• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I say after the Syndies are dead, go back into an isolationist shell and rebuild the nation. Perhaps reconquer Cuba or something. But do not fight the Kaiserreich unt der Tsarreich- Russia is barely invadable, and Germany needs to be left alone in at least one AAR.

Makes sense that Russia, ruled by the Tsar and governed by the Patriarch of the Orthodox Church, would join the Kaiser in the defence against Syndicalism.

However what makes no sense is the American flag in the Syndicalist stacks in Spain. Where the hell does that come from???

The Tsar and the Kaiser... when one considers that Kaiser Otto I of Austria is still (officially) on his throne, it's just like the League of Emperors (IIRC) of the late 19th century! They shall be a tough nut to crack.

The question is whether France conquers Germany before the Russians arrive...and how much the US can take before the inevitable rollback.

History_Buff: I disagree on not altering the game. Sometimes the AI doesn't do a very good job of building their forces, or of posing a big challenge to either me (who is playing as by far one of the most powerful nations in all of HOI2), or of making a good fight with other factions. Sometimes the AI needs my input to push them in the right direction.

Also, I did alter the internationale fairly heavily, giving them more IC, manpower, and better diplomacy. (France allying other syndicalist states for example)

@Onni_Manni: Well I think it is safe to say that Russia will not be going empty handed for their efforts in saving Mitteleuropa's collective asses.

@Hannibal X: Im afraid isolationism is dead in the United States. The 2nd civil war tought America a harsh lesson: Isolationism is a path to vulnerability to foreign influence. If America is to prosper, America will need to help shape the world around it, rather than ignore it.

And I can promise, I WILL confront Mitteleuropa at some point. I view the war against the Internationale as simply the prelude to what I hope will be a very challenging and exciting war....

@Leviathan07: I think what you were seeing was the flags of my aircraft flying over Iberian ground forces. Sometimes it creates the effect in my screenshots that there are somehow US troops in Iberian controlled territory.

@ColonelIronboot: Thanks. :)

@Meadow: League of emperors? Has a nice ring to it.;)

@ColossusCrusher: I think it is safe to say that France will not be conquering Germany anytime soon, especially with my landing in Iberia now drawing thousands of Iberian troops away from the western front and back to the defense of their country.

@everyone else: thanks for your comments!

About 90,000 US infantry supported by armoured cars advance into Badajoz, where they are hit by a three pronged Syndicalist counterattack by at least 100,000 Iberian and French troops. Although the enemy makes good progress during the day, during the night, their ability to advance is heavily impeded, forcing them to call of their assault.
enemycounterattack.png

As the front in central Spain stabilizes, General MacArthur launches a large scale offensive in Andalusia, with the goal of driving all Iberian troops out of the region and back into Murcia.
southerniberiaoffensive.png

As the fighting rages in Spain, the Ukraine's fortunes have dramatically reversed. Russian forces have shattered Ukrainian border defenses, surrounding a large amount of Ukrainian troops in the city of Kharkov, and coming very close to the city of Kiev. Meanwhile, Ukrainian forces are fleeing to defend their homeland, with Polish and Ruthenian troops hot on their tail.
russianavalanche1.png

battleofkurskwa.jpg

The US offensive in Andalusia is a huge success, and even succeeds in trapping 4 Iberian divisions in Almeria, which are easily mopped up by American armoured divisions.
almeriaencirclement.png

Meanwhile, to the east, French and Italian units are continuing their drive westwards, this time, in the south. German forces are soon forced back to the north, being driven out of places like Munich and Linz, allowing French forces to march into Vienna, the capital of Austria.
viennafalls.png

US forces now launch the long awaited assault on Madrid, the Iberian capital. Defending the city are 120,000 Iberian and French forces led by General Sanjurjo (lol butterfly effect of alternate history). General Eisenhower, who attacks with a force almost 3 times the size of the city's defenders, is able to clear out the city, block by block, forcing the government of the CNT-FAI party to flee for Barcelona.
battleofmadrid.png

155mmgmcm40korea1951112.jpg

On the eastern side of the front, US mechanized forces drive into Castellon, facing heavy resistance by a similar sized force of French and Iberian troops. Although they initially stall the US assault, reinforcements soon arrive, driving the Syndicalist troops back over the Ebro River.
battleofcastellon.png

Bad news arrives from the main frontlines in central Europe, as Austria's government flees for Germany, bringing about the complete surrender of the Austrians to the French, who continue to advance, now into Hungarian territory.
austriansurrender.png

Somehow I'm thinking you might just decide to fix Italy's wagon before administering the death blow to the Frenchies (or letting the Germans/Russians do it for you).

Good progress!

He really cannot afford to invade Italy first, as the chances are the Russians and Germans will wipe the French out before he can. I do not think he would be willing to let that happen.

@kaiser_mobius what about my suggestion of a landing in Kamchatka during the inevitable war with Russia

He really cannot afford to invade Italy first, as the chances are the Russians and Germans will wipe the French out before he can. I do not think he would be willing to let that happen.

I think he would. He has often mentioned that he wants these wars to be challenges, and letting the Germans have most of France would certainly
increase the challenge.

Ahaha Sanjurjo leading Syndie troops, how Ironic! :D
Good job in Spain so far, Ukraine is doomed, but I'm surprised by the success of the Franco-Italian offensive in Austria.

Hurry! The Germans might not manage much more. For the Kaisar! For the Union! For World Peace!

How the war has changed in my absence! Awesome stuff! I am glad to see Britain fall, and Iberia to be next!

I am glad to see Russia in on the action now too. Maybe that will be Germany's ticket to survival.

