+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: New GUI

200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis: RomeSengokuRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

I have fixed owner flags, settlement entries and taxation, so the GUI is now fully functional.
    Previously worked on Imperium, a mod for Rome: Vae Victis.

Wow.

Absolutely, utterly amazing work. This is some of the most incredible modding I have ever seen, period. To think one can just reshape the game interface at will like that is astonishing, and also a monument to paradox's support of modability in their games as well.

... which is why I really hate to nitpick, but I must. All the chips along the edges of the buttons and such just doesn't feel right. That might be fine for the barbs, but craftsmanship in the civilized cultures in the Mediterranean and middle east could at least make smooth edges consistently. Seems like sticking with the current smooth white and red marble look would fit better with the rest of the interface, perhaps? Sorry, don't hurt me please!

Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis: RomeSengokuRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband

Quote Originally Posted by JeffSteel View Post
    Wow.

Absolutely, utterly amazing work. This is some of the most incredible modding I have ever seen, period. To think one can just reshape the game interface at will like that is astonishing, and also a monument to paradox's support of modability in their games as well.
    Thank you.

... which is why I really hate to nitpick, but I must. All the chips along the edges of the buttons and such just doesn't feel right. That might be fine for the barbs, but craftsmanship in the civilized cultures in the Mediterranean and middle east could at least make smooth edges consistently. Seems like sticking with the current smooth white and red marble look would fit better with the rest of the interface, perhaps? Sorry, don't hurt me please!
    I see what you mean, but remember this mod is set in 245 AUC. By then, most of the known world was controlled by more or less tribal nations. If it "feels right" for these nations, I'd say we stick to the chips.

Also, I'd like to point out that I'm not the only one representing ancient civilisation with a few chips here and there. I guess it has to do with the fact that monuments from Antiquity tend to be pretty chipped nowadays.

NOP-field present Moderator Qorten's Avatar
    61 games registered

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyCities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings II
    DungeonlandElven Legacy CollectionEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesDivine Wind
    For The GloryGettysburgHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineKing Arthur IILeviathan: WarshipsThe Kings CrusadeLost Empire - Immortals
    MagickaMajesty 2March of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionNaval War: Arctic Circle
    SengokuShip Simulator ExtremesSword of the StarsSword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler 2020
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesPride of NationsRise of Prussia
    CK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    Teleglitch: Die More EditionWarlock 2: The ExiledEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Oh, that interface looks beautiful Descartes! Absolutely amazing work.

When I use this color I am speaking as a Moderator.

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultDivine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    March of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSengoku
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors Edition
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

I love this GUI. It looks fantastic! Thanks.
    Traits: Thrifty clerk, Poet, Kind, Deceitful, Charitable, Wroth, Proud, Ambitious, Arbitrary, Homosexual, Zealot

Quote Originally Posted by Descartes View Post
    I wouldn't mind starting up a little harem, but we have to ask humpelheinz first.
    I wonder what Mrs. Descartes says about all this...

Edit: Is this mod still going?
    Last edited by LAF1994; 28-11-2009 at 01:50.
    It is not sufficient that I succeed- all others must fail- Genghis Khan

The new progress window:

Great work as always, i only think the marble looks a bit dirty, mind making it a bit whiter/brighter?
    Read my first AAR: Wittelsbach- A CK AAR
    http://www.europa-universalis.com/fo...d.php?t=293636

Thank you. I don't think I'll make it any brighter, though, because 1) I like it as it is and 2) then I'd have to redo the province window.

200k clubCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEast India Company
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneLead and GoldLost Empire - ImmortalsPenumbra - Black Plague
    Victoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSword of the StarsSupreme Ruler 2020 Gold
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandV2 Beta
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Modding the interface like that is just pure pwning
    Terra Universalis II
    For EU IV
    Another kind of whole world mod
    Magna Terra
    For EU Rome VV
    The way to be Imperator of all the Old World
    Umbra Spherae
    For Crusader Kings II
    Expand your faith and realm into all the Old World

This is coming along extremely well, man. Do you need help with anything, because it seems like you are taking on a lot for just one (awesome) dude.
    New AAR coming soon!

Camara and Timetogetaway, thank you.
    The new minimap:

Note that I use abbreviations for the mapmodes.

T - terrain
    P - politics
    R - regions
    A - authorities
    C - cities
    D - diplomacy

Each mapmode is activated by the same hotkey.

Impressive how you are able to reshape everything at will. Is the whole bottom of the screen reshaped or is there anything back from the old design?
    I can't wait to get my hands on this mod... I know, i'm greedy

200k clubHoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiVictoria 2Rome: Vae Victis
    Rise of PrussiaEU Rome Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

945 (EU3, Michigan) in between palm and ring finger
    Blog Entries
    The mini map is a bit hard to look at. It is my personal opinion that the land should get the more attractive color and water gets the duller. Other than my preference great job
    EU3 Save Suite - your one stop shop for everything related to EU3 savegames.

I want you to contribute to great tools developed for Paradox. See this thread. Help with the parsing or with creating an EU4 Savegame editor

Think you're the best EU3 player? Check out the EU3 Hall of Fame
    Dealt: A polish colonel deals his last hand
    The Swiss Account: The average documentation of the stereotypical Swiss.
    "Cheese ages better than women but money is forever." - Davout
    EU3 Hurt and Heal Archive

Looks wonderful. I'd consider changing the font to a bit more 'Roman' one, though. Try 'Trajan' or 'Felix Titling'.

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultDivine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSengokuRome: Vae Victis
    CK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

You're doing an excellent work here! Please continue
    This is not a signature

Quote Originally Posted by Nisco View Post
    Impressive how you are able to reshape everything at will. Is the whole bottom of the screen reshaped or is there anything back from the old design?
    I can't wait to get my hands on this mod... I know, i'm greedy
    The whole bottom of the screen is reshaped. Btw, you're only a click away from getting your greedy hands on the mod now.

Quote Originally Posted by comagoosie View Post
    The mini map is a bit hard to look at. It is my personal opinion that the land should get the more attractive color and water gets the duller. Other than my preference great job
    Are you comparing to vanilla now?

Quote Originally Posted by manfred1126 View Post
    Looks wonderful. I'd consider changing the font to a bit more 'Roman' one, though. Try 'Trajan' or 'Felix Titling'.
    Thank you. I've tried to change the fonts, but it seems to be impossible. The only ingame font small enough to fit is Arial 12, which is what you're seeing in the image.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaigon View Post
    You're doing an excellent work here! Please continue
    I will.

Quote Originally Posted by Descartes View Post
    The whole bottom of the screen is reshaped. Btw, you're only a click away from getting your greedy hands on the mod now.
    My greed is satisfied... For now..

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2