• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
How about Grossdietsland as a name? To show how it's a greater version of the traditional Dietsland, with forced-resettlement of the native Francophones in favour of Lowland settlers? The rationale could be that the Kaiser does not wish to have any treacherous Frenchmen in Mitteleuropa, and so gives them all 2000 marks and tells them to leave to American-controlled France.

It would give the US authorities something else to add to their list of 'reasons we need to eventually go to war with Germany'!

That would be very un-German to do. Unlike conquered Slavic countries, conquered Romance countries are popular places to be stationed for garrison troops. This is not only because the Germanic man likes to gloat over conquered peoples he considers culturally his equal. It is also due to the excellent quality of the food and drink, which can be enjoyed in those countries.

If the Romance populations are removed, not only does the Germanic soldier-man no longer have the opportunity to gloat and feel manly when he walks through the promenades and city streets surrounded by what he considers conquered peoples. Worse still, without Frenchies or Walloons around, the quality of food and drink served in the cafés and restaurants will decline sharply, since they would have to be replaced by Dutchmen who - as every experienced traveller knows - know only fried potatoes and cabbage for meals, and diluted beer of inferior quality. Totally unacceptable.

No one in his right mind would replace French food and entertainment...
Moulin%20Rouge%20exotic%20reduit.jpg

...with what these people produce
Holland.jpg

:D ;)

Knowing Wilhelm (as ridiculous an idea as it is) he was very fond of imperial/stupid ventures. He would, in my opinion, look very keenly on kicking the french out of those territories entirely, or simply creating a new Burgundy (Which he actually did propose once to king Leopold)

I agree it's a very stupid idea, much more in common with the actions of that bizarre main character in 'Fuhrerreich', the alternate history novels which involve the Kaiser falling after losing WWI, and fascists taking over Germany. Nevertheless, given how high German hatred of the French must be right now, combined with the bombastic nature of Germany's leaders (though Wilhelm III is admittedly calmer than his father ever was), what's a little resettlement going to matter? Don't forget that bizarre book that argued that Belgians were German because their women were beautiful, blonde, and discussed Beethoven... that was before WWI, and must be very much on the national consciousness now.

Passing the Torch

<Steps onto Soap Box>

Dear Kaiser_Mobius;

In Honor both of your awesome and your Final Victory over the Evils of Sindicalism, Allow me to Bestow upon you;

Vishaing said:
The Next WritAAR of the Week:

Kaiser_Mobius for his work on; In defense of Freedom, a USA Kaiserreich AAR

Having been born <Puts Flag on Head> IN AMERICA!, this AAR is quite enjoyable for many reasons. First off it is just phenomenally well written, with a penchant for realism and putting the events into a coherent context that I greatly enjoy. Second off, I like seeing someone win as the USA in Kaiserreich, as it seems like every Alternate History Mod or Book puts an inordinate amount of effort towards Killing the USA. And Finally, becuase he is, as he has admitted, in many ways breaking the mod, as it is not designed to see the USA win and then start Kicking Ass and Chewing Bubblegum, and then subsequently running out of Bubblegum, and I too enjoy breaking things, especially mods.

Granted, Kaiser_Mobius is Canadian, but I won't hold that against him ;)

So Congratulations Kaiser_Mobius!
Now keep going and Liberate the Hell out of MittleEuropa!
<Steps Off Soap Box and Bows>

Wow! Damn, this was probably the last thing I was expecting to see today!

I would like to take this opportunity to thank all of you on AARland, who have either read or commented on this AAR. It makes me feel very good to know that everyone here has been reading and enjoying it!

Anyway, I have been kind of putting the AAR on the backburner recently, due to my university work and other things. I also have some more modding work to do, such as getting more suitable minsters for spain.

Plus, i have hit a wall with how I can realistically start a war with Japan. Their AI, despite being programmed to attack, wont declare war. I would do it myself, but I cannot think of a way to justify a massive Asian war to the American people, especially when I am trying to be "the good side" in the game.

Didn't Japan seize Hawaii and the USA's Pacific Islands?

Go Liberate Them!

