+ Reply to Thread

Thread: EU3 regions

EU3 regions

I have q question - how do you create new regions, that will correspond somehow with the map etc.

I am aware of the existence of a file called regions.txt in the map directory, however I doubt editing anything there would solve my query.

If anyone has any idea, then could you please share it with me

Crusader Kings IIDivine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessEU3 Collectors Edition
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Devleti View Post
    I have q question - how do you create new regions, that will correspond somehow with the map etc.

I am aware of the existence of a file called regions.txt in the map directory, however I doubt editing anything there would solve my query.

If anyone has any idea, then could you please share it with me
    The region.txt file in the map directory is how you create regions. Open the file in a text editor and create a new region name like (use all small letters for consistency as New and new are not the same to the game)

new_region_name = { }

Then enter the province numbers you want included in the region between the { }. Make sure you leave spaces or tabs between the numbers and only use valid province numbers.

The simple way to know province numbers is to open the game in scenario editor

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...d.php?t=323219

which will show you the map and if you click on a province it shows you the number.

Also go to the localization folder and open and existing file like text.csv and add your region name to the file like

new_region_name Fancy Name of region

You needn't necessarily add any localisation: it depends whether you want to use for decisions or missions so that the name could appear to a player.
    Last edited by The Impaler; 01-11-2009 at 21:31. Reason: g

Thanks a lot

Btw I was wondering, if you can choose which colour the newly created region gets. Probably the order influences it, but can you define it manually and exactly??

Deus VultDiplomacyEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneSemper FiSword of the StarsVictoria 2500k club

Blog Entries
    I hate to rev such an old thread, but better than making a new some I suppose. Would anyone know what the answer is to the color question? I couldn't quite find it.

What do you mean by color?

When you click on the Region map mode in EU3, the different regions of the world are highlighted in different colours. What he/she is asking is whether or not it is possible to set specific colours for specific regions.
    Malaya Mod v.0.03 - Out Now
    Click Here

Those are for stuff like Greece, balakans, Asia minor, when makon a provinces in one of the txt files you will have to say which region it is in

There can be 5 provinces Ina region, like Asia minor, when you do missions, like covert Asia minor you can on to the regions map mode and convert all the provs

Deus VultDiplomacyEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneSemper FiSword of the StarsVictoria 2500k club

Blog Entries
    Thanks for the answer Caesar, but I understand what regions are, you missed my question entirely.

Krankovich understands. It's not a big deal, but I was wondering if that was at all possible to manipulate.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Zeke View Post
    Thanks for the answer Caesar, but I understand what regions are, you missed my question entirely.

Krankovich understands. It's not a big deal, but I was wondering if that was at all possible to manipulate.
    Oh i misread it, in that case i dont know where the files are, is there a RGB value in the regions.txt?

+ Reply to Thread