Manni: There are a few Swedish divisions in the Benelux region, but for some reason, there are much more fighting in Poland, Hungary, and outside of Austria.

@everyone: Since there are quite a lot of questions about post-syndicalist Europe, I will answer them in one post.

First, the US will allow Germany to not only retake Belgium, but also give Germany an occupation zone in France after the war is over. The Germans have fought against immense odds for about 4 years now, and deserve some part of France. However, the bulk of the country, about 80% of it, will be under US control.

Spain, Italy, and Portugal will be released as new democratic states, but America will call the shots. The pope for example, will absolutely NOT be given any political control in the new Italian republic that will be formed after the war. However, expect to see some interesting things, such as Franco being the leader of social democrat spain, since I am somewhat limited by the SPA minister files. I guess I could probably mod in a more suitable HoG though...

As for France, the areas under US control will be ceded to the exiles in Algiers, so they can form a brand new French Republic, with Petain as HoS. I will also give them the old tricolour flag, and change their map colour, as well as name.

Reinforcements arrive from the United States, to help accelerate US operations in Italy. These reinforcements include hundreds of tanks, which will be instrumental in the drive to Rome and Sicily.
italianfrontreinforceme.png

Paris. The capital of the Commune of France and the beating heart of the international Syndicalist movement, is now in America's grasp. Defending the city is a powerful force of some of the French People's Army's best remaining combat units, heavily armed, and ordered to fight for every square inch of the massive city. US forces, undaunted by the challenge, attack. For about 2 days, fighting rages all throughout the city, with the French battling very hard for every street and building. However, weight of US firepower and numbers eventually succeeds in shattering the French defenders and forcing them out of the capital to the northeast. The US flag is soon raised high over the battered remains of the Eiffel Tower, as US infantry parade down the Champs-Élysées in victory.
battleofparis.png

champselysesvictorypara.jpg

As US soldiers clear out isolated pockets of resistance in Paris, a stunning discovery is made in the basement of a non-descript office building in the city. Found hiding among stacks of pamphlets and propaganda newspapers, as well as maps of the United States, is none other than public enemy number 1 himself, Jack Reed, former premier of the Combined Syndicates of America and wanted traitor. Reed is immediately arrested by US soldiers, and sent to Brest to await transit to the United States to finally face trial for high treason, among other charges.
reedcaptured.png

As the battle raged on for Paris, US forces launch a massive armoured and mechanized offensive in Italy. Literally thousands of American tanks pound through Italian lines, forcing the Italian people's army to flee to the south.
italianfrontoffensive44.png

On the main German-French frontline, the German army, backed up with thousands of Russian and other allied soldiers, plunges through French lines, liberating Cologne, Aachen, Luxembourg, and Antwerp, as well as pushing back into Elsass-Lothringen and southern Belgium.
germansteamroller.png

battlekursk0028.jpg

US armored and mechanized infantry units continue the lightning advance into Italy, shattering Italian lines at Perugia and heading south to completely cut off large concentrations of Italian troops in Rome and Pescara.
italyblitzkreig.png

Italian rearguard units at Anzio put up heavy resistance, knowing that the city is the main logistical line from Rome to the rest of Italy. Their courage is soon overwhelmed by American heavy tanks, with Anzio falling only a few days later.
battleofanzio.png

Italian resistance is heavier in Foggia, due to the concentration of many coastal defense units that are now being sent to confront the American advance. Although outnumbered 2 to 1 by the Italian infantry, General DeWitt presses his tanks forward, rolling over Italian lines and sending thousands of their troops fleeing to the south, towards Taranto.
battleoffoggia.png

The encirclement is complete, with Rome cut off from the rest of southern Italy, as well as the Italian troops in Pescara. Desperate, the Italians launch a massive counteroffensive to retake Foggia, successfully forcing US troops and armor to head back north.
doubleencirclement.png

To prevent them from escaping, US forces launch a massive assault on the Italian forces in Pescara. After a short action, 70,000 Italian troops surrender.
pescarasurrender.png

Meanwhile, Hungary is liberated from Franco-Italian syndicalist troops, with the Hungarian government moving back into Budapest, as the combined weight of the Russian, Polish, Hungarian, and German armies begins to move into the Balkans. Also note that the Germans have liberated Vienna from the Austro-syndicalists.
hungaryliberated.png