• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Lack of French air migth was indeed suprising... Beforehand, I thougth we migth just end up stalemate while French planes would have prevented Asians to land and allowing all french land power against Prussia.

Lack of French air migth was indeed suprising... Beforehand, I thougth we migth just end up stalemate while French planes would have prevented Asians to land and allowing all french land power against Prussia.

Alas, my micromanaging skillz simply were not up to the task.

Thats the suck part in MP gangbangs 1 vs 9 or something....

Until peace is finalized I don't want any statistics.. But after that, I am quite curius about unit losses...also MP, but that is often more difficult.
Also, invading is not easy in HOI2..something like minimum 2inf-arty + one gar/mil on every beach, with a sacrificial mil behinf the beach in the same region (for sucking away airstrikes from the beach..) should hold casual invasions away..More needed against serius attempts.

Indonesia will post on behalf of all 3 Alliances about the future of Europe and France. In process of creating a map, will likely post full details tomorrow.

Needless to say Europe will be drastically different post war.

If Spain and Italy are released, I would like to be on the list to take over one of them or the other.

If Spain and Italy are released, I would like to be on the list to take over one of them or the other.

As the terms currently look, it would almost be better for me to quit France and start playing as Italy...

If that were the case, I would be pleased to take up the reins of La France.

If that were the case, I would be pleased to take up the reins of La France.

Hell no! I said almost! The title of Enigmatic Ruler of France (that's the official title since it was changed in 1853 during the Time of Strange Manners) is staying with me!

Code:
[CENTER][SIZE="5"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Daily Liberty[/FONT][/SIZE][/CENTER]
[I]April 12., 1942. No. 107.
[/I]
[SIZE="3"][CENTER][B]War is over[/B][/CENTER][/SIZE]

That's right folks. Yesterday France have surrendered unconditionally to the
 allied supreme command ending this bloody struggle. But no, milk and bread
 will still be rationed, because of subversive elements in our society. Also War
 Ministry have announced that war bound trading will be stopped, new peace
 bounds will be released today - a must have for a true patriot !
[RIGHT][URL=http://img190.imageshack.us/i/screensave17.png/][IMG]http://img190.imageshack.us/img190/9797/screensave17.png[/IMG][/URL][/RIGHT]

[URL=http://img685.imageshack.us/i/burmasoldier.jpg/][IMG]http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/9569/burmasoldier.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
 Exclusively for "Daily Liberty" War Ministry have granted rights to interview
 people allowing you to share experience with our brave soldiers overseas.
 Here we Have Hideo Hamada, nicknamed silent Hideo by his fellow troopers.
 He participated in last offensive of war as a part of 3 mechanized regiment,
 named liberators, crossing whole France in one week and taking French
 capital.

Q. Soldier, what do you felt, when you shot French soldiers ?
A. Recoil.
Q. Thank you. That's all for today.

Real update will be posted later.

France completely gone?

well as a hegemon that keeps all of europe in fear yeas
But the idea is not to destroy france nor to make it as a nation that cannot defend himself from his neighbours.

The France after the peace would still be larger than Finland.

When the war turned
April 1941 - April 1942

Oceania was at war with the Allies and the Axis. Quebec held the Canaries, Kap Verde, and the Azores. France held the British Isles (save Southampton), Iceland, Greenland and Newfoundland. Finland held Scandinavia and Georgia held Southampton. France had a large army on Newfoundland and was repeatedly fighting with the Norwegian army in Sept-Iles, while the continuously expanding airbase held bombers and fighters making life miserable for Oceanian forces planning to invade Newfoundland. French air superiority made serious naval actions virtually impossible. Italian interceptors started manning new Norwegian airbases in the areas surrounding Newfoundland to counter the French air presence. New Italian submarines started raiding the convoys to Newfoundland.

Then at one point, France staged an invasion of Brazil. An army of several divisions (exact numbers unknown) landed in Fortaleza on the northern coast of Brazil. The Italian navy was gathered in the Caribbean and then sent to cut them off, but was beaten by a numerically superior French naval force in the waters outside of Fortaleza. The battle resulted in no losses of French vessels, but the sinking of several Italian ones including 6 submarines and several cruisers: a humiliating result. With this first phase of Italian defenses failing, preparations were made to have the army throw the French back into the sea.

