• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
So, the invasion of Britain, eh? Interesting. I hope that will make France come to their aid and take some pressure off of Germany.

I have a soft spot for the Kaiserreich.

@Karaiskandar: don't worry. It is my policy to rename ships that have that annoying "1st light carrier division" etc, style name.

@ColonelIronboot: The Japanese have about 220 ish IC, with about 80 of that being offmap IC that I decided to give them.

@Meadow: Thanks. I am glad that the boosted syndicalists are actually living up to everyone's expectations.

@History_Buff: I am not sure if military access with the Germans would be possible, since me and Germany are in separate alliances.

@mk11: Ireland is neutral, so they will not be touched. Plus, I think Garner would not want to anger the large Irish community back in the US.:D

@Austria Hungary: I try to think of US/German relations as being similar to the RL relations between the Allies and the USSR IRL. During the war they are buddies, but when the guns go silent, bitter rivals.

@ everyone else: thanks for your comments!

Note: I would like to announce that I am now going to use graphics modification techniques from TRP's AuthAAR's development kit. I am also going to try and make a banner for the front page. I will show you guys a preview when I get around to it.

Now on to the update.

The US navy begins to move its 2 Carrier task forces to naval bases in Iceland, in preparation for combat operations against the Union of Britain.
movingtoiceland1.png

The arrival of the carriers is soon followed by the movement of hundreds of thousands of US soldiers to Iceland. This force, consisting of veteran marines, mountain infantry, regular foot infantry, some of the Army's new mechanized infantry units, as well as the US 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th armies, is soon ready for battle in the new European theater of operations.
troopstoiceland.png

Meanwhile, the Japanese invade the former Portuguese colony of Macao.
japanmacao.png

At the beginning of May, the fleet sets sail, the destination: east England, where the Union of Britain's defenses are their weakest.
fleetheadstobritain.png

With the fleet in place and with naval fire support from Admiral Kinkaid's carriers and Cruisers, the US 2nd army, led by General Marshall, invades Britain. Hundreds of thousands of US troops hit the beaches in Sunderland, facing resistance from a corps sized formation of the British Republican Army. Although heavily outnumbered, the British fight tenaciously, aided by the fact that American troops are having trouble trying to organize their forces on the beaches.
battleofsunderland1.png

After about 4 days of bitter fighting, American numbers finally win out over logistical problems and British resistance. Sunderland falls to the US Army and the Entente now has a foothold in Britain!
footholdinbritain.png

As the British Republican Army marches towards the landing zone, the US transport fleet quickly moves back to Iceland, to pick up the 2nd wave of the invasion force. These reinforcements quickly arrive, bringing the total number of US troops in Britain to over 1 million.
reinforcementsarrive.png

756pxnormandy7.jpg

With the bridgehead secured, US troops begin to break out, first to the north, attacking the heavily fortified city of Edinburgh. 120,000 British troops fight the US army tooth and nail for control of the city, before eventually being forced to retreat north for Glasgow. (BTW, check out those attack/defense values. 320%!)
battleofedinburgh.png

The army's first armored divisions finally mobilize in the United States. These new armored corps will give the Army the ability to smash through even the most potent enemy defenses.
tanks.png

charm4sherman.jpg

With England now cut off from Scotland, the US army continues to advance taking the city of Blackpool.
battleofblackpool.png

The US army now advances south into England, running into heavy resistance at the city of Liverpool. Despite their best efforts, US troops are unable to break through the in-depth British defenses at Liverpool, resulting in General Marshall ordering US forces to abandon the attack on the city.
battleofliverpool.png

Last edited:
I have never tried it, but it should be possible to get military access with the Germans if your relations with them are high enough

oooo are you going to liberate a divided kingdom or a "united" one

Get it, united kingdom

what why arent you laughing! :mad:

when you manage to take over Britain, you should give it to Canada. That will make for a stronger ally when the "liberation of Britain even" fires. I have never had it happen, but I have heard this exchange suggested before for this very reason

Well you have a foothold in Britain, but I think that you'll need airpower to overcome the resistance of the Britons.
They have a quite potent army.

Does UoB have any mobilisation events?

Does UoB have any mobilisation events?

No. But by the looks of the amount of soldiers they have already, and how difficult encirclement can be on the British Isles, the USA will have a fight on its hands anyway.

At first I was all "Screw the Canadians" over them taking all those US territories but now that they returned them, except the Panama Canal, you should turn the island over to them.

Not to mention you can use the British Isles as a bargaining chip to get the canal back

@History_Buff: I will give it a try, but I will not transfer Britain to the Canadians until the war in Europe is over.

@Karaiskandar: At that point I had actually forgotten all about my airforce, but it wasn't a problem. As soon as I overran the first airfields, tons of Canadian, South African, and Latin American bombers arrived to help my ground forces.

@Zhuge Liang: Some neat info about the UoB's army: Before I invaded they had approx 85 - 90 divisions in total. Some of their troops were fighting in Europe, but not much.

@Asalto: To my knowledge, no.

@yourworstnightm: Will do. Better dead than red!

@Meadow: I am actually pretty happy that they have a powerful army for me to fight. Makes for a better challenge.

@Issac Wolfe: The Canadian's have been contributing, but not really very much in the European theatre. They have mostly sent aircraft and the odd fleet of cruisers/destroyers, but they haven't yet sent the main body of the Canadian and Royal Navy's big warships.

@Everyone else:Thanks for your comments!

The Battle of Britain suddenly moves to the seas around the island nation, as US troops occupy Sheffield and the massive British naval base located in Lincolnshire. US ground movements force the entire British Republican Fleet, which had been sheltering in the harbour due to battle damage suffered from the German navy, out to sea, right into the waiting arms of Admiral Nimitz's carrier task force. The British fleet however is larger than expected, with approximately 13 carriers and about a dozen battleships. Nimitz's carriers launch their aircraft, and attack the massive British armada.
britishfleet.png

sbdsandmikuma.jpg

Although taken by surprise, the British fleet retaliates, sending its own carrier aircraft to attack the US warships. After the USS Hornet takes some severe hits from British bombs and torpedoes, Nimitz orders the US ships to withdraw. However, it is a Pyrrhic victory for the British, as they lose a total of 3 battleships, a battlecruiser, a heavy cruiser, and an aircraft carrier to the US navy.
pyrrhicvictory.png

As the British fleet withdraws to the Channel ports, admiral Kinkaid sends his carriers to intercept, running into a rearguard of British cruisers and destroyers. Without any air cover, the British ships prove to be easy prey, with the US navy sinking the RNS Sheffield and a large number of destroyers.
thewashround22.png

Admiral Kinkaid pursues the British fleet into the English Channel, running into another rearguard of cruisers and destroyers. The results are similar to the previous encounter, with the exception that this engagement results in the loss of a flotilla of American destroyers.
mouthofthethames.png

Back on land, US forces launch another assault on Liverpool, this time from not only the front but also from the British right flank. The added pressure, as well as greater American numbers succeeds in finally forcing the British Republican Army to retreat south, and Liverpool falls to the US army.
2ndliverpool.png

US troops now run into a new line of British defenses, centered around the massive industrial city of Birmingham. After the experience at Liverpool, General Bradley tries to outflank the British by invading Wales and marching on Cardiff. However, Bradley's army is stopped dead in its tracks as massive, and very well equipped British forces arrive in Wales from the channel coast, forcing Bradley to retreat.
battleofcardiff1.png

casualtiesmounting.png

With the failure of General Bradley to secure Wales, General Eisenhower is ordered to attack the city of Norwich, to the east. With lots of British forces having been shifted to the west to stop Bradley's offensive, Norwich's garrison has been reduced, allowing Eisenhower to take the city.
battleofnorwich.png

The fall of Norwich forces more British warships out to sea, sending them headlong into Kinkaid's taskforce. The British soon retreat, but only after losing some more destroyers.
thamesround2.png

200,000 heavily armed British troops launch a massive counterattack on Eisenhower's forces, nearly forcing him to retreat back to the north. Luckily, Eisenhower is able to hold his forces together until nightfall, which hampers the British offensive, and allows American reinforcements to arrive before the morning. With more troops, Eisenhower is able to hold the line, and the British withdraw.
britishcounterattack.png

what happened to the offensive in Scotland? You should rap up that offensive quickly so you can send those divisions down south as reinforcements.

Teach those damn Syndies the meaning of FREEDOM!

You could definitely use even more air power there...

@History_buff - The Brits have a fairly large force in Glasgow, and a flank attack isn't
possible there. Once he manages to capture England, he can then (I think) pull an Inchon on those left in Scotland.

Last edited: