• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Subscribes!! :D

It depends what year it is. In half of the XIV Century Poland was an union of:
- Poland
- Lithuania
- Hungary
- Czech
and there was one King on the trones of all mentioned above.
Poland also had under their influence many other nations many of which were vassals like Moldavia etc. (Teutons were also already defeated). It all ended soon after Polish King died in 1444 in the Battle of Warna where Turkish forces had beaten the alliance armies.

Battle of Várna, we were beating the crap out of the Turks but Ulászló (Wladislav) got too confident and charged the Ottoman positions and got beheaded so the army disintegrated and had to flee.
bleedingeyes.gif

- Poland
- Lithuania
- Hungary
- Czech
Poland also had under their influence many other nations many of which were vassals like Moldavia etc. (Teutons were also already defeated). It all ended soon after Polish King died in 1444 in the Battle of Warna where Turkish forces had beaten the alliance armies.

It was in the later part of the 15th century when the annexations occured. Both Bohemia and Hungary shared a monarch at that time (Vladislav II, IIRC), whose father was the King of Poland and Grand Duke of Lithuania.

Thankfully, however, Poland decided to 'look to the west' when Lublin occurred so Lithuania is independent... must be part of the new FtG event triggers. :D

I'm doomed....

omg.jpg

The AI is good at sieging multiple provinces now... ;)

Are you alliance leader? Maybe you'll get bailed out.. Your capital is still okay. Take a loan and offer a couple of hundred ducats now and you'll have some time to save yourself.

The AI is good at sieging multiple provinces now... ;)

Are you alliance leader? Maybe you'll get bailed out.. Your capital is still okay. Take a loan and offer a couple of hundred ducats now and you'll have some time to save yourself.

That could work. Will try that. :) But I ain't the leader? Will that make any difference?

That could work. Will try that. :) But I ain't the leader? Will that make any difference?

Lithuania is alliance leader then? That could actually be good for you.

Sometimes if you aren't the leader, you could get your butt saved by your alliance leader. If Lithuania pays off their alliance leader, peace comes for everybody and you get off free and easy. ;)

You could still negotiate a separate peace if you aren't alliance leader. I wouldn't risk waiting on Lithuania if your capital looks like it will fall. Or else you risk being forced into a very damaging peace.

Bah! I had to pay them 50 ducats and give them Bujak.

Poland is becoming blobish in my game. It has already annexed two German states :p

- Poland
- Lithuania
- Hungary
- Czech
Not exactly. One dynasty, yes. One king, never. Poland and Lithuania were ruled by the same person from 1447 onwards (most of the time, anyway, with short breaks in the beginning of the 16th century). Hungary and Bohemia were ruled by Vladislav of the Jagiellon dynasty, who was the son of Kazimierz IV King of Poland and Grand Duke of Lithuania.

Nvm, just subscribing :D

I just saw Byzantium become vassals of Tuscany. :rofl:

You know? ... whatever source I find a new approach I recognize...
Damn - wheres the real history? :p\
Every book and source says something sometimes completely different.
:rolleyes:
so... what truely happened?

Vladislav III
- born in 1424
- 1434 king of Poland
- husites found him king of Czech in 1938
- 1440 king of Hungary after the death of Albrecht II Habsburg
also formally Grand Duke of Lithuania in years 1434-1444 (although Sigismund Kęstutaitis is officially recognized as one till 1440)
he won with Turks and in 1 VIII 1444 a 10 years of cease fire was signed but the Papacy convinced him (if thats the right word) to breake it and he died in Warna 10 XI 1444

Last edited:
You know? ... whatever source I find a new approach I recognize...
Damn - wheres the real history? :p\
Every book and source says something sometimes completely different.
:rolleyes:
so... what truely happened?
I'm pretty sure I've told the real story; I'm a Pole after all, and I am a medieval history freak, and 15th century is one of the periods I know best ;). If you want some more info on that, Wikipedia can be your friend, they're pretty accurate. Other sources I could quote are unfortunately in Polish :p.