• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I have fixed owner flags, settlement entries and taxation, so the GUI is now fully functional.
2009-10-27-1.jpg

Wow.

Absolutely, utterly amazing work. This is some of the most incredible modding I have ever seen, period. To think one can just reshape the game interface at will like that is astonishing, and also a monument to paradox's support of modability in their games as well.

... which is why I really hate to nitpick, but I must. All the chips along the edges of the buttons and such just doesn't feel right. That might be fine for the barbs, but craftsmanship in the civilized cultures in the Mediterranean and middle east could at least make smooth edges consistently. Seems like sticking with the current smooth white and red marble look would fit better with the rest of the interface, perhaps? Sorry, don't hurt me please!:eek:

Wow.

Absolutely, utterly amazing work. This is some of the most incredible modding I have ever seen, period. To think one can just reshape the game interface at will like that is astonishing, and also a monument to paradox's support of modability in their games as well.
Thank you. :D

... which is why I really hate to nitpick, but I must. All the chips along the edges of the buttons and such just doesn't feel right. That might be fine for the barbs, but craftsmanship in the civilized cultures in the Mediterranean and middle east could at least make smooth edges consistently. Seems like sticking with the current smooth white and red marble look would fit better with the rest of the interface, perhaps? Sorry, don't hurt me please!:eek:
I see what you mean, but remember this mod is set in 245 AUC. By then, most of the known world was controlled by more or less tribal nations. If it "feels right" for these nations, I'd say we stick to the chips.

Also, I'd like to point out that I'm not the only one representing ancient civilisation with a few chips here and there. I guess it has to do with the fact that monuments from Antiquity tend to be pretty chipped nowadays. :p

This is coming along extremely well, man. Do you need help with anything, because it seems like you are taking on a lot for just one (awesome) dude.

Camara and Timetogetaway, thank you. :)
The new minimap:
2009-12-12-6.jpg

2009-12-12-7.jpg

Note that I use abbreviations for the mapmodes.

T - terrain
P - politics
R - regions
A - authorities
C - cities
D - diplomacy

Each mapmode is activated by the same hotkey.

Impressive how you are able to reshape everything at will. Is the whole bottom of the screen reshaped or is there anything back from the old design?
I can't wait to get my hands on this mod... I know, i'm greedy :rolleyes:

The mini map is a bit hard to look at. It is my personal opinion that the land should get the more attractive color and water gets the duller. Other than my preference great job :D

Impressive how you are able to reshape everything at will. Is the whole bottom of the screen reshaped or is there anything back from the old design?
I can't wait to get my hands on this mod... I know, i'm greedy :rolleyes:
The whole bottom of the screen is reshaped. Btw, you're only a click away from getting your greedy hands on the mod now. ;)

The mini map is a bit hard to look at. It is my personal opinion that the land should get the more attractive color and water gets the duller. Other than my preference great job :D
Are you comparing to vanilla now?

Looks wonderful. I'd consider changing the font to a bit more 'Roman' one, though. Try 'Trajan' or 'Felix Titling'. :)
Thank you. I've tried to change the fonts, but it seems to be impossible. The only ingame font small enough to fit is Arial 12, which is what you're seeing in the image.

You're doing an excellent work here! Please continue
I will. :)