• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I have a question about the advisor system though: Will random advisors still be born in your provinses or is the only way to get advisors to use cultural tradition now? I think It would be a bit sad if it only relied on tradition like with generals, as it kinda rules out the odd chance of some geniues being born...

Advisors will still be born as before.

The coolest Dev Diary this far!

Well done the observation of 'this far'... I've been thinking the same of almost each DD :) Though I still keep a place in my heart for the first one (different war types)... I think it'd be a real revolution.

Talking about this DD, two points: trade rights look amazing, and the cultural strenghtening looks a step (well, a run in fact) in the correct way for EUIII.

(i.e. not throwing tantrums or reloading when things turn sour.)

Serious or joke? I sometimes play in short increments, would hate to lose cultural tradition for save and reload later (but losing something for quit and reload might be an interesting concept if you could pull it off).

Interesting, I would guess that cultural tradition either stops accruing when you are at war, or when you raise war taxes.

In case it went unnoticed... here are my observations regarding the crowns.

Most countries capitals have both crowns. In image one Portugal has only the current capital crown and not the broader/new crown. Particularly interesting is image three, it shows most countries with capital provinces containing both crowns, however Munster has one province with the old crown and another with the new.

EDIT: The Hansa and Wurzburg appear to have the same thing going on.

There is a similarity between this new crown and the icon used for legitimacy.

Last edited:
I'm sorry I'm not following but what would that signify? :D

and Burgundy is now a member of the HRE, while Holstein is not.
Pommerania is now green and Modena is now a starting nation.

I noticed the both crowns also, but they don't make sence. As one of the danish crowns is in Fyn. Also norway's second crown in in Eidsiva. those are wasteland provinces.

Last edited:
Could it be the elusive "National Focus"? :)

EDIT: Check out Ratibor's population growth! Seems to support my theory. :p

Last edited:
Knowing this might be too late and not knowing specifically how you plan to do this, I would still like to offer my two cents on the advisor/culture issue. Traditions should be a bit more static or at least slower to revert based on a variety of factors. For example, England should have have a naval tradition that is automatically better than France's based on geography (a country with a lot of fishermen should be more likely to produce a great admiral or a naval advisor). The slider settings should have a similar impact. This appears to be an improvement but I am not sure it captures all of the dynamics as wells as it probably could.

Cheerleader_2.gif
Hey Johan you're so fine you're so fine you blow my mind! Hey Johan!
Cheerleader_2.gif

Last edited:
This is the 1st dev diary since #1, which piques my interest.