• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
cuban victory at santa clara...
i heard of this before...:D

Well I am back from Christmas vacation, so it is time to get this AAR rolling again. BTW, thank you all for your continued comments!

South Africa decides to rebuild its historical ties to the Entente, joining into a full military alliance with the Canadians/British Exiles.
saandtheentente.png

At around the same time, the Georgian syndicalists decide to fully join the internationale led by the French.
georgiaandfrance.png

The Federal government authorizes a massive increase in the US army, with the raising of many new infantry divisions, garrisons for the pacific islands, and a new HQ division.
armyexpansion1940.png

After the intervention in Cuba, it was only a matter of time before the US expanded its long diminished influence throughout the rest of Latin America. Mexico, whose military government turned a blind eye to foreign weapons shipments bound to US separatists, and whose territory is a hotbed of Syndicalist activity, is the next to feel the wrath of the United States military. In order to keep the homeland secure, Mexico must be dealt with. US soldiers begin to cross the border on April 11th, 1940, starting the 2nd US-Mexican war.
usmexicanwar1940.png

Thousands of US troops immediately hit the first lines of Mexican defenses, successfully breaching Mexican lines and pushing further south.
crossingintomexico.png

The battle also rages in the skies, as US and Mexican fighters battle for aerial supremacy. The better trained and equipped USAAF easily smashes the Fuerza Aérea Mexicana's antiquated interceptor formations, forcing the Mexicans to retreat.
mexicanairforce.png

The advance moves quickly along the Mexican gulf coast, helped along by the battleships of the US navy. Here, US troops move on Puebla from both the north, and from the gulf thanks to navy transports. Mexican forces, despite having rather sizeable numbers and fighting in good defensive terrain are quickly overwhelmed, and retreat both to the south and west.
battleofpuebla.png

Mexican army units are falling back in nearly all sectors of the front, allowing US forces to advance unconditionally. Also note the US army landings in Villahermosa, en route to securing all of Chiapas.
advancecontinues.png

More German immigrants move to the United Baltic Duchy. The whole region is more and more beginning to look like a part of Germany itself rather than an independent state. (plus I didn't have much else of interest to take screenshots of. :p )
germanimmigrants.png

About 40,000 Mexican troops surrender en masse to US forces in Baja California, the first large surrender of Mexican forces so far in this war.
bajasecured.png

Take Nuevo Leon, the gold/precious materials regions, the Yucatan, and any regions with oil, leaving Mexico as a rump on the Pacific Coast. Then, own the Centroamerican Syndies and extend the glorious USA down on the the canal, leaving it as the strongest nation in the Western Hemisphere. In South America, influence the Brazilians away from Syndicalism and get them as your ally; they are much more resource-rich than La Plata and should be a better ally. Not to mention, if defeated, the Portuguese language is in danger on two continents.

The four remaining provinces of Puppet Mexico should be Mexico City, the two provinces below it on the Pacific, and the state to the left of it. Then, expel the Mexicans; you don't want the new Mexico totally devoid of manpower in 20 years due to illegal and/or legal immigration of Mexicans, so you might as well give them at least a fighting chance.

Nice progress in Mexico, but please don't annex any province.
A puppet would be more than enough.

Annex for a while, until the syndicalist threat is neutralized.

@Hannibal X: I am afraid that Brazil is a lost cause. The Brazilian state is under the total control of Brazilian syndicalists and trade unions, and is moving closer and closer to the French and their allies by every passing day.

@everyone: In answer to what will be done with the latin american states that are conquered, they will all remain under US military occupation temporarily. After a while, they will be released as democratic, US allies, that will fight side by side with the United States for the cause of freedom.

The Fuerza Aérea Mexicana does battle with the USAAF in the skies over Mexico City itself. Superior US pilots and aircraft easily best the FAM's obsolete aircraft, leaving many FAM interceptors littering the streets of Mexico City as burning wrecks.
airbattleovermexcity.png

Mexican resistance is stiffening as US forces move towards the capital and the surrounding areas. Here, at Leon, 90,000 heavily armed Mexican troops that are entrenched in the mountains are cleared out by 160,000 US soldiers.
battleofleonmexico.png

A US attack aimed at enveloping Mexico city to the south is thrown back by Mexican forces. The advance in this area will have to wait until more US troops can be brought into the region.
defeatinacapulco.png

The Mexican army has fallen back to their last strongholds in the south-central portion of the country. Fortified in the mountains and in the streets of Mexico City, the Mexican army is now ready to make its final stand.
mexicanholdouts.png

A quick glance at the state of the German - Japanese pacific war at this time. Not much has really changed, with the Japanese completely unable to force the German army out of Indochina, and vice versa. Also note that I have boosted the Japanese somewhat, giving them about 80 extra offmap IC. (should make for an interesting future war.....)
boostedjapan.png

Mexican forces abandon Mexico City after 220,000 US troops attack the city from all sides. The Mexican army now retreats to its final strongholds in the mountains to the south.
battleofmexicocity.png

US forces now begin to clear out the last Mexican strongholds near the southern coast. At Acapulco, 80,000 Mexican soldiers are defeated by US troops, forcing them to fall back to the northwest.
battleofacapulco.png

Whats left of the Mexican army makes its final stand at Guadalajara, facing off against a superior US army force of about 270,000 troops. After about a full day of battle, the Mexican military leaders in the city call for a ceasefire, and the next day, almost 220,000 Mexican troops march out of the area as Prisoners of War.
finalstandofmexico.png

Mexico's Military Junta surrenders unconditionally to the United States government. With this surrender, the United States' southern border is almost completely secure, and North America is one step closer to being completely quarantined from possible Syndicalist influence.
mexicansurrender.png

The US government decides that now is the time to begin a massive expansion of the US navy. Although the current US fleet is great for defeating the smaller navies of 2nd or 3rd world countries, against the navies of the major world powers, it is woefully inadequate. This massive naval expansion will ensure that the United States will be able to project its influence far into both the Atlantic and Pacific oceans.
navalexpansion.png

173130448162530990e8.jpg

aircraftcarriers.png

Onward to Centroamerica! And then maybe Honduras. Ah screw it make all of North and South America democratic. Though you don't necessarily need to overthrow the Brazilian government through war. You could always follow the historical president and make some accidents happen...

I was wonderin' where this went.

So Syndicalist Mexico falls. Good. The Red Menace inches closer to destruction.

I for one advocate for the annexation of nations now, to then be released later as puppets to be exploited for resources. That seems like something the US would do. ;)

Good job in Mexico.
Now it's time to take care of Centroamerica.

Centroamerica's part of the Internationale now isn't it? Attacking them would be a good opportunity to deliver a decisive blow to international syndicalism but it might be a good idea to wait until the Franco-German war starts. They be too busy to bother with you so you can clean up America then attack Europe at your leisure.

@The_Frozen_1: Unfortunately I am a little to late to stop them from getting French protection.

@salidas16: Hehe, accidents. Personally, I prefer to "accidently" park some US battleships outside of Rio and them "accidently" order some marines into the city. I think that will be a better way to handle the Brazilian syndicalists.

@Issac Wolfe: I dont really want to be too harsh on the poor latin americans, don't want Hugo Chavez in the future to have MORE propaganda material. :D

@Zhuge Liang: That is what I was planning to do with them actually. Best wait until the syndicalists are busy with the Germans so I can crush them without too much trouble.

@everyone else: Thank you for your continued comments!

November, 1940. The time has come for the people of the United States to go to the polls and vote in the country's Presidential elections. In complete contrast to the hotly contested 1936 election that led to the 2nd American Civil War, the 1940 elections are held in a much more stable atmosphere. With both the CSA and the AUS crushed militarily and banned by federal law, the only 2 major parties to take part are the Democratic and Republican parties. Presidential Incumbent John Nance Garner, who has become extremely popular among the people for his leadership of the country during and after the chaos of the civil war, runs for a second term, and wins the electoral college vote by a landslide.
election1940.png

With tensions still rising in Europe and all out war still raging in Asia, the federal government continues to increase the readiness of American industries for war production. Another world war has the threat of swallowing up the United States in global conflict, and the government is determined to be ready if or when the time comes.
preparingforwar3.png

The United States Army moves into positions in both Chiapas and the Yucatan, after reports arrive to the FBI and the OSS of armed bands of guerrillas trying to infiltrate southern Mexico from the Syndicalist state of Centroamerica. Clashes with these guerrillas reveal that many are armed with French, Spanish, or Italian weapons, proving that the Internationale is actively trying to influence some kind of popular uprising in occupied Mexico.
southernborderdefenses.png

January, 1941. The war in Asia expands as the German controlled AOG is brought into the war against Japan. Many view the entry of the German corporate state into the Japanese-German conflict as a last desperate attempt by the Germans to either halt Japanese expansion in Asia or reverse it entirely.
warinasiaexpansion.png

China further descends into chaos as the mysterious Shangqing Tianguo, a highly closed and religious state that seeks to create a new "kingdom of heaven", invades the warlord nation of Xibei san ma.
shangqingmawar.png

At this point I decided to up the difficulty, from normal to hard. This should make the inevitable world war rather interesting. Also note, that this will not be the only time I raise the difficulty.
difficultyhard.png

German influence grows in Europe, as Hungary, and its ally Croatia, join the Mitteleuropan alliance.
hungaryandmitteleuropa.png

Syndicalist influence grows too, this time in South America. The Brazilian syndicalists decide to throw in their lot fully behind the internationale, entering into a military alliance with the French.
brazilandfrance.png

This is followed soon by the full entry of Bolivia into the Internationale. It is clear that Syndicalism is fully entrenched in Latin America now, and will require nothing short of all out war to remove the blight of international syndicalism form the western hemisphere.
boliviaandfrance.png

The lines in Europe are now being drawn in Scandinavia, as the authoritarian government of Sweden decides to enter the Mitteleuropan alliance led by Germany, ending years of Swedish neutrality.
swedenandgermany.png

The entry of Sweden into Mitteleuropa is followed closely by the entry of Finland into the same alliance. It looks like the Germans are trying to get whatever allies they can to help prepare themselves for a final showdown with the French and their allies.
finlandandgermany.png

Mmmh interesting, the alliances are getting bigger and bigger.
It's going to be a real nice Weltkrieg, love that! :D

Well it looks as if everyone's choosing sides. I wonder what will the Russians do? Will they put aside past tensions with Germany and deal with a common threat as they did with the British and French before the First world war? And what of the US? Will it side with the Entente or chart it's own course?

I mean before all those nations joined MittelEuropa Germany was somewhat overwhelmed but now things look a bit more even. And the entry of all those South American states to the Internationale (spelling?) seems to be pointless. I mean other then some added numbers what can they offer? And this time the Germans can force their entire military against France (assuming Russia decides not to pull anything) So honestly I think the Syndies are going to lose in the long term. They've certainly angered a bit too many people, the Entente, MittelEuropa, Russia and the US.

This is getting very interesting.

Also how is the AlgOstAsien GmbH militarily? Will they be able to do anything in the Pacific war?