• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Something tells me the Russians will be busy on the mainland. They do have to fight several nations that have been churning out infantry after all. I would aim for South China and SE Asia but that's just me. You might be able to sneak in a force and grab Korea if you want to run the risk.

The Brazilians have exposed the weakness of the Japanese Home Islands so now might be the time to strike there and cripple them, particularly while they and Mittleuropa are having so much fun together. I can see the Japs and allies making things hard for Russia in Asia while you swoop in and attack their rear.

@ColonelIronboot: I don't think that is going to happen. Like I said, I do not really like to upload or hand over any of my personal modifications. I hope I don't come off looking like a dick because of that, but that is how I feel.

@Karaiskandar: I don't have to worry about a Russian landing. IIRC, the port of Okhotsk doesn't have any vessels docked in it, and I think Russia's naval transport ships were destroyed by the Syndicalist navies during the second world war.

@frigidmagi: The Russian advance will probably be held up more by terrain rather than military forces. The bulk of Japan's forces in Asia are tied up fighting the Indian, Latin American, and other Allied forces along the trenches in Siam. The Manchu's and Mongolian's are pretty powerful though, and the Japanese will be redeploying reinforcements to the north.

@Zhuge Liang: I could go for the jugular and seize the home isle's while they are still empty, but that would not be very fun AAR wise. Instead, I am going to take over all of Japan's overseas territories before fighting a huge land battle on the mountainous and urbanized home isles, giving this stage of the AAR a real explosive conclusion.

@Xesan: The Spanish have other ideas. :)

ANZAC troops launch a counterattack in the northern Outback, succeeding in forcing the American infantry to withdraw back to the north. Reinforcements will clearly be needed to make a decisive breakthrough in Northern Australia.
battleoftheoutback.png

At sea, the US navy continues to blast isolated groups of Japanese ships out of the water. Here, a pair of Japanese cruisers are sent to the bottom by American battleships.
raidingjapaneseshipping.png

A big "WTF" moment. Australia is invaded once again, but this time, not by American troops. For reason's known only to the Germans and Russians, the Ottoman Empire invades far north Queensland!
wtfottomans.png

American battleships are sent on a scouting mission north, all the way into Tsushima strait, where they run into another group of Japanese surface vessels. The ensuing naval battle is heavily one sided, with American battleships firing from long range and blasting the Japanese vessels out of the water without taking any damage themselves.
battleoftsushimastrait.png

Once again, the Ottomans land in Australia! This landing is soon wiped out by the ANZAC's, as huge ANZAC reinforcements mobilize and begin to head to the front.
ottomansagain.png

It appears that the United States is not alone in the pursuit of nuclear weapons. American intelligence confirms the existence of nuclear weapon's programs in both Russia, and Germany. Both states have also put tons of money and resources into the development of delivery systems for such weapons, including the development by Germany of a large fleet of heavy strategic bombers. (yeah, I had to nofog to see this, since I wanted to see if my AI programming was paying off, and thankfully, it has.)
russiannukeprogram.png

germannukeprogram.png

Then, disaster. The American forces in the city of Perth come under huge ANZAC attack by 11 divisions, led by Field Marshal Blamey. Before American reinforcements can be dispatched, the ANZAC's overrun American positions and retake the city, forcing the surrender of at least 60,000 US troops. This is the biggest mass surrender by US troops in history, and a big blow to the war effort in Australia.
perthcounterattack.png

6divisionscaptured.png

The US joint chiefs decide to retaliate for this defeat by invading the heavily garrisoned Northern island of New Zealand, with the goal of completely crushing ANZAC forces there and removing a possible sanctuary of the Australasian government.
battleofauckland.png

Your commitment to entertaining us is admirable, I'm impressed at how successful your AI modifications are as well as your commitment to doing things in the most stubborn, hard-fought way possible.

Your commitment to entertaining us is admirable, I'm impressed at how successful your AI modifications are as well as your commitment to doing things in the most stubborn, hard-fought way possible.

