• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hum pretty hard battles there, massives losses, but London is in sight, good news!

The British are certainly making the fight hard for you but at least you've got naval supremacy now. Do you have many reinforcements waiting in America or is this pretty much your entire army.

The British are certainly making the fight hard for you but at least you've got naval supremacy now. Do you have many reinforcements waiting in America or is this pretty much your entire army.

He should have a handful of armored divisions still in the 'States or en route to Iceland. They're probably building up their org, though.

I agree with an earlier poster - air power could certainly tip the scales in your favor in the island.

Well done!

@History_Buff: There is nothing in Scotland other than mountains and sheep, as well as only a small portion of the Union of Britain's army. England and Wales are more important, since they possess the bulk of Britain's industrial and military power. Besides, I wanted to attack south quickly to prevent the British from heavily stacking cities like Liverpool and Birmingham with tons of divisions.

@Zhuge Liang: What I have in Britain is basically the bulk of my combat forces. I have some armoured units forming up in the States, as well as some Marines in the Atlantic islands, acting as temporary garrisons until I can move in some garrison divisions to replace them.

@everyone else: Thanks for your comments!

With Norwich secured, US troops launch an assault on the city of Birmingham, defended by 170,000 British troops. Despite being heavily entrenched in the city's streets, the weight of sheer American numbers and firepower eventually overcomes the British, forcing them to flee to the south.
battleofbirmingham2.png

The fall of Birmingham finally allows the US army to break through towards the Channel. US troops quickly surge south, overrunning Wales and occupying the city of Bristol. In response, the British launch a massive counterattack, throwing 330,000 troops backed up by lots of heavy artillery at General Marshall's forces. Under this relentless Assault and taking very heavy casualties, Marshall orders his forces to withdraw back to the north.
bristolcounterattack.png

A second group of American troops rushes into Bristol to try and hold the city. Once again, the British assault proves to be too much to handle, and US forces retreat.
bristolcounterattack2.png

The battle of Britain is proving to be very costly in terms of lives for the United States armed forces. Since the first day of the invasion, US casualties have grown to approximately 125,000, a total casualty rate of over 10% of all US forces in Britain.
heavycasualties.png

After the British retake Bristol, the US forces in the area, now reorganized and ready for another battle, launch their own massive assault. 66 American divisions launch a hugely overwhelming assault on the British forces, decisively crushing the British army. US troops soon reoccupy the area, and hold it against any other British assaults.
3rdbristol.png

Back in Mainland Europe, something decisive seems to be happening on the frontlines between France and Germany. French troops and tanks have taken and held the entire Netherlands, using the country as a springboard to invade Northern Germany. French forces occupy the city of Munster, before being forced back out by a German counterattack. Although the Germans retook Munster, it is a very disturbing sign of how the ground war in Europe is progressing.
munsterfalls.png

London, the heart of the former British Empire and now home of British Syndicalism, is finally within reach. General Bradley is given the task of leading over 900,000 US troops into the attack on the British capital. Against Bradley's forces are the bulk of the Union of Britain's remaining southern forces, approximately 280,000 strong, which are heavily entrenched in the city's many narrow streets and heavily built up areas. Despite the danger, US forces launch their assault, hitting the British defenses from the north, east, and west. British forces, outnumbered over 3 to 1 and facing a punishing assault by massed US artillery and armoured forces, are soon pushed out, but not after large sections of London are reduced to rubble by the fighting.
battleoflondon.png

basilica.jpg

The fall of London is the final straw that breaks the back of all British resistance in England. First, US forces travel south, reaching the English channel and cutting whats left of the UoB's forces in two. Next, General Marshall forces the surrender of 6 British divisions in Cornwall.
plymouthsurrender.png

And then the big prize, as General Eisenhower crushes the remnants of all British forces in England. When the dust settles, the remains of 47 British divisions surrender en masse to US forces, ending the campaign for England in a complete US victory.
massbritishsurrender.png

After the fall of Dover, a large force of British warships attempts to breakout of the port and flee to France. The British are intercepted however, by Admiral Kinkaid's carrier task force. The battle that follows is a complete massacre for the British, who lose a huge amount of destroyers and a light cruiser for only the loss of a single flotilla of American destroyers.
britishnavallosses.png

Whats left of the British Republican army now fortifies itself in its final stronghold, the Scottish city of Glasgow. General MacArthur leads US forces in the assault on the city, quickly overrunning the British forces, who since the fall of England and the destruction of much of the British Republican navy, seem to have lost their will to resist.
battleofglasgow.png