The Syndies may be charging further into Eastern Europe but they're doomed long-term- you seem to have a massive advantage in Iberia and the AI in general just does not react well to amphibious landings opening up new fronts.

@serutan: Taking out the Italians is very high on my agenda.

@History_Buff: Well I don't really want to talk to much about future strategies at the moment, but that is an option.

@Karaiskandar: I know, I cant believe the French/Italians are still advancing, especially know that the Germans and their allies are getting Russian reinforcements. What I am more surprised by however is that Mitteleuropa has yet to begin its counterattack. I guess they are just waiting for more Russian troops to arrive or something.

@Nikolai: At this point, I don't think the Germans will be getting overrun any soon. However, if it were not for the Russian intervention, it is questionable whether or not they would be able to launch any counterattack. But that will not stop my hurrying this offensive up, and bringing about the complete defeat of Syndicalism!

@Issac Wolfe: Thanks! :)

@Zhuge Liang: Thats the main reason why I invaded Iberia rather than France, since Iberia already had lots of troops in country to offer some pretty good resistance.

As the French move into Hungarian territory, they set up a new Austrian Syndicalist state, in an attempt to gain more local reinforcements.
syndieaustria.png

Iberian troops attempt to retake the southern banks of the Ebro river. Their efforts prove to be futile, due to powerful American defenses along the southern side, which inflict huge Syndicalist casualties and force them to call of their attack.
iberiancounterattack.png

By the end of January, 1944, the front in Iberia has settled to Cantabria, the Basque country, central Aragon, and Catalonia. These areas represent the final strongholds of the CNT-FAI government, and the last obstables before the heart of Syndicalism itself: the Commune of France.
iberianfrontjanuary1944.png

General Eisenhower begins the final stage of the Iberian campaign crossing the Ebro river near Saragossa and pushing for the Pyrennes mountains. Despite very heavy resistance, Eisenhower is able to cross the river and directly threaten the city of Bilbao. Also note that the French have 1945 infantry divisions.
acrosstheebro.png

Meanwhile, US forces clear out Catalonia, marching on the city of Barcelona, home of the CNT-FAI anarchist movement. With their forces reeling from the relentless American assault, the Iberian government is unable to organize any real resistance, allowing US troops to take and hold Barcelona.
marchonbarcelona.png

The US navy enters the Mediterranean sea, with the objective of scouting the Italian coast, and securing the seas around Iberian held Crete.
navymedops.png

The only real resistance at sea in the Mediterranean comes from a group of Iberian and French destroyers which are found off the coast of Sicily. All of these destroyers are blasted out of the water by the powerful American battleships.
syndicalistdestroyers.png

US troops now begin to attack the heavily defended Pyrenees mountains, which make up the bulk of the border between Spain and France. Resistance in the mountains is intense, with large numbers of American soldiers being killed in ambushes in the narrow mountain passes by Iberian and French infantry.
overwhelmingforcepyrenn.png

Meanwhile, US marines invade Crete, the former German naval base, to prevent the Islands use as some kind of final stronghold by the CNT-FAI. When the last Iberian troops surrender, US forces make a shocking discovery, finding that the commander of the Crete Garrison is none other than a former General of the Combined Syndicates of America's people's army, Oliver Law, who had fled to Europe with Jack Reed and other American syndicalists after their crushing defeat in the civil war. Oliver Law is immediately arrested and charged with high treason and conspiracy against the US government, and is immediately sent back to the United States to face a federal court for aiding the enemy.
invasionofcrete.png

The battle of the Pyrenees turns into a bloody meatgrinder, which unfortunately succeeds in forcing General's MacArthur and Eisenhower to call of the American assault on the mountains.
pyrennesfailure.png

Back in the United States, the brand new Essex class Aircraft Carriers complete their sea trials and are ready for battle. This fleet, under the command of Admiral Halsey, is soon to be dispatched to England, to do battle with whats left of the French navy.
3rdctf.png

ussleyte.jpg

On the eastern front, Ukrainian forces have been pushed back to their final strongholds, centered along the cities of Odessa and Kiev. Many predict that despite their best efforts, the Ukrainians will be lucky to survive for even a few more weeks.
ukrainianssquished1.png

After the debacle in the Pyrenees mountains, General Eisenhower makes one more push to finally force the Iberian syndicalist holdouts to surrender. Eisenhower sends a large mechanized force towards the city of Bilbao, succeeding in pushing the Syndicalist forces out of the major city. Eisenhower's troops then succeed in holding the Basque region from a syndicalist counterattack.
bilbaofalls.png

The fall of Bilbao is the final nail in the coffin for the Iberian syndicalists. Whats left of the Iberian government and armed forces surrender to the United States, with some government officials fleeing for Italy while the rest are captured by US troops. This is a huge blow for the Internationale, as one of their best sources for more troops is now defeated, and the US army is poised on France's doorstep, ready to cross the mountains and invade France itself.
iberiansurrender.png

If you have the men to do it, you should launch an invasion of Italy and France at the same time. That way, they will be unable to support each other.

If you have the men to do it, you should launch an invasion of Italy and France at the same time. That way, they will be unable to support each other.

That is, after they annex germany :D

That is, after they annex germany :D

That is incredibly unlikely at this point given that the Russians have joined the war. The only chance the French have is to end the war before the Russian war machine can arrive, and I think they may have already blown that chance. Soon, Ukraine will fall, and the Russian behemoth will come to bear against them. That is something they will have no chance of surviving

The tide has definitely turned.
Coming from the south, it's going to be easy for the Americans to invade France all the way to the Loire and beyond.