+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Heir to the Throne - Dev Diary 6

Quote Originally Posted by Fintilgin View Post
    If we remove the 'wasteland' tag from a province does it turn it into a colonizable zone? Are they split up at the same province density as the rest of the map or are they huge?

It might be really cool if the wasteland tag could be removed IN GAME by event or something to represent advancing technology.

I guess you could even give the 'wasteland' tag a numerical rating from 1-100 and have it automatically become available at certain tech levels. I.E.:
    At land tech level 25 you can access wasteland provinces rated below 30 at land tech 40 you could access below 60 etc.

Colonization could be slowed a bit that way by making non-coastal provinces all start with a low wasteland value which eventually gets removed by rising tech levels.
    Great idea! Maybe is not too late to implement it, or at least leave the door open to enable modders to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vladislav View Post
    Sheesh! They're already planning more EU3 expansions!
    And I am planning to buy them!

Weapon of Mass Obstruction antracer's Avatar
    Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonEuropa Universalis 3Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: Revolutions

Blog Entries
    Finally seeing the diplomatic/non war side of the game being brought up to a level of sophistication that merits play by itself...
    That makes for much happiness, even being the war monger I be.

And indeed, London should be a port.

Very much looking forwards to this.

T

PS: Thank You Dag Stålhandske for the explanations... They were very helpful.
    clik» :One Last HurRAAh: A Milanese Empire Interactive AAR: «clik
    Voted Favorite EU Gameplay AAR:AARland Choice AwAARds 2009 Q4:Thank You...!!!
    Game Called Due To Rain (Actually, the rain was my tears falling on the failed MB and HD...)
    ───────────
    Winning Team Member : Werewolf LXXXI : Apprentice Turned Cultist
    Winning Team Member: Werewolf LXXXII : Major of the Gestapo(seer)
    ───────────
    Warning: Poster is getting Old and Crotchety. Please take all posts with a grain of Salt Substitute...

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEast India Company CollectionEuropa Universalis 3EU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMagicka
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res Publica

Quote Originally Posted by antracer View Post
    and indeed, london should be a port.
    yes!
    "I am a dummy-file.
    I'm here to ensure that the mod directory is created.

I have done my task, yay me!"

Haftetavenscrap's Whole World Mod (best mod in teh world!)

Yea london should be a port. It was one of the largest wharfs of the world IIRC. The dutch beat the english in a war once by sailing up the thames and destroying their London wharfs. It must have been important if they lost a war because of it.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    March of the EaglesVictoria 2CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Duke of Bavaria View Post
    Looks great, but tbh i fear this whole legitimacy thing isnt what i was waiting for exactly. I thought the system should be more based on actual family trees. This looks more like its based on stability/inner politics. Hope i am wrong.
    I wanna fight and inheritance war because my ruler traces back his roots to a grand grand cousin of the died ruler of the other country.
    go play CK then

Quote Originally Posted by piff133 View Post
    As far as Poitou, according to link below, it was ruled as a French vassel until 1403:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Count_of_Poitiers
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John,_Duke_of_Berry

I can't find proof right now about Maine. I will search more later.
    Ok I see it, it was ruled by one of the Prince.

I think to down france it will be better to do some event that model the period, but maybe the new distany system and some work on interaction with vassal can do the job.

Sounds like it's going to be much easier to mod with this one. If someone wants to play without impassibles, then all they'll need is to edit a few lines(for each prov.)

Quote:
    Originally Posted by English Patriot
    Surely legitimacy should increase with each new King (of the same dynasty).
    It´s more about who´s married to who and who gets a child with whom. Most of a countries noble would have some kind of lineage connecting them with a King/Queen in history. It doesn´t even come downs to whether your married to a foreign dynasty or not, because most dynasties in Europe had claims on eachother. It was a total mess of sorting out who had the strongest claims. I´m also very interested if you can actually manipulate the inheritances and succession wars more?

+1 On port in london.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

+1 to a port for London as well.

I was pretty close to my guess for magistrates. I'm really hoping these provincial decisions will make my realm more dynamic. Right now after I conquer a province, that's it. That or I just wait for a core and then the culture converting event. If it truly makes managing the nation more interesting and it allows for more options on a small scale level, I will be quite pleased.

The removal of PTI doesn't blow my mind though. It's mostly aesthetic, so not much to say there.

Like a few others, I'm still curious about how intricate this dynasty system is going to be. I'm not hoping for CK by any means, but I do enjoy the idea of trying to set up PUs and similar situations as long term goals without having to just use "claim throne + war" to achieve it.