US troops make a stunning discovery at Glasgow's heavily damaged airport, which had been shut down due to US artillery attacks and Entente air activity overhead. What US troops find hiding in the airports terminal building is the entire politburo of the Union of Britian, including such figures as President Tom Mann, Arthur Horner, Minister Oswald Mosley, and the chief of staff of the British Republican Military, Tom Wintringham. All are immediately arrested by US troops and taken to MacArthur's field HQ, where they sign the articles of the Union of Britain's surrender.
britishsurrender.png

On August 19th, 1943, all British Republican forces lay down their arms and surrender to US forces. The Battle of Britain is finally over, and the US armed forces are victorious! This victory is a huge blow to the continental forces of the Internatonale, who are now subject to heavy bombing attacks by Entente aircraft operating out of newly captured British airfields. Meanwhile, in Canada, celebrations break out all over the country, as the British King Edward the 8th and Canadian Prime Minister Mackenzie king declare Victory in Britain day.
victoryinbritain.png

Last edited:
The British failed to organise an escape a la Dunkirk, I see. Amazing. o_O
A campaign well fought!

How many souls did America lose in total?

Last edited:
British fortress has fallen...

I think it is time to launch your own Normandy invasion, thus fulfilling the goal of your other major ally, National France, by taking back France Proper. Not to mention the fall of France would be a more or less fatal blow to Syndicalism. And then their is the fact that that is where Jack Reed is hiding. All of these combined seem to make a pretty good case for an invasion of France. Not to mention, you now have a rather large American base right on France's backdoor. It would also make sure that Germany, who's success is critical to your own, does not fall.

A cruel, hard and bloody campaign, but what a sweet victory.
It's the beginning of the end for the syndies.

Let's not screw over the Germans; when they got screwed over OTL, bad shit happened later. We don't want a nationalistic demagogue from Germany starting WWIII!

Be friends with Germany!

Let's not screw over the Germans; when they got screwed over OTL, bad shit happened later. We don't want a nationalistic demagogue from Germany starting WWIII!

Be friends with Germany!

That was my thinking as well, Germany hasnt been hostile towards the USA as well as they still are fighting against the Common enemies of the US as well.

Good show. Now for the Continent! The French, Italian and Spanish people need to be liberated from
the cancer that is Syndicalism!

And the setup is such that a Normandy invasion will probably be your best move - you should be able to establish
a nice deep foothold by the time winter starts.

Why is it critical? Just annex them too.

They are critical because the German front ties down a huge amount of Syndicalist troops. If Germany collapses, they can turn their full might on you. Also, as long as Germany is alive and well, The French must keep substantial men on that border to at least hold them, reducing the amount of men he will have to face. That means that he will only have to face a fraction of the French forces unless the French ai is an idiot and decides to send all of his forces against you resulting in a massive German counteroffensive. However, even if that happens, it would mean that Germany would overrun France and do your dirty work for you. Either way he wins.In short, if you succeed, Germany succeeds, if you fail, Germany fails and possibly vice versa. They may not be a full blown ally, but they force France to fight a war on two fronts.

As for annexing Germany, I am not against doing that after the war is over when you have strong allies, who have been reinforced by the gift of France and Britain to them. Then you can take on Mitteleuropa and easily beat them. Germany is usually the only really strong power in Mitteleuropa, which means if Germany falls, so does Mitteleuropa

In the Kaiserreich world, it was really Germany's fault that the US was shut out from the world market and thus suffered an economic depression and civil war.
The incentive for punishing them is there.

In the Kaiserreich world, it was really Germany's fault that the US was shut out from the world market and thus suffered an economic depression and civil war.
The incentive for punishing them is there.

This. The USA has plenty of reason to dislike the Germans in this game.

I am trying this mod, but it is now early 42 and I have gotten no gearings. I saw them fire in your aar. What are the triggers in this mod? I have regained all of the USA including Alaska, Colon and Hawaii. I have puppeted all of the Americas except Canada and the island nations. I am sitting and waiting for my gear ups while feeding my puppets with blue prints. Will these gear ups fire or not?

Also, I asked in the mod section but got no answer, what about the spy system? It seems bugged.

I think Mobius migth have modded them in from the Vanilla, seeing the effects are quite similiar. Never seen them fire for the USA in Kaiserreich usually.
Ok, thanks. I think I will just edit the effects in then.