• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
As a point of interest, note that while most of Scandinavia has been handed over as an administrative measure to the Finns, the sacred mountain of Dovre, and a port giving it access to the sea, remain in Norwegian hands. The patchwork borders will be sorted out during the week; as already noted, that sue-for-peace feature is not Paradox's finest moment.

You need to post while high more often Golle.

no, only on sundays, only on sundays:cool:

As a point of interest, note that while most of Scandinavia has been handed over as an administrative measure to the Finns, the sacred mountain of Dovre, and a port giving it access to the sea, remain in Norwegian hands. The patchwork borders will be sorted out during the week; as already noted, that sue-for-peace feature is not Paradox's finest moment.

The offical finnish stand for leaving those provinces to Norway are becouse we have thougth for 700 years that Dovre is some sort of little harbour in British isles and didn't pay much attention to listening the Yngling Commision that carefully.

The alliance isen't falling apart.
Free germany was something that Only axis suported and everyone else objected, but If Carrilons plays with his ignorant and ungratefull attituted against the sole nations that actually cared to help him, I give up.

Dude, the only reason I need 'freeing' is because you betrayed me in the first place. My attitude comes from being betrayed by you twice in two successive wars. How is this ignorant? I appreciate the crumbs you are throwing me, Germany to is 1905 borders is great. But when your rhetoric doesn't match your actions and I end up getting the fuzzy end again and again while you say you are helping me, I feel the need to speak out. Sure, I gain some territory, but at the expense of the one person in this game recently who has actually shown himself to be a good sport and a decent fellow. So now I am hurting my alliance with this little expansion. I notice your 'help' for Germany doesn't involve me keeping Skane. So yeah, I am telling you that your words and actions don't match up, when they do I will be the first to thank you for helping Germany, until then I wish you wouldn't say you 'give up' as that implies you have been even trying to help in the first place.

May I point out that Germany was the only nation that stood by France in her need. A fact the french people will always be grateful for.
Nothing like a joint Alamo to gloss over centuries of enmity :D

Dude, the only reason I need 'freeing' is because you betrayed me in the first place. My attitude comes from being betrayed by you twice in two successive wars. How is this ignorant? I appreciate the crumbs you are throwing me, Germany to is 1905 borders is great. But when your rhetoric doesn't match your actions and I end up getting the fuzzy end again and again while you say you are helping me, I feel the need to speak out. Sure, I gain some territory, but at the expense of the one person in this game recently who has actually shown himself to be a good sport and a decent fellow. So now I am hurting my alliance with this little expansion. I notice your 'help' for Germany doesn't involve me keeping Skane. So yeah, I am telling you that your words and actions don't match up, when they do I will be the first to thank you for helping Germany, until then I wish you wouldn't say you 'give up' as that implies you have been even trying to help in the first place.

I'm not sure you can really blame Golle for the issue of the first "betrayal". This referring to the war involving the French invasion of Germany and the subsequent negotiations.

From the information that has been released regarding the negotiations it seems that Golle was trying to help Germany, it was the fact that Jodokus and Sid however had other interests that lead to the resulting "betrayal". The only reason people seem to blame Golle for that is because he is much more open on these forums and is the "senior" partner in the alliance. However it seems that he is getting this flack for the actions of others which is not really fair to him.

Regarding this second "betrayal", this past session, you should have seen it coming. The Alliance and Eurasia were clear enemies of each other, this was a very likely result.

It will be interesting to see how the new alliances are going to work out. The Alliance and Eastasia used to balance each other out, and were kept seperate by Oceania and Eurasia. But without The Alliance there is no single foe capable of holding off the Eastasians. This is likely to result in a 3 alliance system. For those of you who don't know what it will be like, read up on the Great Game: part IV. There's a link in KoM's sig.

You know.. I am itching to comment! - But I think I will hold the comments until we have some confirmed peacedeals on ederon....;)

Ok.. just one, and its more like a question : WERE any agreements actually broken with the last two sessions? Or was it more like ..unwritten agreements that were not upheld?

It will be interesting to see how the new alliances are going to work out. The Alliance and Eastasia used to balance each other out, and were kept seperate by Oceania and Eurasia. But without The Alliance there is no single foe capable of holding off the Eastasians. This is likely to result in a 3 alliance system. For those of you who don't know what it will be like, read up on the Great Game: part IV. There's a link in KoM's sig.

Burgundy is dead. Long live China.

You know.. I am itching to comment! - But I think I will hold the comments until we have some confirmed peacedeals on ederon....;)

Ok.. just one, and its more like a question : WERE any agreements actually broken with the last two sessions? Or was it more like ..unwritten agreements that were not upheld?

