• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Love the new legitimacy concept (though the tooltip isn't that usefull if it allways lists all monarchies with legitimacy troubles considering how many they seem to be)!
The magistrates seem nice as well, the basically are a way to put a limit on administrative versatility, something to limit the use of decisions even though they are immediate.

And as was stated above it would be nice if London would also be given the Hamburg treatment ;)

Love the new legitimacy concept (though the tooltip isn't that usefull if it allways lists all monarchies with legitimacy troubles considering how many they seem to be)!

Yes, well, never mind that. Still missing some starting heirs. :p

It looks nicer and nicer :cool:.

I bet the legitimacy drops by 20% every time a new king is crowned, just like army and naval tradition, but it's a negligible bet.

Having province decisions with a major hoverhaul looks definitely a good way to go, and a new agent to pass from Stone Age to Nukes sounds good :D.

Btw, judging from the screens, it appears in 1399 Tuscany and Ragusa lost their Merchant Republic status to a monarchy (there could be more, but those are the ones I spotted); I'm interested to see how the 'trade war' between other merc rep. will be :)

It looks nicer and nicer :cool:.

I bet the legitimacy drops by 20% every time a new king is crowned, just like army and naval tradition, but it's a negligible bet.

Surely legitimacy should increase with each new King (of the same dynasty).

What is that new country in France?

Those would be the lands of John of Valois I am guessing. One would have to go with Blois province actually being Berry, but otherwise it works. He was the uncle of the king of France at game start, hopefully there will be some events dealing with the differant relatives vying for power over the French king.

Despite the weakening of France they have done, France still has provinces it shouldn't. Vermandois should be held by the Duke of Orleans and Rouergue should be held by Armagnac. The question is how much testing have they done with the new France? Is it weak enough with the new changes or should it be further weakened to reflect history more accuratly?

My other question is with this work they've done in the France area why do the still have a Valenciennes province in the totally wrong place? The city of Valenciennes is in the province of Cambrai, so what is Valenciennes province supposed to represent?

Sorry for all tha map nitpicks, I just love maps. The rest of the expansion sounds great so far.

Btw, judging from the screens, it appears in 1399 Tuscany and Ragusa lost their Merchant Republic status to a monarchy (there could be more, but those are the ones I spotted); I'm interested to see how the 'trade war' between other merc rep. will be :)

The last Diary said that the only nations starting as Merchant Republics will be Hansa, Genoa, Novgorod, and Venice.

EDIT: Question. A strategy I have for speeding up the game is to scroll over PTI while I don't have much to do. Will I still be able to speed the game up while scrolled over wasteland?

If we remove the 'wasteland' tag from a province does it turn it into a colonizable zone? Are they split up at the same province density as the rest of the map or are they huge?

It might be really cool if the wasteland tag could be removed IN GAME by event or something to represent advancing technology.

I guess you could even give the 'wasteland' tag a numerical rating from 1-100 and have it automatically become available at certain tech levels. I.E.:
At land tech level 25 you can access wasteland provinces rated below 30 at land tech 40 you could access below 60 etc.

Colonization could be slowed a bit that way by making non-coastal provinces all start with a low wasteland value which eventually gets removed by rising tech levels.

That is a very cool idea! And could really alter the colonisation game.

It seems to me that somehow Auvergne manage to have 3 provinces.

But why Poitou not part of France ? It's a own by king of france since 1271, when the former Count (Comte) of Poitou died without proper succession.

And Provence gain Maine.

What are the reason for those change ?

Someone can see if Lorraine loose Barrois ? It seems so.

Can you make London a port too? realistically, it was (they have a 10,000 ton WWII cruiser tied up near Westminster as a tourist attraction, the port could handle pre-19th Century ships with ease, just not modern supertankers and container vessels), and because London is not a port in game it becomes a very bad decision for someone playing England/Britain to put their English CoT there.

Excellent point, London was one of England's main comercial ports (if not THE main port) for a long time and long before Gloucester, Liverpool or Bristol developed. As BritNavFan says, London's docks were only recently made obsolete (last 50-60 years?) and were certainly in serious use throughout the EU3 period.

Excuse me, but could the new legitimacy and dynastic ties thing mean that we could eventually somehow influence the line of succession in other countries? And why should republics have legitimacy? (See Ragusa in one of the screenshots)

It seems to me that somehow Auvergne manage to have 3 provinces.

But why Poitou not part of France ? It's a own by king of france since 1271, when the former Count (Comte) of Poitou died without proper succession.

And Provence gain Maine.

What are the reason for those change ?

Someone can see if Lorraine loose Barrois ? It seems so.

As far as Poitou, according to link below, it was ruled as a French vassel until 1403:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Count_of_Poitiers
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John,_Duke_of_Berry

I can't find proof right now about Maine. I will search more later.