+1 Can't say it better myself.
And Crazy Ottomans! :rofl:

I take it then that the Mittleuropa DOW was not your doing.

Now if you had bombed those ANZAC hosers into the Stone Age when you invaded, they wouldn't
be giving your problems now :p

@Zhuge Liang: Thanks. One of the biggest challenges with this AAR is, well, trying to make it challenging, and therefore, entertaining. The USA is pretty much the most powerful country in the world, whether in KR or Vanilla, making it a lot harder to make a challenging game. Its good to see that my efforts are paying off.

@CylonAndrew: Well Russia won't conquer all of Japan, remember, their navy doesn't have enough, if any, transport flotillas to carry out a home isles landing. Besides, that would become impossible very soon, since I tinkered with Japan's building AI after the Brazilian raid.

@Karaiskandar & Xesan: I know. Those shifty Turks are a real surprise. I mean come on, they invaded fucking Australia! Turks! In Australia! (head explodes)

@serutan: Yeah, I guess i kinda started to forget about my air force at this point. Then again, my allies have been pretty reliable with the air cover, I have seen bombers and fighters from Canada, France, the UK, South Africa, and my Latin American allies constantly harassing enemy forces.

Also, I had intended to have Russia or Germany DOW the Japanese at some point in the future, but not until much later in the game. I was very surprised that Brazil raiding the home isles would result in a Mitteleuropan invasion of Asia.

The fighting for the northern island of New Zealand intensifies, as US forces run into heavier than expected resistance throughout the island. Every inch is paid for in massive amounts of blood and equipment as ANZAC troops counterattack US forces wherever they can.
heavynzfighting.png

The problem is solved with the arrival of massive amounts of American reinforcements. Eventually, ANZAC troops are cornered in the city of Wellington, where they make their final stand. US and Latin American troops, with the support of heavy Canadian bombers, besiege the city for 3 days, before its 80,000 defenders finally give up and surrender.
battleofwellington.png

November, 1948. Americans once again practice their democratic rights as citizens and vote in the years presidential elections. The massive US defeats at the hands of the US navy had resulted in President Truman becoming highly unpopular for a long time, with many calling for the resignations of many top government and military officials for perceived incompetence in the prosecution of the war against Japan. This resulted in many believing that the Republican challenger, Thomas Dewey, would win the election by a wide margin. However, the decisive turning of the war in the favour of the United States and its allies has restored confidence in the Truman administration, resulting in his shocking win on election night.
uselections1948.png

1948deweydefeatstruman5.jpg

The state of the war in Asia by the winter of 1948. Millions of Russian and Mitteleuropan troops clash with growing numbers of Japanese and Japanese allied forces in northern Asia, as Russian tanks and infantry march on the cities of Beijing and Vladivostok. The Japanese situation is grim, with Mongolia nearly defeated and the Fengtien republic under heavy pressure by growing numbers of Russian troops. At the same time, the Japanese have to try to hold back mounting pressure in the Siamese theatre by the Indian and Allied armies.
asianlandwarwinter1948a.png

With New Zealand clear of enemy forces, and massive numbers of reinforcements arriving regularly in New Guinea, the US navy and Army begin landing operations directed on eastern Australia. The American vanguard force lands at the beaches near Brisbane, crushing the enemy garrison and seizing control of the city.
battleofbrisbane.png

Meanwhile, the enemy continues to launch ferocious counterattacks on US forces still pinned down in Northern Australia near the city of Darwin. Here, a massive force of 120,000 ANZAC troops, fresh from their victory in Perth against the US army, besiege US forces, but eventually fail to drive them out of the area.
anzaccounterattack2.png

US reinforcements arrive in Brisbane from New Guinea and New Zealand, and immediately break out in all directions. Their objectives are simple: take control of Australia's primary cities and industrial centres, and smash the ability of the ANZAC's to continue resistance.
eastaustralianoffensive.png

It does not take long for US mechanized infantry and commando units to reach the city of Sydney, the most populated and heavily industrialized city in all of Australia. 120,000 US troops attack the city from the north, and soon overwhelm the enemy garrison which fights for every square inch of ground.
battleofsydney.png

