• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
ended up in a war against Venice, Genoa, Tuscany, Morea, the Knights and Byzantine Empire:

CIoxey4.png

Who could've guessed?

I remember one game a few years ago where the Byzantine Empire managed to reach the 16th century because they were controlling a province in continental Europe, while the ottomans controlled Constantinople. Since the turks didn't control 100% and the byzantines didn't make peace with whoever they were fighting, they weren't annexed.

apparently in the latest beta you can't resist the turks' proposal for peace if they control Constantinople (at least in vanilla). I had several other provinces I had recently annexed, including Cyprus they had never conquered, yet some sort of automatic peace occurred and I lost one province to the Ottomans :mad:

paradox, explain pls

Most probably it was due to an event. That can happen ocasionally, especially in AGCEEP. I'm not sure in vanilla though.

Or maybe your government fell. Did you have many rebels in your territory controlling your provinces?

No events like that in vanilla.

Hm, isn't it impossible to refuse a peace agreement if an enemy controls your capital and you're below a certain stability level? Or does that only apply to the AI?

If that's not it, your government probably fell.

Do you have a save from just before the peace settlement? The closer, the better. A save soon after the settlement would also do in a pinch.

If so, please open a thread in the bug forum and I'll investigate.

Alright here's some oddities from my Milan-Italy game

The Glorious Empire of Tibet
(oddly enough they dont control all of their core provinces having lost 2 to China)
empire of tibet.jpg

England's totally fallen apart, the Royalists got massive amount of land from war and defections, and were then annexed by Spain, Ireland gained its independence and teamed up with Spain to invade England, the whole island then turned into an infinite rebel machine for both of em though
fractured brittian.jpg

And finally Christian Japan and Southern Ming controlling Ezoichii (China took it in the early 1600's and it was never taken, its actually why they havent been annexed yet)
jebusjapanandsoutmingezoiichi.jpg

That creeped me out when I first saw it.

Imagine a united South America, so much gold...

Edit: In the Japanese case, the fact they have manufactories in all their provinces is just as weird.

Haha, guys, imagine OPM in this province. 77$ per month - technologies will most likely skyrocket, aye? On the other hand inflation must be horrific in such golden country :D

I will check it later - I'll create OPM there, liberate it and see how its economy looks like. Witnessing it might be priceless ;)

Peace in our time... Only lasted for a few more months.

cS2gkRx.jpg

Armenia formed, with just one right religion and culture province. I think this needs to changed.

YwxptCe.jpg

Crusader against crusader! (That's the Order of St. John)

6Fsftfh.jpg

Yet again Florence outside of Italy, and an interesting Iberia
efCkI2H.jpg

Perm in Kazan, Sweden in Novgorod, and Mega Ryazan! Didn't form Russia though...

Ay0kL6Z.jpg

The most curious thing, however, was that during a Portugal game Bulgaria (still Orthodox) declared independence from the Ottomans with all its cores. When I got a bit bored of exploring and colonizing, I decided to start up as them from the date they appeared.

s2oblpc.jpg

Quite an awesome game, certainly. First I conquered the Byzantines, who were allied to the Order, at the beginning I only wanted to take Constantinople, but a failed invasion by the Knights and the fact I inherited the Roman fleet allowed me to take Rhodes as well. These 2 fleets formed one of the largest ones in the Mediterranean, which made it possible for me to stop the first of the expectable Catholic coalitions (Aragon and Naples).
At the time the evil Kebabs were taking a beating from Karaman (!), losing Ankara, but entering an alliance with them and Candar right after the war ended (!!)
Such a great chance could not be missed, so I swoop in for an easy victory, leaving the Ottomans as a OPM and Candar as my vassal.

I'm currently the leader of an Orthodox alliance, and have a nice 8/4/7 monarch, so I can pretty much do anything I want now. My only real enemy is a pact of Morea (now having 4 provinces!) and Venice.

o48oHDa.jpg

I have the save file from when it seceded if anyone wants it.

Last edited:
That's a lot of weird stuff Nein. Certainly, there is a lot of madness going on around recently. Dunno why. I have some more stuff too:

vLW8dyL.jpg

Catholic Military Order, Orthodox Principality and Sunni Horde together. Poor Kazan :(

EStbObq.jpg

Hungary:"Hey Catholics, let's declare crusade against Turks!"
Catholic World: "No!"

And now the best one. It just happened like a second ago.

Zheng He. He's alive...

KOS66s6.png

Guess I'll make that Zheng He's colony's AAR one day. It haunts me.

EDIT:

I've checked China and oh my lord.

kotdQgc.png

T5s9Llv.png

Daamn. Well, there's event concerning Chinese navy in 1430s. Maybe they decided to keep it (which costs a lot - money, stab, rr) and sailed East. Hell damn, that's cool ;)

And now I've noticed that huge Dai Viet. Omg this is going so wrong xD

Last edited: