• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The Japanese by this point were fixated on bringing the war to Britain. The only way to do that was to get their planes into range. As such they continued attacking across the European Mediterranean coast.

26th October -> 2nd November 1939 : Japan attacks Vichy

Japanese transports could just reach Marseilles from their newly constructed airfield next to the Italian border. The port was guarded but quickly fell. From their Japan could launch airborne assaults against every other critical target held by Vichy including the ports on the north coast of Africa.

attachment.php

3rd November : Japan declares war against Spain

attachment.php

Spain was the last major obstacle to getting planes over the British mainland. The Nationalist government of Spain clearly did not trust the Germans and had almost their entire army positioned in the mountains by the narrow Germany border. The Japanese took advantage of this and created a massive encirclement. Attacks against all the strategic points in eastern Spain were also launched. Madrid, and targets by Portugal remained out of range.

Compared to the almost instant conquests Japan had become used to the fighting in Spain was hard. The Spanish troops were fully mobilized and some quite experienced after the Spanish civil war. The large pocket of troops in the Pyrenees repeatedly tried to break out, and several times additional paratrooper divisions had reinforce the encirclement. Sometimes dropping directly onto the attacking troops. Japanese casualties were high.

However, gradually the encirclements on the eastern ports and airfields tightened and closed. Once they were captured pressure could be put on the remained of the Spanish targets.

attachment.php

Spain eventually surrendered on the 24th of November.

26th November -> 3rd December : Japan's "recruitment" in the east.

Japan was critically short of manpower after the casualties suffered in Spain. There was simply not enough manpower to reinforce divisions, despite the massive areas and cities claimed by the Empire. As such Japan launched attacks against Sinkiang, Tibet and Afghanistan in an effort to recruit additional troops from those areas.

Once they were defeated Japan once again sent its divisions to France and Spain.

attachment.php

Last edited:
That's impressive! Are there any british troops left in India causing you a headache? My non paratrooper invasion of India is still dealing with a couple insurgents... I don't know how they can even move, they haven't had a port to supply from in months if not more than a year!

That's impressive! Are there any british troops left in India causing you a headache? My non paratrooper invasion of India is still dealing with a couple insurgents... I don't know how they can even move, they haven't had a port to supply from in months if not more than a year!

I think the AI might occasionally do something weird and cheat and manage to attack with units that can't get supply. However, I have only seen that once or twice and it could be because of a very large stockpile of supplies somewhere.

I have made no attempt to mop up any British forces unless they were near something I wanted and were easy to encircle. Eventually they seem to run out of supplies and stop attacking my provinces. Same with the French in Indochina before Vichy triggered eventually they stopped harassing my airfields and just sat in the jungle slowly taking attrition from lack of supplies.

12th December : Japan launches invasion of the British Isles

Japan had over a million paratroopers positioned around the world. All of them knew the next fight would be to attack the British Isles directly. And that within days if not hours they could be jumping from planes to attack the British.

attachment.php

The first wave of Japanese paratroopers were tasked with the most obvious goals:

1) Surround and attack London
2) Surround and attack ports on the English south coast.

attachment.php

The next day(13th) the 2nd wave of Japanese paratroopers started to fall. Their task was Birmingham and to reinforce the attacks on the ports.

attachment.php

The third wave of paratroopers were launched on the 15th of December. Their goal was link up other sections and close any remaining encirclements. The 4th wave took a little longer to arrive because some of the troops were only newly (Late November) recruited. It split England in two in a line, Liverpool, Manchester, Leeds, York, Scarborough.

attachment.php

By the 20th of December The southern ports had been taken and the airfields there used to launch further attacks with troops landing in Edinburgh and Glasgow. In London the battle was beginning to go very badly for the British being attacked from almost every side.

Two days later London fell. On the 22nd of December the forces in the mainland UK surrendered. All territories in the Pacific, Asia, the middle east and Africa were surrendered fully to Japan. However, the British fleet and some hard liners retreated to the Caribbean and Canada with a vow to fight on. Christmas in the British mainland however was going to be under Japanese rule.

Last edited:
Wow that was amazing. I think its time the Bolsheviks saw this awesome power!

Afghanistan and Sinkiang are not connected?
Excuse me paradox...? :confused:

This was pointed out very early, and those who pointed it out were accused of being nationalistic pedants for thinking that a direct Soviet invasion of British India would be more than a bit strange.

Methinks HoI3 map is one of the biggest mistakes made by paradox game-makers. How are we able to play with a historical setting with fantasy-borders made by someone?

