• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Vaximillian

UNKNOWN STRING WANTED
30 Badges
May 17, 2008
  • 500k Club
  • 200k Club
  • Deus Vult
  • Have you ever dreamt to have your own country?
  • Have you ever been bored of Earth's WWII?
  • Have you ever wanted to play HoI2 on a very new map?

If you've answered "yes" for more than one question, then this mod is certainly for you!

Vaximillian and Co. proudly present

CW_logo.png

Cifrasia Wars! Mod for HoI2DDArm

No more GB and Germany! Nohria, Gaurillea and the Holy Maximian Empire are our choice!

Features:

• Lead one of around 30 nations through 3 decades... or change allegiance during the party;
  • Try to avoid the Second Cifrasian War... or maybe let it burn!
  • Release breakaway nations as you conquer your enemies... or just get the whole prize;
  • Learn the new world of Cifrasia... or learn it!:)
Current version of the mod is: v0.3 (sort of playable alpha)
Can be downloaded here (114,2 MB).

Enjoy and say thanks:)

signature.png

Last edited:
Version and Credits

Current version: v0.3 (17 June 2010)
Full changelog can be found here.

The Crew of the Mod:

Vaximillian (me) - the Mod Leader;
gianlucad - the Helping Hand;

Voluntary Assistants:

JHRINDO - the Various Concept and Province Names Giver;
Bolshevik - the Forum Creator and Upload Helper;
Gukan - the Map Adviser;
Timur the Great - the Province Names Giver;

Hax - the Various Crazy Things Proposer №1;
Dutchemperor - the Various Crazy Things Proposer №2;

Some More Credits:
Jamie550 - for his MapUtility (of course!:) that's what I use for the map!)
Horton and Co. - the GIP team - for some pieces of gfx used;
Prinz Wilhelm and Semper Victor - for using their Leaderpack;
the SKIF team - for using their wonderful unit icons;

hmm... if I've forgotten anybody, please tell me, and I'll edit this listing.

Last edited:
The Geographic Map

Here's the pre-war map of Cifrasia:

cifrasia_text-1.jpg

Last edited:
terrain map with rivers:

Erm, not ready yet...

<reserved>

Last edited:
The Mod will contain the following nations:

arxsm.png
Arax
buksm.png
Bukvia
gausm.png
Gaurillea
dausm.png
Arian Demia
datsm.png
Turan Demia
intsm.png
Intadore
klysm.png
Kelya
cacsm.png
Cats' China
kossm.png
Koshia
levsmo.png
Levia
leism.png
Leita
maxsm.png
Maximia
nhrsm.png
Nohria
ortsm.png
Oroth
parsm.png
Parone
svism.png
Svinia
selsm.png
Selentia
cassm.png
Canin Spain
ufrsm.png
Union of Numeral Reps.
tigsm.png
Tigria
fidsm.png
Fidea
fdrsm.png
/
firsm.png
Numeral Democratic Rep.
ecosm.png
Econ
hrnsm.png
Heren
antsm.png
Antaria
rhesmj.png
Rhetta
msrsm.png
Maximian SFSR
artsml.png
Artania - Not yet

Last edited:
Here are the storylines:

The Holy Maximian Empire (Maximia) (tag ENG)

The Empire, commonly called Maximia by the name of it's main region, Maximie Marge, is a long-lived state that was founded in the 9th century by the chief of the Amyares tribe, Amrius (born 785, reign 826-868, called the Citybuilder). He conquered the land upon the river of Amerite and founded a town named after himself (867). As the time passed, Duchy of Amrium grew and became stronger. Nevertheless, the feudal internecine wars continued until Maximian I, the first of the new Maximianii dynasty, took power in 1367. He managed to subdue the rebel lords and to forge a unite kingdom with it's capital in new-built (1414) city of Maxburg, which remained capital till 1524. Maximian ruled for 59 years, till 1426, and was awarded the 'Magnificient' title. Maximians' successors, Maximians II (the Strong) and III were able to save and multiply the wealth and glory of the kingdom, and the new capital - Maximianium (named after Maximian I) was established 1524. The next step in the history of Maximia was connected with the name of the King Podehurius IV (born 1506, reign 1552-1539 (as a king) 1539-1597 (as an Emperor)) who finally managed to subdue the rebel landlords of Mouggalia and henceforth to be awarded an Emperor title. Since that time The Holy Maximian Empire begins it's crusade. The Imperial path was not often darkened by failures except in the Great Cifrasian War which lasted in 1916-1922. The Empire eventually lost the war, which greatly affected the international prestige of the nation and caused dethronement of the Emperor Albret I. In 2005, the Empire is ruled by an aging Emperor Auritius IV (born 1933, reign since 1993, Mertunovieveviche dynasty) and his Prime Minister Ilyon Pelyo. It is rumoured that the Emperor is not so far from death and the whole nation should already prepare to swear allegiance to his nephew Vaximillian. Meanwhile, the international situation is becoming more tense with the secession of the NDR and separatists uprisings in Gaurillea. How will the Emperor prevent the growing danger of Imperial destruction? Only time will tell.

Union of the Numerals' Republics (UNR) (tag SOV)

It is difficult to tell when the Cifria (literally 'land of numerals') firstly emerged on the world map. Be it 197, when the first Numerals' settlements were mentioned in the chronicles, or 997, when Lucius Crocale founded the Duchy of Daethers (not far from modern Cifiere) which sooner became dominant in the northeast Cifrasia, or 1548, when the Numeral Kingdom (Cifrijskoe Korolevstvo) was proclaimed by Therenese II, or 1876, when the king was dethroned and the federal state was established. The modern Union has it's roots from the latter date. The first Union Constitution (adopted 18 December 1877) proclaimed that the Union would consist of autonomous semi-independent states, so-called Decimal Republics (to stress that the Union is a state of digits). Firstly there were 6 DRs, then 8 (1943 Constitution), then 11 (1978) and finally 13 (1995). The Union was neither a loose confederation nor a centralized state. The autonomy of the republics was considerable, they even were able to leave the Union (under certain circumstances). This 'sacred right' (as it was written in the 1943 Constitution) was firstly used in 2005, when the Sextapel Republic proclaimed leaving the Union and establishing the independent Numerals' Democratic Republic. The Union authorities could do nothing but to recognise the secession, but sooner after that, a new Constitution was adopted. The rights of the Republics were significantly reduced, and the right to secession limited. However, the Union had never abandoned it's claims on the NDR and is still considering it a legal part of the Union. Although not the whole nation approved the governmental actions, in general the current situation in the Union is relatively stable.

Others come soon:)

Last edited:
Could you, please, post a template you used for these shields?

That's Birger from the Easy Flag Maker, and cropped DMP-style. I'll post the cropping later, maybe tomorrow (Aug 10).

Last edited:
What is this. Looks quite interesting.

Cool! Can I help?

gianlucad said:
Cool! Can I help?
Davisx3m said:
What is this. Looks quite interesting.
TeutonburgerW said:
May I ask how far you're in progress and if there's an estimated ETA?

Cifrasia is a world thought out by me some time ago, and this mod would (should) make the player be able to play as the nations of this thought-out world.

The problem is that the shape of Cifrasia is much different than the Earth's is, and so the modmakers should make a new map representing Cifrasia and it's countries' borders.

About the progress I've achieved:
- I've almost done with the gfx part (need pics however)
- ministers 'n' leaders are not a problem too, 'cause the world is fully thought-out, ant nobody and nothing prevents us to think out some dozens of names:)
- same for models and tech teams.

What has not been made yet:
- map (!) <-- but I've got an idea how the map should look like, see maps above
- events
- ... something else that I can't remember now, maybe prettier gfx?

Everyone who is interesting can help in any way he/she wants:) I'll accept every aid and assistance!

Some screenies of my gfx will come soon, probably tomorrow (Aug 10).

P.S. what does ETA mean?

Last edited:
How many provinces are there in this new map aproximatelly?
It looks like most of the war will happen in the north due to more provinces...

I am good at making events and conding, but I am not good at making GFX, map alterations (a full map change in this case :p) and AI.

EDIT: Do you have a name for all provinces?

How many provinces are there in this new map aproximatelly?
It looks like most of the war will happen in the north due to more provinces...

I am good at making events and conding, but I am not good at making GFX, map alterations (a full map change in this case :p) and AI.

EDIT: Do you have a name for all provinces?

appx. 1200-1300 provs, including ca. 150 sea provinces, about the province density in the north - not actually right, will probably remake. There're too many provinces I wanted to have there:)

I'm getting aquainted of Jamie's Map Utility at the moment, and will hopefully know how to operate with it:)

About the names: only about 1/3, must think of others;)