• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Well, seems very unanimous for Japan, but I have another, third option: An MDS 1.6 AAR as the United Kingdom. I forgot to mention this idea in my original post, but I think it could be fun as well. The main goal of a British AAR would basically be to rebuild the British Empire, and would involve probably having to invade and puppet countries like Canada, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, as well as total annexation of lots of countries, including the powerful nuclear armed rival states of India and Pakistan. However, Britain is much weaker than Japan, and politically would be hard to justify going on a crusade to rebuild the empire.

I guess I will go with Japan, but I would also love to hear some other suggestions that people have. Are there any other ideas for an MDS AAR?

MDS-KR Canada sounds awesome to me (due to my membership in Paradox MDS-KR lobby ;)), but resurgent Japan could be also interesting choice. To prevent too unplausible approach, Japan could start to execute her imperial ambitions in shadow of just cause (defending democracy in Asia against North Korea and eventually Shanghai Pact) and then turning against USA. MDS-KR AAR demands really a lot of work (modding, making your own 1936-2003 timeline and then modern scenario...) and Japanese semi-realistic MDS AAR is better choice if you don't have a lot of time and energy.

However, I also like the third option. If you don't mind, I'd like to propose my idea about UK AAR. Such scenario would demand some changes, but not as much as MDS-KR scenario. Here is the idea: British Empire managed to prevent total disintegration after the WW2 (all goes historical until 1945) and still exists in 2003. Of course old imperial system was reformed and replaced by system of dominions. Most of colonies, mandates and protectorates are no more (overseas territories like Gibraltar etc. stay). This means that UK is later equal force to USA and not a minor brother. NATO is very strong this way, but it's enemies are also very strong. There were not schizms in Communist bloc and massive Warsaw Pact dominates great part of the globe. Cold war between NATO (USA, British Empire, West Europe, other allies) and Warsaw Pact (USSR and satellites, Yugoslavia, China...) is still present. Even worse, there's a possibility that hot war will break out some day. What do you think? This way, very unplausible violent restoration of British Empire wouldn't be neccessary, but British Empire would be still around. Altough you would have Indian Empire for ally (dominion), Chinese would be in the North and Soviets would be in Afghanistan, so it wouldn't be very easy to defeat the enemies.

That is an interesting scenario, but I'm sticking my guns on Japan.

Simply for the sheer reason that I prefer the Japanese Air Force over the RAF, despite the fact that the Typhoon is my second favorite fighter on the continent, (behind the Saab Gripen)

I'll say Japan; but you HAVE to explain how the Japanese will be able to keep its economy going when it is SOOO dependent on foreign trade.

Japan, but use your modding skills to make it uber-interesting. Not everyone can or has the time/patience to edit like you do (I assume you do since you offered to do an MDS-KR AAR) so give us something we can't see in a vanilla MDS 1.6 game.

Japan, but use your modding skills to make it uber-interesting. Not everyone can or has the time/patience to edit like you do (I assume you do since you offered to do an MDS-KR AAR) so give us something we can't see in a vanilla MDS 1.6 game.

I agree, and it will be more fun with some plausible events
(e.g. Possible Chinese intervention into Taiwan or North Korea go nuts?)
Anyway, hope you'll make a excellent Japan AAR!

Holy Christ, this is amazing.

and I'm not even Christian. :D

This AAR is what got me to buy Darkest Hour. Thank you Kaiser_Mobius for introducing me to this wonderful game.