But anyways, gratz on bringing the British lion down! :cool:

Methinks HoI3 map is one of the biggest mistakes made by paradox game-makers. How are we able to play with a historical setting with fantasy-borders made by someone?

But anyways, gratz on bringing the British lion down! :cool:

That and the entire map is slanted, the Pacific Ocean is all skewed with the coasts horribly lined up and Alaska always looks completely wrong. What the hell people!? Is it really so hard to design a map that isn't completely fucked?! You know, something along these lines:

world-map.gif

January -> Early Febuary 1940 : Japan attempts to wipe out remaining allies

Ireland was a member of the Allies and was attacked before Mainland Britain surrendered. They managed to hold out in Dublin and Cork until the 16th of January, Mainly because Japan was already refocusing its attention on Africa. Liberia had made some gains into the territory Japan had taken from Vichy France in Africa. However, Japan still held airfields that could attack Liberia directly. Liberia Surrendered on the 6th January. Japan then declared war on Portugal so that it would be able to use the Portuguese airfields to finish the Allies off in Africa.

Attacks from Spanish airfields quickly took the Portuguese homeland however it took several more weeks for Japanese paratroopers to march through forests and take the last of the Portuguese forces in Africa.

attachment.php

Portugal eventually surrendered on the 8th of February.

Before that however Japan had once again shifted focus. This time attacking Switzerland on the 31st of January.

attachment.php

Despite their fortifications the Swiss units were nearly all operating at almost 0 strength and often gave up with out a fight. (I have not loaded up as them I suspect they must not have the manpower or IC to supply and reinforce units)

By mid February the Allies had been crushed in Africa and the Caribbean. Japan was running out of countries to attack. In the America's most countries were guaranteed by USA. The Soviet Union has masses of troops along the Japanese border. Axis also looks quite strong.

There are basically three options the Japanese high command considered at this point.

* Attack Axis : While Italy alone could easily be picked off it would probably take long enough that German tanks would come to the rescue. The war would then be one of retreating and trying to encircle enough German troops to be able to fight back.

* Attack Soviets : This would be similar to the War with Axis but on a much larger scale. This was the least favoured option.

* Attack the Americas : Try and grab South American minors and eventually attack the USA and Philippines. While the USA would certainly send raiding parties and land on various islands, Japan should be able to crush the landings one by one. This was the plan Japan eventually chose. Also hopefully while engaged in this war Axis and the Soviets would declare war on one another and be considerably weakened.

Last edited:
Massively impressive! I love the battles for Spain and Brittain.

So, Commies are next? And what about going for the first recorded WC?

Massively impressive! I love the battles for Spain and Brittain.

So, Commies are next? And what about going for the first recorded WC?

USA first. Well technically a whole bunch of South/Central American Minors and the Philippines first. Cuban is unfortunately lacking in Airfields. Can't remember maybe I can reach from Haiti to the Bahamas. And get to Florida that way.

Basically after the Allies fall USA and everybody else is slowly drifting towards Axis. If I went USSR first there might be a chance that I would end up facing an Axis that included USA. By attacking USA first then hopefully Germany will start attack USSR and both of the will be weaker because of it.

Also I am hugely limited on increasing my land forces to be much bigger. On Mountains or Jungle the attrition levels are quite high. A 3000 man brigade losses about 4 men per day:

Code:
 4 / 3000   = 0.0013333 # times the strength of a brigade lost per day
 * 4        = 0.0053333 # Manpower lost per day per brigade
 * 300      = 1.6       # Manpower lost per day (I might not have exactly 300 brigades)
 * 30       = 48        # Manpower lost per month

Just from attrition if I have all of my brigades in that type of circumstance. Then add on actual combat casualties and building some planes... very little spare manpower to actually build new paratroopers.

I have started trying to fly paratroopers not engaged in combat back to Japan. Also USA and Germany the terrain won't be as bad as in Africa so hopefully less attrition there.

28th March Japanese Progress on all fronts

In South America Japanese paratroopers landed over much of Venezuela but still had to do some marching to take their objectives.

attachment.php

Meanwhile attacks were launched on Guam and the Philippines.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:
5th April 1940 : Venezuela Surrenders

In the Pacific Japan's attack against the Philippines was fully under way.
attachment.php

War with Columbia 6th -> 15th April

Japan Continues to push towards the Panama Canal, Launching from the former Venezuelan airfields. The Columbian army was unable to face the superior Japanese forces.

13th April : Philippines surrenders to Japan

22nd April : Panama surrenders to Japan and Panama canal is taken

attachment.php

Last edited: