• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(142211)

Major
2 Badges
May 20, 2009
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
Hello, and welcome to The Betting Sun, the first of Paradox Forums' betting gameshow!
the rules are quite simple: I will pick a random country and make it declare war on the whole world, then load as Iceland and comfortably watch the war unfold.
then you pick a date which you think will be the closest to the annexation of the country. when the annexation date is revealed, the person who chose the closest day to the actual day will get the other player's money(The dollahz)
every player( eg, poster on the thread) receives 100 dollahz.
after the annexation of the first country, another one will be chosen, until we have a one-color world.
the first country will be germany, which will declare war on the whole world somewhere around, say, january 36:D
but first of all, i would like to thank TRP for introducing me to the possibilities of a betting AAR, and for having the idea in the first place.
LET THE GAME BEGIN!

Last edited:
Reactions:
A regular '36 Germany that somehow gets DoW'd seems to get annexed by France in the first few months, so against all of its neighbours I would say 15 May '36.

EDIT: Forgot to specify an amount ;) $35

Last edited:
New Year, New War

Hitler: Ah, seems like a regular day after the rave party we had in new year's eve.
Goering: Hey Hitler, I have good and bad news. first, as a good new, we pranked Constantin.
Hitler: Our foreign-stuff minister?
Goering: yep. you see, he never drinks. so we put some absinth in his coconut soda.
Hitler: Ha, that's cool.
Goering: then comes the bad news. he was so drunk that he called all of our 77 ambassadors and told them to declare war on the nation they were in.
Hitler: Hey that's no so ba-WAAAAGH?
ronaldobm.jpg

ronaldo2.jpg

apparently Italy's foreign minister had a fun night, too.

Last edited:
ah, moar players!:D
also, say the quantity of dollahz you will be betting.

1st October 1936

30$

Last edited:
500€ that Italy will loose in 4 months due to a French attack, and will loose Libya, Eritrea and Somalia to uk.

500€ that Italy will loose in 4 months due to a French attack, and will loose Libya, Eritrea and Somalia to uk.
wow, that's pretty needled.
we still need Amallrics', yxc's and Davisx3m's dollahz, then i will update:)

Done. 30$ (Im a bit risky here)

Ok Germany, 36, 75% dissent. I say they'll be dead by April 1st, 1936.
passed. still you have no dollahz, so we will have to take your kidney :mad:

Germany: March 15.
date passed, see the result above.

1st October 1936

30$

Folgore [NL];10357260 said:
$50 on Germany on April 15th.

passed... and you have 400 in debt :D

30 green on may 6th for Germany :D

-vincent

October 1st 30$ (Im a bit risky here)
o' right, I still need amallric and yxc, i think i will write the update, save it and when we have all our bets, post it:)

Last edited:
Rule, note that Vincent and I will play separately, so that's 100 dollahz each. ;)

10 D (dollahz) on 14 March, 1936, for Germany

Some questions:
-From the looks of that IC modifier I would bet the settings are very hard / aggressive, correct?

-What will one do when one gets out of cash?? Work it back by commenting, or perhaps even promoting your new AAR? :D

-Laurence

ronaldo3x.jpg

germany strats off well, not only defending itself but seizing parts of the netherlands and czechoslovakia.
ronaldo4x.jpg

portugal is ironically the first allied country to make any landgrab in this war. it takes an unusual choice, landing in Libya.
ronaldo5.jpg

the tide turns.
ronaldo6.jpg

italians overcome stereotyping by making cool advances in africa.
ronaldo7.jpg

but then, everything comes back to normal.(these portuguese and irish spread like the plague)
ronaldo8.jpg

and then weirdness makes a comeback. french soldiers actually attacking.
ronaldo8z.jpg

denmark is annexed.
ronaldo8c.jpg

after a long period of trench warfare in europe, the "axis" (actually germany is at war with italy) conquer ethiopia.
ronaldo8.jpg

poland finally decides to do something.
ronaldo8.jpg

BERLIN HAS FALLEN! the polish have taken it after a lightning offensive in prussia. to the south, Libya was divided between the portuguese and the british, and french have ressurected napoleon and are kicking the italians in their homeland(even though they lost 24 divisions in the battle of Venice)

15th May, 1936. 1 Dollah. :rofl:

28th May, 1936. 1 Dollah.
welcome kaiser!:D

Rule, note that Vincent and I will play separately, so that's 100 dollahz each. ;)

10 D (dollahz) on 14 March, 1936, for Germany

Some questions:
-From the looks of that IC modifier I would bet the settings are very hard / aggressive, correct?

-What will one do when one gets out of cash?? Work it back by commenting, or perhaps even promoting your new AAR? :D

-Laurence
erm... i need to work on that... maybe I'll do the following: in the Intermezzos, i will post mindblowing questions. if you give the right answer, you get 50 points.
Also, some of you might have noticed that the dates you have decided upon have already passed. your money will go to Teh Box. teh box is where i keep teh dollahz, and everything inside teh box goes to the winner.
also, you can still try new dates, if you still have any dollahz.
that's the monetary system for you!

Out of interest, is the amount you win related in any way to the amount you bet? The OP seems to be saying that the closest bet wins all of everyone else's money. If this is the case, what is the downside to betting the minimum amount every time?