Thread: In defense of Freedom, a USA Kaiserreich AAR

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneMagickaVictoria 2500k club

Canada!
    Lumberjack commandos all the way!
    "When in doubt, C4!" - Jamie Hyneman
    "Life is a worthless game, but the graphics are awesome."

My AARs are stored in My Inkwell

Japan, oh god yes, Japan. The capriciousness of KR gets old at some point. I'm more than eager to see how you're gonna circumvent the current japanese constitution to build a proper army.
    History of the Modern Red Army - Soviet Union Total War AAR
    Military only style AAR, detailing the battles of the Red Army
    Currently at Update 44 - 13.03.11.

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of Darkness500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

The Free and Independent State of Alabama
    Japan.

Less work for you to do and less stress...or more, if China, Russia and North Korea have anything to say about it.
    Political Test
    Ideology: Social Democrat

Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis: Chronicles
    Divine WindFor The GloryHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Rome GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

Japan ftw!

Darkest HourHearts of Iron III

Well, seems very unanimous for Japan, but I have another, third option: An MDS 1.6 AAR as the United Kingdom. I forgot to mention this idea in my original post, but I think it could be fun as well. The main goal of a British AAR would basically be to rebuild the British Empire, and would involve probably having to invade and puppet countries like Canada, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, as well as total annexation of lots of countries, including the powerful nuclear armed rival states of India and Pakistan. However, Britain is much weaker than Japan, and politically would be hard to justify going on a crusade to rebuild the empire.

I guess I will go with Japan, but I would also love to hear some other suggestions that people have. Are there any other ideas for an MDS AAR?
    In Defense of Freedom, A US Kaiserreich AAR Complete. Awarded Weekly AAR showcase, March 15th, 2010
    Rebirth of the Japanese Empire, A Japan MDS 1.6 AAR Complete, Awarded Weekly AAR showcase, February 5th, 2012
    The Return of The King: A Canadian KaiserReich DH AAR Complete, Awarded Darkest HeAARt Award, April 2014
    The Dual Monarchy at War A 1914 Austria-Hungary DH AAR Complete, Awarded Weekly AAR showcase, March 9th, 2014
    Awarded WritAAR of the week: February 14th, 2010

Nostalgia Bombs Researcher Asalto's Avatar
    Darkest HourHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourSupreme Ruler: Cold War500k club

Cinnabar Island Military Research Facility
    MDS-KR Canada sounds awesome to me (due to my membership in Paradox MDS-KR lobby ), but resurgent Japan could be also interesting choice. To prevent too unplausible approach, Japan could start to execute her imperial ambitions in shadow of just cause (defending democracy in Asia against North Korea and eventually Shanghai Pact) and then turning against USA. MDS-KR AAR demands really a lot of work (modding, making your own 1936-2003 timeline and then modern scenario...) and Japanese semi-realistic MDS AAR is better choice if you don't have a lot of time and energy.

However, I also like the third option. If you don't mind, I'd like to propose my idea about UK AAR. Such scenario would demand some changes, but not as much as MDS-KR scenario. Here is the idea: British Empire managed to prevent total disintegration after the WW2 (all goes historical until 1945) and still exists in 2003. Of course old imperial system was reformed and replaced by system of dominions. Most of colonies, mandates and protectorates are no more (overseas territories like Gibraltar etc. stay). This means that UK is later equal force to USA and not a minor brother. NATO is very strong this way, but it's enemies are also very strong. There were not schizms in Communist bloc and massive Warsaw Pact dominates great part of the globe. Cold war between NATO (USA, British Empire, West Europe, other allies) and Warsaw Pact (USSR and satellites, Yugoslavia, China...) is still present. Even worse, there's a possibility that hot war will break out some day. What do you think? This way, very unplausible violent restoration of British Empire wouldn't be neccessary, but British Empire would be still around. Altough you would have Indian Empire for ally (dominion), Chinese would be in the North and Soviets would be in Afghanistan, so it wouldn't be very easy to defeat the enemies.
    Officer of the Royal and Imperial Order of the Sacred Pizza (awarded by Kurt Steiner)
    Weekly AAR Showcase Winner 29-3-2009 / 12-2-2012 / 2-3-2014; Fan of the Week 15-12-2013
    Heirs of Weltkrieg - Kaiserreich in 21st Century / It's a Long Way to Paris: National France in 21st Century
    Sweet Home Manitoba - KR Canada in Modern Day / Wrangel's Empire
    ''Nothing is true, everything is permitted'' - Alamut

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDiplomacyEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Victoria 2Europa Universalis IV

I vote for Britain, let's see if anything can stop the Glorious Nippon juggernaught.

