• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Surely Japan/Russia/Quebec could not withstand such a formidable alliance? That does not exactly sound like the top tier. France/Germany would easily have Russia in hand, it would seem, overrunning Quebec's european lands in the bargain, while Norway/Italy could hammer away at Japan?

Incorrect. One country is missing from your equation. Shanxi. Shanxi is currently chasing the Norwegian cardboard-mockup-tanks through northern Sweden.

Shanxi is currently chasing the Norwegian cardboard-mockup-tanks through northern Sweden.
You forgot to mention the chasing was done back and forth :D

Worthy of note is also the New and Improved USIA Air Forza which has won every battle with Japanese aircraft in northern Sweden. Forza Forza!

The front situation in Finland has developed not necessarily to the advantage of the Norwegian Realm, this is true.

Surely Japan/Russia/Quebec could not withstand such a formidable alliance? That does not exactly sound like the top tier. France/Germany would easily have Russia in hand, it would seem, overrunning Quebec's european lands in the bargain, while Norway/Italy could hammer away at Japan?

Fascinating turn of events- not least Malaysia's strange neutrality.

Funnily enough Russian infantry the tsaritsa Poley have done marvelous work in hold back the fascist invaders of the Russian rodina we will fight with every effort, ounce, and breath to fight their war to its final conclusion, the destruction of French fascism, German lemmingism, and Yinglingian backstabing shall all be brought to a heel!

The Germans opened the war with a thrust towards Moscow!?

Nyt!

We fight! Every rifle! Every tankovaya divizia! Everything! Slow them down!

And then disaster!?! A opened hole on the front? Moscow threatened!?

NYT!

NYT!

NYT!

The Tsaritsa Poley stood up! Stood tall! Barring steel and lead! The Germans were stopped!

Da! Da! Hail victors!

Stopped they will be and stopped they were!!

The kraut drive towards the most Sacred City of Mother Russia has been stopped! Not one step backwards! Every step forwards!

In the North our glorious Chinese allies led by the generals of the old guard brought out of retirement to defend the rodina from the enemy!

Will the enemy breach our defences made from the holy bonds of brotherhood?

Nyt!

Not only successfully held the line against Norwegian tank thrusts but COUNTER ATTACKED and pushed them deep into Sweden.

In the south things looked grim, the Franco-German combined thrust launched from the lands SOLD OUT by the treacherous Oceanians who SOLD US OUT for their own short term interests!

Comrades! Countrymen! Fight the invaders with everything we have! Fight them with everything! Da! Dyen Pobedy!

In the infamous southern fron the Franco-German assault thundered ahead striking for our Ukrainian brethens hard worked for coal and oil fields! Our grainfarms! Our manufacturing factories! And for a time it looked like that the vile fascists might succeed!

Nyt tovarish!

Nyt!

Our brave comrades, the Japanese with their mechanized armoured spearheads drove the gauntlet of pain and the anathema to tyranny into the dreaded gullet of the fascist hordes! This gauntlet, this armoured fist drove straight to the black sea where it met with braze marines and linked up with the forces of Britannia and from here we have our most honored and first sacred victory of the war!

The enemy has made a grave mistake!

Da!

The enemy by driving forward left his flanks vulnerable to Japanese counter attack, with such a counter attack the French and German forces have been trapped as much by their arrogance as by our tanks! In Zaproshedy, in Tsarino, in the Dnipr coal basin, the enemy remains trapped by our bayonetts!

Victory!

Over Forty of the enemies best divisions are on the brink of destruction!

Victory!

They have withdrawn from their positions along the river to the opening to the Kerch Peninsula.

It will still be a hard battle remaining but in the end victory will come to those who seize it!

To Our Victory Day!

Hail the Victors!

2s6q99c.png

Everything made in Inkscape by hand! You better be grateful the Kremlin was a bitch to draw.

Dano is a genius; he has time to recuperate before smashing the others, who would have still been fighting. Great strategy. Go Norway/Italy/Indonesia! Boo Russia(That's really Finland) and Brittany-Africa-Quebec! Whatever France, Germany and Japan!

Booo! Down with the Asian menace! Go Oceania and Go Europe!!

Did Foelsgaard really manage to get 40 divisions trapped against Sid?? :eek:

And where is the Norwego-Italian invasion fleet that dumps 500,000 men onto the beaches in Japan and ends the war with a single surgical strike?? :mad:

and then one day a member of the court asked Emperor Christian X, "We made war on Georgia and Finland, while Georgia was punished I feel that Finland, or 'Russia' as the PC-crowd wants us to call it, was rewarded, what is the logic behind such reasoning?"

Emperor Christian X sat motionless in his kimono. He watched as the Ginkgo-leaves slowly fell towards the ground in the courtyard, focusing and unfocusing his eyes in the distance before he replied: "There is an old saying, 'kill the chicken and make the monkey watch'. I have improved on that saying, 'kill the chicken and make the monkey eat bits and pieces of it'". While the courtier contemplated the wisdom and folly of the parable, he was once again struck by the immense weirdness of the situation. Shanxi was a Japanized part of China nominally ruled by a Danish emperor. Who had been the architect behind the construction of this bizarre vassal-state? And what twisted notions of eastern culture had made Christian X adopt the role of "Dispenser of Ancient Chinese Wisdom"? These musings were however interrupted by the sudden appearance of foreign minister Walter Nash. “The perfidious Western powers have declared war on us!”
- Then we shall fight. We will prove to the world that Norway is nothing more than a Cloth Lion, said Christian.
- Perhaps it is just a Cloth Lion, but its claws are real. In the Finnish part of Russia, formerly known as Finland, our armies will clash. They have superiority in numbers, equipment and terrain, Walter replied.
- Nevertheless we will have to meet them with the army we have, not the one we wish for. Every day of war will make us stronger and the perfidious Ynglings weaker.

The Finnish-Norwegian border saw some of the earliest action in the war. Shanxi had recently been given the status of independent nation, now the Soldiers of Shanxi fought for the glory of their own nation, not the glory of Japan. The Norwegian divisions outnumbered the Shanxi 3 to 2. They also had armored and aerial support, something the Shanxi troops lacked. What the Shanxi troops did have however was lots of artillery and competent commanders. Rumors had it that the Norwegian troops were led by General Incompetence. During the first month of the war the Norwegian troops bled to death, while crossing a river, in several fruitless assaults across the frozen mountain fortifications of northern Finland. When thaw came Shanxi counterattacked and swiftly poured across the border into Tornio and then Luleå, this attack had originally been nothing more than a ploy for time while awaiting reinforcements from home, but the Norwegian will to resist was so broken that a great encirclement of northern Norway ensued. Unfortunately a transport fleet was anchored outside the coast of Värmdö, sparing Norway of a truly humiliating defeat. The Shanxi troops in Luleå were temporarily forced to retreat back into Finland, but waiting for them across the border were fresh Shanxi reinforcements who swiftly retook Luleå. The events of these border-wars were immortalized in several nonsensical jokes popular among soldiers and children. E.g.

“A Swede, a Dane and a Latvian walk into a bar. The Bartender tells a joke and everyone breaks down lauging. A Finn comes into the bar and sees everyone cringing with laughter, ‘What is so Funny?’ he inquires. The Swede, trying to regain his composion, answers: The Bartender said ‘Fighting Norway in Finland in Winter’”

According to some scholars, around 22% of all jokes in Shanxi during this period were about fighting Norway in Finland in Winter.

I like my war-making the same way I like my Benny Hill, running back and forth to the tune of Yackety-Sax.

I was surprised to say the least that expected Yngling thrust into Finland was routed by my puppet, for this deed alone Shaanxi has earned its freedom which he got. Yngling daydreamers hoping to conquer Asia while they cant even take Finland phew.

As for this situation in short Quebec and Russia plotted with Oceania to attack Allies I was heavily against it mainly because I didnt believe that by taking out Allies will do us any good but merely free Oceanias hand to move against us.
I even negotiated defensive pact with Allies =]
But Oceania and Allies DOWed us instead, again, probably what they was planning all along, infamous Yngling diplomacy at its best.
I actually prefer it that way, leave diplomacy to Norway, I am content to sort everything out in the battlefield, what I do the best.

And I dont blame Malaysia for leaving our alliance, he asked if I`m ok with him leaving our alliance, I said yes, because lets be fair, if Oceania/Allies after surprise attack against Japan/Quebec/Shaanxi/Russia fresh out of devastating war manages to lose land !! with Dano on our side Europe would be overrun by now.
Oceania/Allies still is favourite in this war, but they will have to prove it in combat, or fall... as the only terms we have received is annexation of Rusiia and puppet Japan lol.

Did Foelsgaard really manage to get 40 divisions trapped against Sid?? :eek:

I would say I managed to get a few divisions trapped by Japanese tanks yes.