• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
French Algeria, 3 December 2010

''We have suffered under Syndicalist threats to long... Cowardly attack against our most important national institutions in Algiers will not stay unpunished. This is not attack on French goverment, it is attack on all proud citizens of French republic... We tried to preserve peace for so many years, but we can't use diplomacy against such terror any more... This is why joint command of Entente armies has decided to order aerial attacks on Syndicalist military targets in southern France and Italy. French Third Republic is now in war with Internationale. With the help of our allies, we will destroy this threat. We will not be terrorised any more. French people in Europe will soon be liberated from Syndicalists. Vive la France!''

War between Entente and Internationale has officialy started with television speech of French president. New conflict was sparked by terrorist attack in capital of French republic. Several bombs were detonated in Algiers causing massive devastation. It seemed that main targets of unknown terrorists were most important political institutions of French republic. Nobody took responsibility for bombings, but French goverment was sure that Syndicalists are behind this attack.

aus2.jpg

In fear of enemy invasion, Republic of Sicilies had to deploy more troops to southern Italy. This was great relief for Austrians that were still fighting their war in Balkans. It was never discovered who was realy responsible for act of terror that started another massive conflict. Both Internationale and Entente were not expecting that this war will start so soon. Entente was stucked in Pacific while Internationale was preparing for war with Mitteleuropa. Many theories have been raised to explain real backgound of those dramatic events. No matter who was behind the attacks in North Africa, it was to late to prevent the war.

EntenteBombers.jpg

WW2 will be dwarfed by the very size of this conflict.

Indeed.
I was wondering...what about Nukes?

Nuclear energy yes, nuclear weapons no in this alternate reality. Without such major war as WW2, nuclear weapons were not developed and used. There is a chance to develop nukes, but there is some kind of ''moral ban'' on this type of research, like human cloning in our reality.

Hmm, I have my doubts on how long a "moral ban" would hold up in this world but it will be interesting to see a major conventional war fought in modern times.

+1.
Nukes would spoil the pleasure. :D

Excerpt from the diary of Austrian oficer, 16 March 2011

Germans have finally shown their arrogance. We had to defeat Belgrade Pact on our own, but now they are behaving like they did everything. Since my unit was part of Afrika Korps, I was still stuck somewhere in Persia when most furious battles were fought. But those boys that were already stationed in Balkans or were replaced on battlefield from Italian border have seen real war. During the worst fights, Mitteleuropa had sent us only a few Ukrainian divisions, but when our troops reached the Athens, city was already full of Dutch and German soldiers. And that is not all! Germans have decided to set up new order in Balkans on their own. Our Kaiser had published special declaration some days before the end of conflict. He wrote that sovereignity of Greece, Serbia and Romania will be restored while occupied kingdoms of Bulgaria and Albania will be liberated again. But German Kaiser had burned our plan for stability of Balkan region.

aus19-1.jpg

aus24.jpg

aus25.jpg

Germans have decided that it would be best to give control of Athens and Aegean islands to Netherlands. Even before the Greeks surrendered, Germans have established Kingdom of Sparta. As expected, new Spartan king is Prussian aristocrat that even doesen't speak Greek. Newly formed Moldova is also ruled by German duke. Bulgaria was given access to Aegean sea and Bulgarian king has returned to his throne in Sofia. Other territory was given to Austria. This is more burden than reward, as partisans are very active in occupied lands. This means even more unstable empire, but Germans have the last word in our alliance. Albania will be liberated after our companies rebuild their infrastructure, which was badly damaged during the war. What a mess!

aus26.jpg

aus27.jpg

I'm not going to make the Spartan joke.

Well, so it seems that A-H not only survives but also kicks asses. Good, good.

The Balkans are split in such tiny provinces on this map, it hurts my eyes...

Say, if Rome is under Sicilian control, where is the Pope and what happened to Vatican?

The Balkans are split in such tiny provinces on this map, it hurts my eyes...

Say, if Rome is under Sicilian control, where is the Pope and what happened to Vatican?

Pope's HQ is now in Madrid. In late 1930s, Commune of France and Republic of Sicilies attacked Italian Federation. Austria was to weak to intervene and Italy was united under Syndicalist flag. Pope fleed to Kingdom of Spain. This event even prevented Spanish civil war, since kingdom got Xavier's support and CNT-FAI couldn't revolt. After Spanish anexation of Portugal during Portugese-Mittelafrikan war, Kingdom of Spain has became very strong power. You never know, maybe they will even claim French throne some day. :D

Interesting turn of events.
So far the Austrians are doing well, but frankly they shouldn't trust the Germans.

what techs do the dutchies have?

Their military equipment is mostly from 1995, I think. Most nations of Mitteleuropa are on this tech level.

Nice job, I always hated the Belgrade Pact.

may I ask how East Asia (literally) is faring?

Could we have full screenshots of the borders in Europe, Asia and Africa? These zoom-ins give us no clue as to what is happening on large scale. Who is fighting whom? Where are the Russians in all this?

-TRP

I don't have save games from 2011, but I made map of the world that describes situation after war against Belgrade Pact.

Red: Internationale
Black: Mitteleuropa
Yellow: Shanghai Pact
Blue: Entente

Current Wars:
Entente Vs Internationale
Entente Vs Shangai Pact

map1.jpg