Quote Originally Posted by apeman32 View Post
    Game developers don't really care if things make sense.
    I hope you're being facetious

All the changes that are being introduced look great so far, I can't wait for the game to be released.

Me likes.

A query to those who want London to be a port, will it upset game balance much if you can invade directly? I haven't played enough to know myself, having only played a couple of partial games while I wait for 3.2 or HttT. But I know that in other Paradox releases, eg Victoria, it would make life ridiculously easy for a human player. So what would be the effect in EU3? If that isn't a problem, it would be a nice touch.

If you want a picture of the future, imagine an episode of Mr. Bean—forever.

Ah, this legitimacy future is absolutely great. I have to say that I am starting to like HTTT more and more... Well done. Hope that this could simulate historical role of dynasties and monarchy quite well.

Quote Originally Posted by Cityinthesea View Post
    go play CK then
    I actually do, but if a good dynasty system is incorpareted into EU III it has the potential to knock CK off the Throne as my favourite game. Man this game has gone a long way, vanilla EU III was such a sandbox hell and now with the new expansion and a port to MM it should be the best game EVER. Just give the dynasties some love and real feel.
    Read my first AAR: Wittelsbach- A CK AAR
    http://www.europa-universalis.com/fo...d.php?t=293636

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Hearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the ThroneLead and GoldVictoria: RevolutionsSword of the Stars
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

+1 for London port.

200k clubA Game of DwarvesCities in MotionCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the Americas
    Deus VultDungeonlandEast India CompanyEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneLead and Gold
    Leviathan: WarshipsThe Kings CrusadeMagickaMajesty 2Pirates of Black Cove
    Europa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuSword of the StarsSword of the Stars II
    Supreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventWarlock 2: The Exiled

As to all the former Merchant Republics, as various people have said, they seem to have become monarchies.

Is this just temporary, while you decide what kind of republics to turn them into? Or are they actually monarchies now?

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Rome Gold

Quote Originally Posted by alh_p View Post
    Excellent point, London was one of England's main comercial ports (if not THE main port) for a long time and long before Gloucester, Liverpool or Bristol developed. As BritNavFan says, London's docks were only recently made obsolete (last 50-60 years?) and were certainly in serious use throughout the EU3 period.
    Also, it isn't practical to cross from Kent to East Anglia East of London (at least not until the Dartford Tunnel was opened in 1963), so those two provinces shouldn't be connected.
    If anyone wants to use any events, decisions, etc that I post here in their mod, then feel free. All I ask is that you massage my ego by saying what you are doing with it in a reply to the thread you find it on.

"Be vewy quiet I'm hunting Wancastwians"
    - Elmer, Duke of York

I reject your fealty and substitute my own!

Divine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEU3 Collectors Edition
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Quote Originally Posted by Lambert Simnel View Post
    Also, it isn't practical to cross from Kent to East Anglia East of London (at least not until the Dartford Tunnel was opened in 1963), so those two provinces shouldn't be connected.
    Considering some straights wider than the Thames are given adjacencies it IS practical.
    Current game:

ATAGE for Divine Wind -A standalone version of Magna Mundi's Government Ranks system.

Optimum Scholarum Cogitationis -A collection starring SRI, Dei Gratia, ATAGE and much more.

Aegean Crusade -Finish what the Fourth Crusade started.

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Kiwi View Post
    Me likes.

A query to those who want London to be a port, will it upset game balance much if you can invade directly? I haven't played enough to know myself, having only played a couple of partial games while I wait for 3.2 or HttT. But I know that in other Paradox releases, eg Victoria, it would make life ridiculously easy for a human player. So what would be the effect in EU3? If that isn't a problem, it would be a nice touch.
    The only problem with beating england is beating their navy. If you can´t do that you can´t land troops anywhere in england and if you can you own them already so it wouldn´t alter game balance to their disadvantage by having coastal capital.

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneMajesty II CollectionVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRise of Prussia
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

Quote Originally Posted by Checco View Post
    Regarding the Amazon river, the problem is that there wasn't gold there, as there isn't today, so regardless the fact that eu3 is a what-if game, if you add gold where there wasn't you are not changing the course of history, you are playing on another medieval Earth.
    It was one of the axis of Portuguese settlement in the Americas, it's got to be colonizable. Any decent political map of the world of the times will show Portuguese possessions mainly in the coast of Brazil and throughout the Amazon river.
    Imperium 1.4 (Mod for Victoria II)

Austria: efficient like the Germans, musical like the Italians and refined like the French.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast