+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Rising Nations — Help and Bug Reports

EU3 CompleteFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIISemper Fi

Ok, I could give it a shot. I took a look at colonial uprising events in In Nomine and think I gonna give it a try for Greenland. If that works I could help you out with it for all overseas areas.
    I understand it is a lot of work with all other aspects of the game which need to be taken care of to.

A Game of DwarvesCrusader Kings IIDungeonlandEuropa Universalis 3EU3 Complete
    Divine WindHeir to the ThroneImpireEuropa Universalis III: In NomineKing Arthur II
    Leviathan: WarshipsEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionSengokuStarvoidMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Hi there, ive started a game as the Ottomans and ive found a slightly annoying bug, to use the decision "make constantinople capital" i need to control some provinces and the sea zone "The channel" that is between England and France... wich is kinda hard to do . Any ideas on how to solve that on my own? or should i just wait for anther version of RN?

//Grimrog
    Grimrog, the blob thats known to keep a grudge...

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria 2

I too had an interesting time with colonising as GB early game. Thankfully I only got as far as Greenland (and no other nation has gone colonial yet) before I noticed the insane distances I was being provided with.

Thus the game is not beyond redemption, I can continue playing! Just as well, I own half of France and it took me a lot to get it!

European Confederal President Convictolitavis's Avatar
    Europa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by Grimrog View Post
    Hi there, ive started a game as the Ottomans and ive found a slightly annoying bug, to use the decision "make constantinople capital" i need to control some provinces and the sea zone "The channel" that is between England and France... wich is kinda hard to do . Any ideas on how to solve that on my own? or should i just wait for anther version of RN?

//Grimrog
    Sorry to kept you waiting. Put the attached file into your decisions folder.
    Attached Files

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne

No one colonising?

Hello,

In my current GBR game, I am the only one colonising the new world, the year is 1538. Portugal and Castille both have QftNW and via tag changing I know they have discovered unsettled provinces within their colonial range. Castille even has a mission calling for colonisation of S.America.

Are they hardcoded to not attempt any colonisation before a certain date or is there something wrong here? You'd think I'd enjoy uncontested access to the New World but I like the competition!

Post Rising Nations — Help

I played it on my old PC and it worker fine, but now i cant install it. When i transfer the Win.rar to the mod folder, every transfer is an error and when its done "transfering" none of the files go into the folder? whats wrong? ive done it twice, maybe third times a charm?

Europa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by Poach View Post
    Hello,

In my current GBR game, I am the only one colonising the new world, the year is 1538. Portugal and Castille both have QftNW and via tag changing I know they have discovered unsettled provinces within their colonial range. Castille even has a mission calling for colonisation of S.America.

Are they hardcoded to not attempt any colonisation before a certain date or is there something wrong here? You'd think I'd enjoy uncontested access to the New World but I like the competition!
    I guess you have switched on the instant annexation, which makes it possible to annex a province like a pagan one. Unfortunately it has the hard-coded side effect, that the AI does not colonise. So I recommend to switch instant annexation off before the world is colonised. But for modern times instant annexation is more historical in my eyes. How to switch it on and off you can read in the "optional" folder of the RN mod.

I plan to write a FAQ to prevent those often asked questions.

I did not know instant annexation blocked colonisation! Thank you for informing me.

Europa Universalis IV

Post Rising Nations — Help

Help Section — The Rising Nations

Technical Problems:

I have problems to unpack the rar-file, in which the RN mod is compressed. I run Windows Vista.
    A: Try to unpack the rar-file at your desktop and to move the unpacked files after it to the mod folder. Vista often makes trouble by unpacking in sub-folders like those of Paradox, because of stupid security reasons. Often it thinks that you are no administrator.

I don't like the new map graphics. And they slow my computer too much. I want the standard ones back.
    A: Go to the folder "gfx" of the RN mod. Delete the "FX" folder in it. Then go to the "map" folder and delete the "terrain" folder in it. Go now to "RN - OPTIONAL STUFF" and its sub-folder "3 - OLD MAP GRAPHICS". Copy the new FX and terrain folder in it to their correct places.

I have updated my game to 4.1b. This mod is made for 4.0 . Is that a problem?
    There should be major bugs if you play with 4.1b. It will not be possible.

My game is freezing when I load saved games. What can I do?
    Read a possible solution here.

Gameplay Problems:

Q: In my current game, no AI country is colonising.
    A: A side effect of instant annexation. Switch it off and they will colonise. I recommend to switch it on, when the world is colonised completely. This effect is unmeant but hard-coded. This and how to switch instant annexation on and off is written in the info file "INFO - How to..." in the folder "RN - OPTIONAL STUFF".

Q: For some provinces the game says they have a very high distance and so my colonists and units take very long time to get to them. Other provinces have technically that high distance, although they are next to my core provinces, that I can't colonise them.
    A: For the last new mod version the provinces had been edited. Sometimes the game creates chaos at the distances of the game. The solution is to go to the RN mod folder -> map -> cache and then to delete all files in it. By the next start of the mod, the game creates them new automatically with correct distances. If the problem still exists, do it additionally to the cache folder of the original game.

Q: During the game I recognised that some countries have no colonial uprising event like Mexico. Why?
    A: The modders had no time to create them. Please recognise that there are a lot of new countries and most of them need those uprising events. We try to add more in the future versions.

Mod Content:

Does the mod correct and extend medieval history?
    A: The main focus of the mod lies at the modern era (after NA). But there are still some innovations for the earlier ages if we look at the German provinces and countries for example. Future versions will also include new stuff and corrections for that era.

International Organisations and Alliances: the European Union

International Organisations and Alliances: the Warsaw Pact

Mod Developing:

Q: Why are there two mods - WWM and RN - that both extend the history after NA? Why didn't they join each other already?
    A: RN had been developed by me since NA was released by Paradox. After IN I had to redo some things. So RN got releases after Paradox had presented its today's three game parts. At that time the RN mod and WWM were technically different. To bring them onto a common ground would have been very hard. But then the developers of both mods additionally recognised, that they also had different ideas for their mods. So both stayed independent. WWM for example decided not to go far than World War I, because the role of airoplanes and other modern technologies would be too big to make a historic balancing possible. A second problem is the including of organisations like the UN, NATO or EU. I decided with the RN mod to try a semi-historical approach to what is technically possible. The rest is just gaming fun, putting aside the fact that EUIII was never a real historic-plausible simulation. It stays just a game.

Q: When will the next mod version get released?
    A: The next version gets released, when enough new stuff has been added. The more people are working on the mod, the earlier a new version gets released. Actually SplitSide and me are the only modders and we are both people whose real life takes much time. So there is no definite release date.

Q: How can I support the mod, without becoming a steady modder?

A: Just posting dynasties for countries that actually have none is very helpful. Also creating colonial uprising events for the numerous new countries would be great. Or just reporting bugs in the Bug Report thread or to utter a specific wish for the next mod versions in the Wish List helps us.

Q: Which languages does the mod support?
    A: German and English. - The languages of my skill. Everyone is welcomed to add other languages to the localisation files.

Other:

Q: How can I share my mod experiences with others?
    A: You could show others your incredible empires by posting and discussing it in the thread "Post your RN empire!". You could write an AAR (After Action Report) with for example one of the new countries, RN provides. Or you could play with others in a multiplayer game.
    Last edited by silktrader; 02-06-2013 at 23:44.

EU3 CompleteHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Semper FiRome: Vae Victis

Where to edit the religious decisions?

I just want to know where i can edit the religious decision for my own pleasure, great mod though!

There is just something that annoys me, the borders arent so smooth?

Europa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by Ketd View Post
    I just want to know where i can edit the religious decision for my own pleasure, great mod though!

There is just something that annoys me, the borders arent so smooth?
    It is "religiousconversion.txt" in the decisions folder.

The borders in my game are quite smooth. Don't know what you mean. But you can bring back the old map style by following the steps in the folder "OPTIONAL STUFF".

EU3 CompleteHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Semper FiRome: Vae Victis

Quote Originally Posted by Convictolitavis View Post
    It is "religiousconversion.txt" in the decisions folder.

The borders in my game are quite smooth. Don't know what you mean. But you can bring back the old map style by following the steps in the folder "OPTIONAL STUFF".
    Okay thank you!

Private
    EU3 Complete

Quote Originally Posted by Convictolitavis View Post
    Sorry to kept you waiting. Put the attached file into your decisions folder.
    just wat I needed! Many thx!

Btw: I find playing as ottoman Empire much much more difficult then it is in regular IN... All European mid- and superpowers keep DOWing me...