Well Imperial Japan's military leadership has never been the most sanest or intelligent of leaders. You could have them shoot at an American trading ship and use the situation as a justification for war. Though that is very small reason to go to war over. Or just have them think that with the Majority of the US' military in Europe, have them attack and try to overwhelm American bases in the Pacific thinking that the Americans will sue for peace once they get them all. I mean like I said the Imperial Japanese military historically never grounded their plans in reality.

Well, I do agree with the idea of having the japs declare war for pasific bases or something.

BTW, I'm currently kicking ass as japan (with cheats:eek:) and have taken over the entire west coast of the US, and allied myself with the American Union States, plus I beat the germans and most of china. The morral of the story, Japan's got some byte.

Well, I found a solution to my japan problem, so its time to continue this thing. A bit of a short update today, but things should quickly escalate....

As soon as the war in Europe ended, Japan, deciding that it needs all of China rather than part of it, invades the little Millenarian Chinese state of Shangqing Tianguo.
japanshangqingwar.png

Meanwhile, the United States begins to hand over sovereignty in occupied Britain to the royalist government in Canada. As soon as the first British territory is handed over to Canadian control, the Canadians proclaim the reformation of the United Kingdom.
liberationofuk.png

The United States immediately withdraws its occupational authorities from the rest of Great Britain. US soldiers leave their garrisons throughout the island and prepare to leave, as King Edward the 8th arrives to a heavily damaged London to great cheers and fanfare, forming a military provisional government while the country prepares to hold elections.
handovertobritain.png

ukcabinet.png

In exchange for returning the British Isles to the British exiles in Canada, King Edward orders the Panama Canal zone to be returned to the United States. This leaves only the island of Guam as the last pre-civil war US territory that is not yet back in United States hands.
canalreturned.png

Meanwhile, the US navy's carrier and battleship fleets in the Atlantic leave European waters for Boston, back in the United States.
navyheadinghome.png

A conference is held between the top leaders of the United States, Germany, and the major allies of both sides. Held in Paris, the occupied capital of France in the United States zone, both sides redraw the map of Europe, dividing it into zones of influence between both the Entente and Mitteleuropa. In the agreement, the United States is given control of islands that had been occupied by Germany and the Ottoman Empire during the war, with the intent of handing them over to brand new governments in Spain, Italy, and France. In exchange, Entente forces evacuate Amsterdam, the French channel ports north of the Seine River, Casablanca, and the German territory of Crete. Hungary meanwhile, is awarded by Germany for its loyalty, by gaining control of Bosnia, south east Croatia, and Slavonia, giving the country a direct seaport on the Adriatic sea. Finally, Switzerland, which had its French cantons taken from it by the Commune of France in the late 1930's, is given back control over the French portion of its rightful territory by the United States.
postsyndicalisteurope19.png

A numerous number of high level government decisions are made by the British provisional government after their return to power. These include the abolishment of labour Unions, the repatriation of former Union of Britain prisoners of war, which begin their long journey to reintegration into the new British society, the returning of the house of lords, the british merchant fleet, as well as the major British leaders that had fled the country during the 1925 revolution. Meanwhile, the former members of the British Empire, which have since become fully independent states, far removed from the government in London, announce a new alliance with the United Kingdom. On paper, it is announced as the restoration of the British Empire, but in reality, it is simply a lose alliance of former British colonial possessions, which would later become the British Commonwealth of Nations.
britishevents.png

The provisional British government later announces a new national holiday, known as liberty day, to celebrate the liberation of Great Britain and the surrender of the syndicalist government to the forces of the Entente.
libertyday.png

The new Europe is taking shape.
It's a glorious era for the restored United Kingdom.

*sniff* God save our gracious King (and his noble American friends)!

Wonderful job. Great to see all those events for the returning UK in an AAR, and nice job turning the UK back to pink rather than that questionable orange. I also noticed India - did you rename and reflag Delhi?

Can't wait to see what the New Europe looks like... and how long it will last ;)

That last update was awesome.:D

And now, the calm before the storm, after, of course, various other nations reappear, France et al. I wonder if the French Nationalists will cause problems if the US doesn't give "their" land back to them. :)

He has already stated earlier that he will give their land back, at least that is what I think I read. Tensions over the French lands held by Germany will likely be used as the pretense for The Mitteleuropa-Entente War.