• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
21nfyfs.png

good choice for name of the city...

I like that a lot.

I am not sure if this or something similar has been reported in this thread. Playing as England with AGCEEP mod.

When I finally make it ot the New World in the 1570's I discover that the Russians have beat me to it. There are Russian cities in Manhattan, Delaware, Chesapeake and Powhattan. In the Carribbean, Russia has cities on Antigua and Guadalope. In South America, Russia has cities in Parnaiba, Diamentina and Niteroi. Russian trading posts were Cartagena, Maracaibo, Tiracambu, the Province on the corner, Pernambue and Salvador.

I am not sure if this or something similar has been reported in this thread. Playing as England with AGCEEP mod.

When I finally make it ot the New World in the 1570's I discover that the Russians have beat me to it. There are Russian cities in Manhattan, Delaware, Chesapeake and Powhattan. In the Carribbean, Russia has cities on Antigua and Guadalope. In South America, Russia has cities in Parnaiba, Diamentina and Niteroi. Russian trading posts were Cartagena, Maracaibo, Tiracambu, the Province on the corner, Pernambue and Salvador.

:rofl::rofl::rofl: Sorry but I am trying to imagine that in real life. The English, sailing to the new world, happy views of trade and prosperity... what the HELL! NOOOO!

Stuff like this is being looked at, I assure you.

Sgt Bash : yeah, this happened to me too. what happened in my game is that Russia got an explorer around 1550 (i think) and sent it west , then started to colonize pretty heavily.

In my game their explorer went a bit more south, so they did not know about north America. But roughly the same thing happened.

Hmmm, I haven't seen that happen yet. Sounds interesting.

I am pleased that issues such as this are being looked at. As Tom has pointed out: there we were sailing blissfully onto the New World only to discover that the Russians were already there; drinking vodka and eating borscht.

The problem for the Russians was that they were too far from home to be able to support their colonies. I just waited until they had formed a bad alliance (no French or Spanish) and DOW'd with my alliance (Sweden and Holland).

England ended up with all of the North American colonies, Antigua, Cartagena and Parnaiba. Holland received Guadalope for her efforts.

Result of a bug for Spanish and Portuguese ToT provinces that will be fixed in the first patch.

I also noticed that Portugal and Spain don't colonize America. Spain doesn't even annex the Mayans and Incas. So far I've played two games and in both this happened. Is this related to that bug too?

As Tom has pointed out: there we were sailing blissfully onto the New World only to discover that the Russians were already there; drinking vodka and eating borscht.

You are having a very wrong impressions about Russians. Decent Russians don't use alchohol in any form and they are quite religious and hardworking. It's a shame that such impressions do exist. Don't judge a nation because of it's bad represantatives. If it was a joke, then it was really bad one. If our ancestors only drank vodka, they had never created such a huge state.

The problem for the Russians was that they were too far from home to be able to support their colonies.

This is the real problem, but a chances of Russians to establish a colonies in New world were pretty good. Have you ever heard about Fort Ross in state Washington and about Alaska. But I agree this must be fixed a little bit. Russian colonies in Florida and in Mexico looks ridiculous.

You are having a very wrong impressions about Russians. Decent Russians don't use alchohol in any form and they are quite religious and hardworking. It's a shame that such impressions do exist. Don't judge a nation because of it's bad represantatives. If it was a joke, then it was really bad one. If our ancestors only drank vodka, they had never created such a huge state.
Don't worry, French only eat frogs and snails... ;)

This is the real problem, but a chances of Russians to establish a colonies in New world were pretty good. Have you ever heard about Fort Ross in state Washington and about Alaska. But I agree this must be fixed a little bit. Russian colonies in Florida and in Mexico looks ridiculous.
Should not happen with the first patch that is under tests and AI Russia has a chance to colonize Alaska and even North West Coast of America.

This is certainly an oddity, and I would wager a bug:

buggl.jpg

This is my second Japanese-style event as England in about ten years. The first was some sort of 'warring between the daimyo' event, but I brushed it aside as a one-off.

I have changed NIP's tag to JAP, but I've changed all corresponding tag references (the game wouldn't load without doing so anyway) and I have no idea why that would mean ENG gets their events. :confused:

Has this been reported?

Please do not take offense as I was only joking. Had I found the Scots sitting in Manhattan, I would have used drinking whisky and eating haggis :D. My son worked in Moscow for two years and by visiting him I had the opportunity to see that the majority of population are indeed hard working and industrious.

My parents live in San Francisco and so I am familiar with the Russian colonial heritage in the north western United States including Alaska...Russian River and Sebastopol, California for example. However, I agree with you, that finding Russian colonies in the eastern part of North America or Brazil is ahistoric.

This is certainly an oddity, and I would wager a bug

They are random events meant for Japan. I'd suggest when you retagged Japan to JAP you did not edit the random events and since it cannot find the NIP nation it ignores that condition and fires the event for the human player.

They are random events meant for Japan. I'd suggest when you retagged Japan to JAP you did not edit the random events and since it cannot find the NIP nation it ignores that condition and fires the event for the human player.

Yup. I'd wager thats the case.

Aye.

The Great Royal Hunt event is what I had in mind when I made the -4 target (which targets a random country which hasn't already been picked).