• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
So far I haven't been excited. It seems to emphasize precisely the side of the game I am least interested in.

Are there to be any new features for modders? For colonizers? Improving the naval game? Managing overseas empires? Making warfare more challenging?

Why exactly was idaho, and that area around it PTI? because the Americans couldn't colonize there yet? I mean, I'm pretty sure it wasn't wasteland so it should be colonizable when you make it there.

Well, for the beginning of the game areas like the Rockies would probably have been passed over for more hospitable territory. Towards the end of the game, these places would probably be more plausible to explore and colonize. But, if it goes as said, these areas won't be able to be colonized in the late game either.

Good stuff. Great to see the port in Hamburg, and I definitely support the port in London if it is possible. And since you are righting some old inaccuracies, would it be possible to move the Castillian capital from Toledo to Valladolid? I know Castille's court was itinerant, but given the current timeframe -starting in 1399- Valladolid hosted most central institutions; Toledo was only used as de facto capital by Charles I and that was already within Spain's timeframe.

As for the wasteland provinces, maybe allowing a very limited colonisation to outpost level would make more people happy, i.e. maximum population 500, no forts allowed, no tax, impassable to armies larger than 1 regiment. Having outposts as a pre-city stage for colonies (between 500-999 pop) would also add a nice extra depth to colonisation.

Me likes.

A query to those who want London to be a port, will it upset game balance much if you can invade directly? I haven't played enough to know myself, having only played a couple of partial games while I wait for 3.2 or HttT. But I know that in other Paradox releases, eg Victoria, it would make life ridiculously easy for a human player. So what would be the effect in EU3? If that isn't a problem, it would be a nice touch.

This almost happened during the Second Anglo-Dutch War. The Raid on the Medway by the Dutch involved sailing up both the Thames and Medway to raid naval bases there, which they did successfully, destroying several major English vessels and capturing their flagship. Though it was merely a naval operation, and the war ended shortly after, it's a foreseeable (though bizarre) possibility that the Dutch might have attempted a raid on London itself. The reason they didn't was because it would've been a bad idea. But if you're France, and you've gobbled up half of Eurasia by 1667 (the date of the battle), it's not an unrealistic option at all.

I'm just hoping no Sea Province mysteriously changes its name to "South Pacific Unhallowed Cyclopean Monoliths".

Next thing you know, they'll have a Massachusetts province called "Miskatonic," or "Innsmouth."

Next thing you know, they'll have a Massachusetts province called "Miskatonic," or "Innsmouth."

Well, they call Virginia, Powhatan. (& that's pronounced POW-ha-TAN, not pow-HAT-en. Disney was wrong.)

Well, they call Virginia, Powhatan. (& that's pronounced POW-ha-TAN, not pow-HAT-en. Disney was wrong.)

Methinks you missed the reference.

-Pat