To the north, US troops from the Brisbane beachhead link up with US forces that move into the area from Darwin, encircling a number of ANZAC troops, as well as keeping the Ottoman forces in the area from expanding any further.
northandeastfrontslink.png

When the war in the Pacific is over you should have the ottomans release an Islamic Australian peninsula. :L

@Midge: The Islamic kingdom of far north Queensland? :D

To be honest, I think there will probably have to be some kind of treaty between the Allies and Mitteleuropa to settle boundaries after the pacific war is over. Since I will own the vast majority of Australia, the Ottomans will probably have to hand far north Queensland over to US control.

@Zhuge Liang: I am looking forward to the final battle. I am already thinking of how I am going to fight and win against a reinvigorated Nuclear Germany and the 800 division Russian Army in a massive global war.

@everyone else, thanks for the comments!

US forces continue to move south, this time, into the city of Canberra, capital of the Australasian Confederation and one of the countries largest industrial centres. Defending the city are the remnants of Sydney's garrison, as well as Canberra's own defenders, for a total of 7 divisions. American mechanized infantry assault the city from the north, and, after a tough 3 days of bitter fighting, finally secure the city centre, raising the US flag over the Australasian parliament buildings.
battleofcanberra.png

US soldiers now invade the state of Victoria, marching on the major city of Melbourne and forcing ANZAC troops to retreat once again, this time to the west.
battleofmelbourne.png

The frontlines near Darwin become active once again, as US troops take advantage of weaker ANZAC lines to force a breakthrough along the northern coast.
northwestaustraliafront.png

ANZAC forces in the south east are dealt a huge blow, as US mechanized infantry units outmaneuver ANZAC forces and surround 80,000 of their troops in the town of Broken Hill. After an intense siege battle, the enemy forces give up and surrender en masse to US troops.
brokenhillpocket.png

Meanwhile, fighting still rages in New Guinea, as US forces attempt to clear out all remaining Japanese and ANZAC troops from the island. Here, at Kerema, US forces are victorious, and force the Japanese and their allies to retreat into the western jungles.
battleofkerema.png

US forces now smash through ANZAC units along the southern coast, forcing the enemy to flee helplessly for the city of Perth, the last major urban center in Australia still under their control.
southerncoastaladvance.png

Ulithi, a strategically important island in the central pacific, is still under ANZAC control (because the spanish for some reason moved their garrison there and it was retaken by the Japanese), meaning that this island will need to be taken before Australasia will surrender. American bombers are sent in to raid supply shipments to the island, with the hope that the enemy forces will starve to death and the island can be retaken.
ulithibase.png

Meanwhile, US scientists make a breakthrough in research for nuclear weapons technology. These new weapons, which could have the destructive potential to destroy entire cities and armies, could be the key to completely crushing Japan should its imperial government refuse to surrender to US forces.
nuclearweapons.png

In northern China, Russian and Japanese forces continue to battle ferociously for the region. The Russian Czar's new army is proving to be more than capable of fighting the Japanese and their allies, with Russian troops having taken Beijing, Harbin, and Mukden, and finally laying siege to the city of Vladivostok.
russiantide.png

redarmyinharbin.png

Finally, after an intense street to street battle, the city of Vladivostok falls to Russian forces. The government of Transamur, led by Admiral Kolchak, surrenders unconditionally to the Russian army, with Kolchak himself disappearing soon afterwards, most likely to a Russian prison in Siberia.
transamurdefeated.png

The Russian Bear rumbles on... you will have a hell of a fight on your hands when it turns on you. Great update, looking forward to the end of Australasia. Also love the innocent style with which you talk about these 'new weapons' that nukes currently are.

Nucular(sic) weapons! :D
That'll make WWIII more fun, if anything.

Out of curiosity, is this war between Japan and everyone else considered the Second Weltkrieg or the Third? Because it started only after the Syndicalists were wiped from the face of Earth.