That third option sounds very, very interesting.

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of Darkness500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

The Free and Independent State of Alabama
    That is an interesting scenario, but I'm sticking my guns on Japan.

Simply for the sheer reason that I prefer the Japanese Air Force over the RAF, despite the fact that the Typhoon is my second favorite fighter on the continent, (behind the Saab Gripen)
    Political Test
    Ideology: Social Democrat

El Presidente of Tropico & etc Ivir Baggins's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteHeir to the ThroneMagicka
    500k club

Still Japan.
    "Moab is my washpot, and over Edom shall I cast out my shoe." - Psalm 108:9

I have a YouTube channel!

Still gotta side with the Japs.
    "Anything written in quotation marks followed by a well-known name always sounds profound" ~ Thatguy.

Japan, for the glory of the Emperor!

Yup, Japan's still the way to go.
    History of the Modern Red Army - Soviet Union Total War AAR
    Military only style AAR, detailing the battles of the Red Army
    Currently at Update 44 - 13.03.11.

200k club

I'll say Japan; but you HAVE to explain how the Japanese will be able to keep its economy going when it is SOOO dependent on foreign trade.
    AAR Commentator and Werewolf Whackjob

"Getting paid for reading is the best way to make a living."

The best bit in that game is this PM from OY to his packmates:

OrangeYoshi: ... I'll also put in a preliminary hunt order to Hunt Oky's replacement. (THE_SPLIT if I'm not mistaken). He publicly asked for a sub, and that is slightly more common in Lite if you have some sort of important role.

This is OY putting in a hunt order on Oky's replacement, who is none other than OY.

EU3 CompleteHeir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2Rome: Vae Victis

Japan, but use your modding skills to make it uber-interesting. Not everyone can or has the time/patience to edit like you do (I assume you do since you offered to do an MDS-KR AAR) so give us something we can't see in a vanilla MDS 1.6 game.

Second Lieutenant

Quote Originally Posted by spackalicious View Post
    Japan, but use your modding skills to make it uber-interesting. Not everyone can or has the time/patience to edit like you do (I assume you do since you offered to do an MDS-KR AAR) so give us something we can't see in a vanilla MDS 1.6 game.
    I agree, and it will be more fun with some plausible events
    (e.g. Possible Chinese intervention into Taiwan or North Korea go nuts?)
    Anyway, hope you'll make a excellent Japan AAR!

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDarkest HourHearts of Iron IIISemper FiVictoria 2

Blog Entries
    Holy Christ, this is amazing.

and I'm not even Christian.
    Obessively following Nathan Madien's excellent AAR: The Presidents: Vietnam War Edition and check out my own AAR: The American Experience 1912-1964

Unapologetic, Arrogant, Unserious, Uncultured, Warmongering, Pyromaniac American Patriot. (As in I can take a joke about my country as long as you can take a joke or to about yours.) But seriously, I love the whole world, so don't take offense at my occasional bits of exaggerated jingoism, I'm really actually pretty open-minded.

-.-. --.- -.. / -- --. -.--

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest Hour500k club

This AAR is what got me to buy Darkest Hour. Thank you Kaiser_Mobius for introducing me to this wonderful game.
    "If ever there was a holy war, it was that which saved our liberties and gave us independence." - Thomas Jefferson

GENERATION 38: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

a great read...but i couldn't see most of the pictures, so i had no clue what was going on most of the time x.x
    Last edited by Mathew01; 06-03-2014 at 22:33.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 79 of 79 FirstFirst ... 4 29 54 69 77 78 79