At this point the war changed character completely. EastAsia declared war on the Allies, the Axis made peace with Oceania for Scandinavia and proceded to declare war on the Allies, and Quebec betrayed the Allies and switched sides. This ment the restoration of the Atlantic islands to USIA. From this point on, the remaining Allies, France and Germany, was fighting a defensive battle. Quebec invaded Spain, later supported by USIA and Norway. Indonesia landed in southern Italy and made its way up the peninsula, Japan landed on the northern Mediterranean coast. Meanwhile the Axis tied up close to 200 French divisions on the eastern front.

01landinginspain.jpg

Immediately preparations where being made in USIA to support Quebec in the Spanish campaign. The armies remaining in Norwegian America where gathered and ferried over to the Azores in preparation for invasion. In December 1941, an Italian army of 20 or so divisions landed in Sevilla, beating back a French attack on the Quebec-held province. After stocking upp on supplies and reorganizing the troops, the army proceeded to invade Huelva province in late January 1942. Despite outnumbering the French 10-1 and the presence of tank divisions, poor leadership ment the battle lasted several days before the French were forced to retreat. The Italians pushed on to Evora, leaving some divisions in Huelva. After seizing Evora, the encircled French in Faro were attacked and forced to surrender. Meanwhile, 4 divisions landed in Oviedo to the north without meeting any resistance, and quickly moved on to their prime target: the airbase in La Coruna. The southern army pushed north and together with the Quebecois seized the rest of western Iberia. By late March, Spain had fallen!

02spainliberated.jpg

The troops where then sent eastwards towards the Pyreneean front to support the Quebecois offensive into France proper. Meanwhile a fresh army arriving in the Azores from America was preparing to stage an amphibious assault on the Norwegian Isles. Before the plan was put into action, however, France surrendered.

Now negotiations will determine the future of Europe, before the outbreak of peace.

03endgameatlantic.jpg

Session end situation in the Atlantic. France still holding Newfoundland, Greenland however fallen to Norway.

04endgameeurope.jpg

Session end Europe.

I like how you are all scared shitless of France, and I can understand why some of you fight against France, but to be honest I would be more scared of Indonesia and Japan. After they swallowed most of China they now posses waste amounts of men and IC - much more than what France had at its disposal.

EastAsia
Indonesia 380/288
Japan 346/288

Allies
France 443/369
Germany 118/87

To that IC difference you could add a China that is a force ally of EastAsia and the HUGE amount of manpower that those countries have. France was a problem in Europe and to the American powers because of its aggressive moves. But if I were the Axis, then EastAsia would scare me way more than France, WAY more!

I like how you are all scared shitless of France, and I can understand why some of you fight against France, but to be honest I would be more scared of Indonesia and Japan. After they swallowed most of China they now posses waste amounts of men and IC - much more than what France had at its disposal.

EastAsia
Indonesia 380/288
Japan 346/288

Allies
France 443/369
Germany 118/87

To that IC difference you could add a China that is a force ally of EastAsia and the HUGE amount of manpower that those countries have. France was a problem in Europe and to the American powers because of its aggressive moves. But if I were the Axis, then EastAsia would scare me way more than France, WAY more!

Aww come on, how can anyone be scared of us, we look so friendly!
propagandajapb.jpg

EastAsia
Indonesia 380/288
Japan 346/288

Allies
France 443/369
Germany 118/87

No no no... You see, I had more IC than any single nation (mostly due to my efforts in Victoria). Alliances don't count because, well, they don't, or something. The fact that I had only 63 IC more than Indonesia, less land, much smaller fleet, worse sliders, less manpower, and several more flanks is irrelevant.

Simple, alliances fall apart all the time, you, on the other hand have to have Multiple Personality Disorder to fall apart.

No no no... You see, I had more IC than any single nation (mostly due to my efforts in Victoria). Alliances don't count because, well, they don't, or something. The fact that I had only 63 IC more than Indonesia, less land, much smaller fleet, worse sliders, less manpower, and several more flanks is irrelevant.
I recall things went down hill after you allied the Axis, Creating a mega alliance...

...very big land army and HUGE airforce n_n

there were never alliance of France+Axis, as there newer where alliance China+Axis...
Mutual enemies in war tend to need co operation, but like Foelsgaard said, IC of only single nation counts.

This said by an axis member, whose alliance has last 700 years:rolleyes: