• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The Syndies seem well set up to attack Germany. However Germany is also standing very strong, with all of Austria under its jackboot... :eek:o now the question is, where is the German army? If they are all in Asia and in the Balkans, the Syndie bloc will easily overwhelm them and crush Mitteleuropa like an empty soda can. Would be bad for the US.

For you it would be best if they ground each other to dust...

The Syndies are in a very good position in Europe now as I don't think the German AI will be able to handle the extra fronts and need to fight both in Europe and Asia very well. Good thing you're preparing to take steps to combat the menace closer to home.

A new Weltkrieg ahead.

I think that the Mexicans syndies are doomed. The US Army is now a very lethal and potent force.

@Leviathan07: The German army is still pretty strong along the French border, and is backed up by lots of troops from their allies. They have control over forces from Poland, Lithuania, the Baltic Duchy, and White Ruthenia. Poland has especially given them lots of troops to play with. However, I am somewhat concerned with the size of the German army. The germans are focusing the bulk of their production on airplanes and warships, so I think I am going to have to force them to balance it out with some new Reichswehr expansion.

@Zhuge Liang: I know, the Ukrainians are a real boost to the Syndicalist cause. They have a pretty good sized army so they could open a pretty effective eastern front. Of course, they have to watch out for the mighty Russian army, which has very large concentrations of troops along the Russian/Ukrainian border.

@salidas16:Although Honduras's stand against Syndicalism is good, they would not make a good ally, since they are very authoritarian. They could maybe make a decent German ally though...

@Issac Wolfe:I don't think the Germans will have an easy go at it. They are very powerful, but right now, they are outnumbered by Syndicalists in Europe. Its not bad enough that they could be easily overrun, but rather that they could get bogged down into trench warfare on 2 fronts, which as we all know, is very bad for Germany.

With Syndicalist influence spreading in Europe and South America, as well as the recent German intrusion into what is a traditionally American sphere of influence, President Garner orders the retooling of many factories for military production, as well as the opening, under government ownership, of industrial center's that had been dormant during the depression and damaged during the civil war. This government intervention in the economy is serving to have a very positive effect on the US economy as a whole, with the creation of many jobs, and is even having a good effect on the state of the US military.
preparingforwar.png

US warships relocate to the Caribbean sea, in preparation for future military operations.
tothegulf.png

The US government severs all diplomatic ties with both Mexico and Cuba, including old non-aggression pacts that are now considered null and void due to the actions of both the Cuban government in harboring AUS officials, and the Mexican government, which has also accepted AUS exiles while ruling over the Mexican people through military dictatorship.
nonagressioncancelled.png

Syndicalism is once again on the march in Europe, as the Iberian Anarchist Federation invades Portugal, in the hope of uniting the entire Iberian peninsula under its control.
portuguesewar.png

Now for some statistics.

A comparison of the world's top armies by Sept 30th, 1939. The United States army currently ranks 6th in the world for army size, behind Britain, France, Germany, Japan, and Russia, who ranks 1st with 191 divisions. Also note how the French have more armoured divisions than Germany.
toparmiessept301939.png

Now a comparison of the worlds top navies. Germany has by far the largest amount of capital ships, with 40 battleships and battlecruisers, as well as 3 carriers, 2 CVL's, and a massive amount of cruisers. The United States Navy ranks 5th, behind both Britain and Canada, who both possess the worlds largest aircraft carrier forces.
topnaviessept30th1939.png

Finally, the worlds top airforces. The USAAF ranks 5th in the world for number of aircraft, with about 1700 fighters and bombers in the current inventory. At the top of the list is the German Airforce, followed closely by the resurgent Russian Airforce, which possesses one of the worlds largest bomber fleets.
topairforcessept30th193.png

It did not take long for the FAI to crush little Portugal, which surrenders completely to the government in Madrid. Portugal's entire remaining colonial empire, with the exception of East Timor, is now in the hands of the Syndicalists, giving them bases in places like Macao, all the way in China, as well as many naval bases along the western coast of Africa.
portugalfalls.png

Syndicalism expands even farther, as Centroamerica openly joins the Internationale, with the excuse of needing protection from the United States Government. This now puts the syndicalist aircraft and warships within striking distance of the US gulf coast, an alarming development.
centroamericaandcof.png

The German/Austro war ends in Europe after Emperor Otto sues for peace. The German reparations are harsh, with Germany directly annexing the Sudetenland and the rest of Bohemia into the German Reich. Germany also gains full political control over both Austria and Bosnia, turning them both into nothing more than puppet states under Germany's thumb. Otto Habsburg is now nothing more than a figurehead, sitting in his palace while Germany runs his country through local elites.
puppetaustria.png

Centroamerica joining the Internationale...very bad news!
You should invade Mexico before they join it too!

I've never seen Centroamerica join the Internationale before, despite my repeated attempts when playing as France. On the one hand you might be forced into a conflict sooner than you planned but with the strength of the US Navy the Europeans won't be able to do anything against you.

@Karaiskandar: Mexico wont join the internationale since they are no longer lefties, but that wont stop me from doing some good old fashioned regime change!

@Zhuge Liang: I had to push the AI for centroamerica to make them get friendly with the french. The french AI was also pushed into heavily lobbying the Centroamericans. With both countries influencing each other, they got very friendly very quickly. I used the same method to get lots of countries to start falling into different camps.

Note:I am going on christmas vacation to Saskatoon either tomorrow or wednesday, so this could be the last update for a while, until about the 28th. Therefore this update will be rather larger than usual.

With Syndicalism now firmly entrenched in Central America, the US government continues the expansion of the country's military/industrial complex. More factories come online and more citizens are put into the military's reserve pool of manpower. This expansion and the threat of syndicalism from foreign powers is also serving to further change the country's political viewpoint on intervention, with many now concluding that America's years of isolation and low military spending served to make the country far more vulnerable to foreign influence and aggression.
preparingforwar2.png

The expansion of American war production capability also coincides with the completion of many brand new industrial complexes in cities all across the country, further expanding American industrial production.
factoryproduction.png

In South Asia, Entente allied Delhi finally crushes the last remnants of Burmese resistance. The Entente's position in Southern Asia is now fully secured.
burmacrushed.png

The carrier that was being constructed by the AUS before its defeat is finally completed under US leadership. The ship is christened as the USS Garner, in honor of the President.
ussgarner.png

cv5yorktown1937.jpg

After weeks of preparation, (and lots of time lowering my dissent hits from canceling non-aggression pacts), the time has now come to confront the Cuban government for refusing to extradite former AUS officials back to the US. After one final ultimatum, which goes unanswered by the Cuban regime, President Garner orders the beginning of the invasion of Cuba.
cubanintervention.png

60,000 US infantry, supported by naval gunfire from cruisers and a battleship off the coast, land in southern Cuba, at Guantanamo bay. The local cuban garrison of cavalry is easily smashed, and a beachhead is secured.
battleofguantanamo.png

With Guantanamo secured, US soldiers now begin to march for Havana. Initial resistance is scattered, as Cuban commanders are still frantically trying to organize a proper defense.
marchonhavana.png

Cuban efforts are being further hampered by attacks from the USAAF, which uses the lack of Cuban air cover to great advantage, bombarding large concentrations of Cuban troops all over the island.
bombingofcuba.png

In Morocco, the Iberian Anarchists start to stir up trouble, supplying large quantities of weapons to Moroccan rebels, who start a full uprising in the German colony.
moroccanrebellion.png

The first major setback in the Cuban campaign, as 60,000 Cuban soldiers make a desperate stand at Santa Clara. The Americans, who have been marching without rest towards Havana, are exhausted, and are unable to break through in depth Cuban defenses in the hills of Santa Clara. The advance is now halted, to allow US troops to reorganize and rest in preparation for a renewed assault.
cubanresistance.png

After about 1 week of rest, and with the aid of elite mountaineers brought in from Texas, the advance on Havana continues. The US army hits the Cubans with devastating infantry assaults, supported by heavy US navy artillery bombardments from off the coast. Under this assault, the Cuban army breaks, and falls back to Havana.
breakingcuba.png

The final stand of the Cuban army. Whats left of 7 Cuban divisions fortifies itself inside the streets of Havana, which is now surrounded by US troops on land and by American warships at sea. The assault begins, with 90,000 US soldiers thrown into the battle for Havana. Soon, the city's defenses are overwhelmed, and the Cuban forces surrender.
battleofhavana.png

As the fighting is raging in Cuba, the USAAF is being reequipped with brand new fighters. These new P-51 Mustang fighters will give the USAAF a huge advantage in the skies over almost any enemy threat.
p51mustangs.png

Cuba surrenders unconditionally to the US government. With this surrender, hundreds of AUS officials who had fled to the country in the wake of the civil war are captured and sent back to the US to face their fate. However, rumors spread that some managed to escape Cuba, and go into hiding in Mexico.
cubansurrender.png

Kaiserreich is amazing.:)

Annex them; the potential for the weak new puppet to fall to another power, giving the conquerors a potential nuke base 90 miles from the missile bases in Florida, close to the fleet in Mobile, and with the possibility of nuking the oil in Texas, is too high to risk for the new state. Take other bases as well; maybe Aruba, Jamaica, ooh I want to take ya, Bermuda, Bahamas, come on pretty mama, Key Largo, Montego, baby why don't we go down to Kokomo?

Annex them; the potential for the weak new puppet to fall to another power, giving the conquerors a potential nuke base 90 miles from the missile bases in Florida, close to the fleet in Mobile, and with the possibility of nuking the oil in Texas, is too high to risk for the new state. Take other bases as well; maybe Aruba, Jamaica, ooh I want to take ya, Bermuda, Bahamas, come on pretty mama, Key Largo, Montego, baby why don't we go down to Kokomo?
I enjoyed the pun, but that doesn't sound really "Americany" to me. I envision the US establishing military bases an puppets leaders to make an invisible empire in the Western Hemisphere, and use that power to combat the Red Menace, or create a beckon of freedom in a tide of Syndicalism.

Oh, the things current, OTL Latin America could say to TTL Latin America in the time period...they would all go Syndie/Autocrat in a heartbeat.

I have never seen the Internationale get so strong before. they can surely beat germany in a year or two in their current position.