Well, when France and the Axis jointly declared war on Norway, it is not unreasonable for both parties to believe that they will make peace together. The lack of a formal treaty is irrelevant; either a nation's word is good, or it isn't. In the case of the Axis, it isn't. They are rapidly becoming Backstab Central; first China, now France. And while Norway is at peace with them, we haven't forgotten about the invasion of New England and the Second Occupation of Scandinavia. (And that's after we saved Georgian independence in the War of 1910, at that.) If everyone with reason to be annoyed at them went to war, I think the Axis would be short-lived.

Well, that seems to have worked nicely then, eh? The EastAsians stayed well away from invading the Axis. :D

All I can say on this session is well done Axis and East Asia, Golle especially. Seems you picked absolutely the perfect moment to betray France and it led to a crushing victory. Well played.

Oh, although the revolts in Scandinavia make your propaganda about everyone there welcoming Finnish army a little suspicious sounding :p

Well, when France and the Axis jointly declared war on Norway, it is not unreasonable for both parties to believe that they will make peace together. The lack of a formal treaty is irrelevant; either a nation's word is good, or it isn't. In the case of the Axis, it isn't. They are rapidly becoming Backstab Central; first China, now France. And while Norway is at peace with them, we haven't forgotten about the invasion of New England and the Second Occupation of Scandinavia. (And that's after we saved Georgian independence in the War of 1910, at that.) If everyone with reason to be annoyed at them went to war, I think the Axis would be short-lived.

Well, I will try to restate my question : Of deals confirmed on ederon, has any been broken in the HOI part of the campaign? (it seems the deals not confirmed on ederon are ..unsecure.. :D) --and wich ones?

Preliminary Peace Offer to France on Behalf of the 3 Alliances; East Asia, The Americans, and The Axis.

General Outline for Territory
europe2.jpg

• Spain to be Split between Quebec and Americas, with a small portion remaining in French Hands.
  • Italy region mostly released as SPQR; a New player slot. Some concessions to Georgia near Venice.
  • Prussia expands against Germany (note exact lines not set in stone here yet)
  • Finland gains all of Scandinavia and seizes Copenhagen from the French.
  • Germany, Regains the majority of what it lost to France in the previous wars, is released as a free state.
  • Malta to EastAsia.
  • Creation of a new central Alliance, Consisting of Quebec, SPQR and Germany (if they all so choose). This option is currently fully endorsed by all 3 sides and Quebec has agreed. To provide security East Asia will Guarantee it against its Neighbors, France or the Axis for some peroid of time. Guarantee void if they give up the role of Vanguard against the French menace.
  • French partial disarmament, giving up a portion of its army, air force and navy to SPQR, and some as compensation to various warring states.

*Reserve the right to add anything that may have slipped my mind.

All I can say on this session is well done Axis and East Asia, Golle especially. Seems you picked absolutely the perfect moment to betray France and it led to a crushing victory. Well played.

Oh, although the revolts in Scandinavia make your propaganda about everyone there welcoming Finnish army a little suspicious sounding :p

One could say that it took us to actually attack the americans to bring them down from the blue foggy mountain where they were petting otters...and to come and take part of the international issues. This however wasen't the case..

As for the rebels, they first gained land in the coast so we have strong evidence to belive that they are actually yngling led terrorist sended from across the atlantic.

As for KoM's comments, I would like to remind that it was Norway that asked us to make a seperate peace to which we agreed after a claim by KoM that France had already asken seperate peace from americans. Now had this claim any base, who cares what is done is done. Also France had this "backstab" comming after he betrayed us in the first german war. Norway in otherhand has no room to complain about any mischief as it did never acted nor varified any agreements or assumptions which would have been described as a backstab after broken.

And now what the Axis gonna do when the bad guys will come for them >.>

I tought we were the bad guys:p

Last edited:
I would like to reiterate my interest in taking the reins of the long-suffering Old World Italians, should their independence remain on the table after the French are done with the peace negotiations.

-edit- And those Italian borders are absurd! That state would be a de facto Georgian puppet, as there is no way they would be capable of defending themselves against a Georgian attack. Were I in charge of the Italian nationalist caucus at Versailles (or wherever these negotiations are underway) I would argue strenuously for limiting the Georgian gains to Venice; perhaps with some payment of resources to the Georgians as compensation.

The idea has been, intiated by the Axis that Italy and Spain would been taken out of France and realeased as a FREE nations, completely independent and open for new players. Spain was dropped out by the request of Quepec, asians and americans as a free nation but we at least still belive that Italy will be free and hopefully forming a middle block together with Germany and perhaps with Quepec. However one condition to it's indepence remains and that is that it cannot ally with france. Finland and Georgia will quarantee it's independence.