schmoemi's Marine Mod (SMM)
schmoemi's Marine Mod
This mod started as a simple extended artwork mod. I finally came out as a mod who tries to emphasize on and improve the naval aspect of HoI2 DD/ARMA.
- Review of ship classes for seafaring countries, i.e. Germany, United Kingdom, France, Italy, Japan, USA, Soviet Union, Sweden and the Netherlands (overworked models.csv). Added lots of new photos. Adoption of the changes in the 1936, 1938, 1939, 1941, 1944 scenario files as well as the "Operation Watchtower", "Operation Husky", "Operation Downfall", "Southern Conquests" & "Battle in the Coral Sea" battle scenarios.
- Light/Escort Carriers can be equipped with CAGs (by Spocky; SLCM)
- CVL models & additional photos (by Spocky; SLCM)
- Cut techtree: there are no more more modern battleship & battlecruiser models after 1942. (except nuclear propelled ones)
- CAGs have their own techs, i.e. they can be researched independently from carriers
- New units: modern submarine, hybrid carrier battleship
- naval units: slighter cost increase with advacing models, visibility values reworked
- naval doctrines can provide range bonuses to subs, transports, cruisers & destroyers
- some vanilla bugfixes (typos, translation)
- naval brigades reworked: more models, greater differences between "capital" & "small", cheaper & faster to build (SMM:Armageddon only)
Get the Files:
supported languages: English, German
SMM Version 0.2.3 for Armageddon 1.3BETA2
The checksum should be GLNC
SMM Version 1.0.0 for Doomsday 1.3a
The checksum should be CLZO
This version is considered "final", except bugfixes or balance issues.
- The mod is designed to work with the Jonesoft Generic Mod Enabler (recommended)
- You can also use a seperate Doomsday/Armadgeddon installation & overwrite existing files with the ones provided by the mod archive. As this is irreversible, it is not recommended.
- Don't try moddir. It won't work.