• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I still say modding in a Ottomon Australian peninsula as a Guantanamo bay escq place would be very funny and lead to some interesting situations.

I think the Russians are very happy to both get back all the parts of their country that broke off after the first Weltkrieg, and to get revenge on Japan for the Russo-Japanese War. Support for the Czar and the Empire will probably very high after the war.

Nucular(sic) weapons! :D
That'll make WWIII more fun, if anything.

Out of curiosity, is this war between Japan and everyone else considered the Second Weltkrieg or the Third? Because it started only after the Syndicalists were wiped from the face of Earth.

All that matters is that the Syndies have been wiped off the face of the
earth. All the rest is mere details.

My suggestion:

War against Syndicalists = WWII (fought on just about every continent with the civil war seen as the prelude)

War against Japan & Allies = The Pacific War (localized conflict in the Pacific only, likely seen as US reclaiming former position)

War against Germany = WWIII (The entire planet burns)

I really hope Kaiser can pull off a landing in South China. A united Chinese Puppet would add frightening strength to the Monarchists. I wonder if there will be another nuclear stand off... I mean is there a real ideological context to this struggle? Are the German/Russians hostile to the US? Is this a struggle over monarchy vs republic? Or just an open contest for power?

I also wonder if some war weariness isn't creeping into the population. Sooner or later they would want to call it a decade and turn back to peace.

@Onni_Manni: The second Weltkrieg would be the war with the syndicalist powers, because it took place in not only all of Europe, but also a large amount of Africa and Latin America, as well as in the Atlantic Ocean. This war is a separate pacific war, since it is relatively localized to Asia and the pacific ocean.

@Zhuge Liang: Correct. I have also modified the AI to build the required delivery systems, such as strategic bombers. (Germany by this point has a large and highly advanced Strategic bomber fleet, the Russian's don't yet, but they should soon) I am not sure if they will build and use ICBM's though, perhaps I could make them use those too.

@Midge: I am not so sure about that. Australia is VERY far from the Ottoman Empire's sphere of influence in the middle east. Plus, they only got there because of that AI unlimited transport range thing. Add to that, the fact that it would be very unpractical to try and defend that peninsula, which is surrounded by American and Allied territory and forces.

@salidas16: Definitely. Dmitri Romanov and his backers have turned Russia from a failing state into a global superpower, the largest state on earth with by far the largest army in the world. Then again, the Russian people almost have no choice but to follow him. I consider Russia to be the most dictatorial of the Mitteleuropan powers, since they are essentially an absolutist monarchy, while Germany is much more moderate.

@frigidmagi: Well I can't really consider the coming global balance to be purely between monarchs and republics, since two of my allies, Britain and Spain, are themselves monarchies, albeit constitutional ones. However, i consider the coming competition to be purely a struggle for power. Mitteleuropa will most likely try to find some way to gain an advantage, a way that could easily lead to war......

@everyone else: thanks for your comments!

General Stillwell marches his army from the north onto the last major Australasian stronghold still in ANZAC hands on the Australian continent: the city of Perth, the same place where 60,000 US soldiers were forced to surrender during the initial invasion. Low on ammunition, manpower, and morale, the ANZAC's very quickly surrender, finally realizing that their cause, helping Japan dominate the pacific rim, is pointless to continue fighting for.
2ndperth.png

Then, a development of monumental importance. Japans main carrier fleet, which consists of all of Japan's remaining aircraft carriers, is found by the US airforce sheltering in the port of Singapore. American bombers pound Singapore into dust in an attempt to destroy as many Japanese ships as possible, succeeding in sinking at least 2 carriers in the port before the Japanese fleet runs into the ocean.
bombingofsingapore.png

Realizing that the Japanese fleet is trying to make it back to Japan, the US navy runs to intercept. Admiral Halsey takes command of Admiral Kinkaid's carriers, merging them into his own fleet for an armada of 12 American carriers. Halsey pursues the Japanese, intercepting them near the coast of China.
northspratlysea.png

The Japanese fleet, taking substantial damage, turns and runs to the north, hoping to take shelter in Hong Kong or Guangzhou. Halsey chases the damaged Japanese carriers, throwing his Jet powered Carrier air groups at the Japanese fleet. American jets swoop in for the kill, devastating the Japanese warships with bomb, torpedo, and rocket attacks.
shipessex9.jpg

Finally, the dust settles, and the full extent of the damage is made clear. Three Japanese cruisers, and a total of Seven Japanese Carriers have been destroyed by the United States Navy. This is a crushing victory.
ijnannihilated.png

The Imperial Japanese Navy, once considered to be almost invincible, has been finally destroyed as a fighting force. Japan no longer has any carriers left with which to face the United States navy. Now, the United States and its allies have free reign over the waters of the Pacific ocean, opening up the way to not only mainland Asia but Japan itself.
shipamagi12.jpg

The remnants of the Japanese fleet are easily dealt with by American battleships, which can now sail all over the Pacific without fear of enemy carrier or air attacks. After a series of skirmishes, these Japanese ships are sent under, ending any threat to American sea lanes of communication or supply.
ijnremnants.png

America's allies have also begun to take advantage of the IJN's destruction. Spanish forces land along the coast of Vietnam, taking Da Nang before being later wiped out by Japanese forces.
spanishdanang.png

June 2nd, 1949. Mongolia, one of Japan's most fearsome allies finally surrenders to Russian forces. Warlord Ungern von Sternberg, the so called "bloody baron", is captured by Russian troops, and later executed somewhere in Siberia.
mongolsurrender.png

Meanwhile, Spanish forces retake the island base of Ulithi. The government of Australasia, which had been hiding on the island of Tasmania, finally comes forward and accepts the unconditional surrender of the Australasian Confederation to the United States. Plans are immediately drawn up for the reconstitution of both Australia and New Zealand as independent states once the war with Japan is over.
anzacsurrender.png

Wow it's clearly the beginning of the end for Japan.

Excellent turnaround, it's good to see the IJN finally crushed as a fighting force. With this and the surrender of the Australasian Confederation it's clear that Japan can't win the war, even if they can be counted on to fight fanatically to the bitter end.

You might want to land in China as soon as posible and establish a republic of China (I think that is a nation that can be liberated). I mean, you dont want those peskey Russians to have complete dominance on the continent.

I think it might be a better idea gameplay wise if he landed in Singapore and Southeast Asia and fought his way north. It also assures he will not be attacked in the south. It also opens up the plan to trap Japanese forces. He could land in the south, draw th Japanese south and then close the trap by taking the two Northern most Vietnamese provinces, trapping the Japanese in Vietnam. Of course, this only works if you knock Siam out of the war, so you should focus on doing that first if you want to use this strategy. Also, do not forget, that he is intending to eventually declare war on Mitteleuropa, so the stronger Germany and Russia get, the more difficult and interesting that war will be.

Japan doesen't stand a chance against Allies now.

Wonderful AAR. This is the third I've read from you. Great work so far.

Well, he better have landings in China ready, if only to prevent the Russians from building their own Chinese bloc and giving you even more of a headache. :p

You might want to land in China as soon as posible and establish a republic of China (I think that is a nation that can be liberated). I mean, you dont want those peskey Russians to have complete dominance on the continent.

From other remarks he has made throughout this thread, I suspect he'll let Russia have most of China so he has a harder fight when the showdown with
Mittleeuropa comes.