Quote Originally Posted by Grimrog View Post

//Grimrog
    I had a similar problem as Castille, where I needed to conquer the North African territories of Tangiers, Oujda and the Kattegat . Turns out the coordinates for Tlemcen (I think, its been awhile since I fixed it) were out of sync. Instead of fixing the mission text I fixed the coordinates.

EDIT: Found it again - the mission Continue the Reconquista has a misnumbered province in the text. Here's a portion where I've changed the position tag of 1751 (which is actually the Kattegat) with the correct 1948 for Ceuta except for one instance. This is really an EU III bug and not a RN bug, but it should be easily fixed in your next version:
    continue_reconquista = {
    type = country

allow = {
    OR = {
    tag = CAS
    tag = SPA
    }

religion = catholic
    war = no

#no muslims in spain.
    NOT = {
    iberian_peninsula = {
    owner = { religion_group = muslim }
    }
    }
    226 = { owned_by = THIS } #We must own Gibraltar.
    334 = { owner = { not = { religion_group = christian } } } #Tangiers
    335 = { owner = { not = { religion_group = christian } } } #Melilla
    1948 = { owner = { not = { religion_group = christian } } } #Ceuta
    }
    abort = {
    335 = { owner = { religion_group = christian } } #Melilla
    334 = { owner = { religion_group = christian } } #Tangiers
    1948 = { owner = { religion_group = christian } } #Ceuta
    or = {
    335 = { not = { owned_by = this } } #Melilla
    334 = { not = { owned_by = this } } #Tangiers
    1751 = { not = { owned_by = this } } #Ceuta
    }
    }
    success = {
    334 = { owned_by = THIS } #Tangiers
    335 = { owned_by = THIS } #Melilla
    1948 = { owned_by = THIS } #Ceuta
    Last edited by dux batavia; 25-11-2009 at 03:30.

Private
    EU3 Complete

found some more "bugs" while playing as Ottoman Empire.

In the 1500s I keep getting the mission to "Rule the seas". It just keeps coming back over and over. Since I already rule the seas it pops up every day... After a time or 10 another mission popups. As soon as I complete it, the rule the seas pops up again... It's nice to have 100 prestige and 100 naval tradition, but a bit annoying...

2nd: There is no decision to form a Turkish nation from the Ottoman Empire?

Europa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by wesze View Post
    found some more "bugs" while playing as Ottoman Empire.

In the 1500s I keep getting the mission to "Rule the seas". It just keeps coming back over and over. Since I already rule the seas it pops up every day... After a time or 10 another mission popups. As soon as I complete it, the rule the seas pops up again... It's nice to have 100 prestige and 100 naval tradition, but a bit annoying...

2nd: There is no decision to form a Turkish nation from the Ottoman Empire?
    1. The rule_the_seas mission is part of the standard game ("construction.txt"), not of the mod. But it should be a bug. I'll see if I can fix it for the mod.

2. Yes. Until now. But of course, there should be one.
    Last edited by Convictolitavis; 22-11-2009 at 16:33.

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III Collection
    HOI3: Their Finest HourEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Naval distances

After playing as Brandeburg for a good 100 or so years (starting in 1417), I noticed that Japan had a bunch of colonies in west Africa. After looking around some more, I found that some European countries had colonies as far away as Australia but none in Africa or South America. It was at this point that I noticed all the naval distances seemed to be completely random. Something like 1200~ for one seazone and 120~ for the zone next to it. All over the world as far as what was revealed to me.

I'd heard about this sort of thing happening before and the solution was to wipe the map cache. I did so out of the main EU3/mod/Rising Nations folder but it still is a problem when I get into my game. There didn't even seem to be a folder for Rising Nations in the Virtual Store folder. Do I also need to wipe the map cache from the main EU3 directory? This seems irrelevant. Or will wiping the map cache only affect new games?

It's phenomenal mod so far. This is the only major issue I've run up against. Please help!!!

Its a simple problem that happens to everyone. Go into your mod folder then go to Map. You should see a folder that says cache, delete it. When you start up EUIII again it will take 2-5 minutes to recalculate distances.

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III Collection
    HOI3: Their Finest HourEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Well, I went and wiped all the cache folders. Even went so far as to delete all mods and redownload them. Then decided to download patch 3.2. Big mistake. The game crashes and soon as try to go to the map to select a country to play. Blerg.

Europa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by Etherite82 View Post
    Do I also need to wipe the map cache from the main EU3 directory?
    Do it. With both at the same time. If the problem then still exists, I have no idea what's going wrong.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast