+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New GUI

200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis: RomeSengokuRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

New GUI

I didn't like the idea of squeezing in this post somewhere else, so I'm starting up a new thread. It's not a major update, really, but I'm working on a new province window. Here's a little preview.

From left to right: owner, language, authority, settlement and governor.
    I'll give you some more pictures soon enough.
    Previously worked on Imperium, a mod for Rome: Vae Victis.

Descartes, will you marry me?

Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis: RomeSengokuRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband

I never thought you would ask. Sure.

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultDivine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSengokuRome: Vae Victis
    CK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Looks good!

I've seen your changes on culture and authority, but what is the Small village value (and what did you replace from vanilla)?
    This is not a signature

That's a parameter called settlement size. I haven't introduced it in any DD yet, but it's already implemented in the mod. You know the "<province> grows" events? They increase settlement size. Since I've moved the province products to modifiers, I'm using the old trade goods to represent the size of the settlement in a province. This is very practical, since I can use the resource restriction command to enable certain buildings for larger cities only. Settlement size also affects what kind of units you can recruit in a province. Check common/buildings.txt and commond/tradegoods.txt for more info.

200k clubCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis: Chronicles
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeRome Gold
    Semper FiSengokuSword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Rome: Vae VictisCK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by Descartes View Post
    That's a parameter called settlement size. I haven't introduced it in any DD yet, but it's already implemented in the mod. You know the "<province> grows" events? They increase settlement size. Since I've moved the province products to modifiers, I'm using the old trade goods to represent the size of the settlement in a province. This is very practical, since I can use the resource restriction command to enable certain buildings for larger cities only. Settlement size also affects what kind of units you can recruit in a province. Check common/buildings.txt and commond/tradegoods.txt for more info.
    Brilliant! This last iteration is coming along very well. Thank you for all your efforts.

200k clubCrusader Kings IIDeus VultDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome: Vae VictisEU Rome Collectors Edition
    EU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Vey good ! You're talented and the final release of Imperium looks more and more promising.
    OMNIBUS VIIS ROMAM PERVENITUR

Yes, it looks good.

I like the background colour, are you replacing the "reddish" background you had before with this colour ?

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    MagickaEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldRome: Vae Victis
    Mount & Blade: WarbandEU Rome Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

You're a genius, pure and simple.
    EU: Rome, the way it should have been.
    Europa Imperialis Map Mod v0.1d

Quote Originally Posted by Hardradi View Post
    I like the background colour, are you replacing the "reddish" background you had before with this colour ?
    Yup. It feels more Roman, imo.
    Btw, thanks for the comments, everyone. I change my mind pretty often when it comes to aesthetic matters, so knowing you like my new style will hopefully prevent me from starting all over again. Cheers.

The new GUI is here.
    First off is the new toolpane.

The buttons are pretty small, but they're easy to click at. The picture below shows them in detail, with their paths in orange.

As in vanilla, clicking on a province opens the province window.

Here is a more detailed picture, with explanations in orange. Note that taxation doesn't show up properly in this picture, since I hadn't corrected that when it was taken. The country flag will also be adjusted to look more like it does in the preview from last Wednesday. Finally, I will also adjust the settlement entry, it's not functional atm.

As you can see, I'm using Roman-looking miniatures to represent province parameters. I have avoided using text, to save space and give the GUI a more gamey feeling. Don't worry, though, the numbers are explained in detail if you hover the mouse over them. I'm not sure if I have mentioned my social classes somewhere else, but here they are: nobles, townsfolk, peasants and slaves. Another very unique feature is the province number, which you can see between the toolpane buttons.

All questions are welcome. Cheers!

200k clubHoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiVictoria 2Rome: Vae Victis
    Rise of PrussiaEU Rome Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

945 (EU3, Michigan) in between palm and ring finger
    Blog Entries
    It seems you have already taken a spouse...are you into polygamy?

Honestly, this is unbelievable what you have done. It looks like the 2nd expansion Rome has never had
    Last edited by comagoosie; 27-10-2009 at 02:13.
    EU3 Save Suite - your one stop shop for everything related to EU3 savegames.
    EU4 Stats - because deep down we are all stats junkies

Think you're the best EU3 player? Check out the EU3 Hall of Fame
    Dealt: A polish colonel deals his last hand
    The Swiss Account: The average documentation of the stereotypical Swiss.
    "Cheese ages better than women but money is forever." - Davout
    EU3 Hurt and Heal Archive

L'Empire, c'est la paix! Emp_Palpatine's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    Rome GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness

Gods... Impressive!
    Due to time restraint, I'll only play when 2.0 will be out, and I can tell you I can't wait
    "Votre Hugo est fou avec son "Napoléon le petit". Napoléon le petit, c'est celui de la Colonne."
    Victor Cousin

Petite balade dans le Dixie Land: Hurrah for the Bonnie blue flag that bears the Single StAAR!
    C'est reparti comme en 14: la VictoAAR en chantant!

200k clubCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEast India CompanyEuropa Universalis 3
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiVictoria 2
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandPride of Nations500k club

wow, it really looks good. Do we get another small version with this? Or will it first come in the final 2.0 version?

Amazing work, the figures even have little transparent aura's around them.

The long bar at the bottom (centre and right), is that for province buildings ?

Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3
    Divine WindFor The GloryHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMagicka
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSengokuVictoria 2
    Rome: Vae VictisCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Really nice work there Descartes!

200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    March of the EaglesSemper FiMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    That is really good work, well done Descartes!
    'What a piece of work is a man! How noble in reason, how infinite in faculty! In form and moving how express and admirable! In action how like an Angel, in apprehension how like a god! The beauty of the world! The paragon of animals! And yet to me, what is this quintessence of dust?

Faith in Humanity Meter - ||||||||||
    The Ink Well

Thanks for the comments, everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by comagoosie View Post
    It seems you have already taken a spouse...are you into polygamy?
    I wouldn't mind starting up a little harem, but we have to ask humpelheinz first.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpi View Post
    wow, it really looks good. Do we get another small version with this? Or will it first come in the final 2.0 version?
    The GUI was the thing I really wanted to fix before 2.0, so I think I'll actually call the next "small version" 2.0. I want to start working on 2.1, you see.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardradi View Post
    The long bar at the bottom (centre and right), is that for province buildings ?
    Yup.

Wow, this is impressive! That's far more than I've ever expected! I love the small romans and the usage of the space. It actually looks much more organic like it is now. Do you plan to change the rest of the interface to have the same look and functionality? Well, actually you already begun with the senate window etc.

great, great, great!

p.s.: I don't mind if there are more spouses, as long as they don't distract you from your project

Quote Originally Posted by humpelheinz View Post
    Wow, this is impressive! That's far more than I've ever expected! I love the small romans and the usage of the space. It actually looks much more organic like it is now. Do you plan to change the rest of the interface to have the same look and functionality? Well, actually you already begun with the senate window etc.
    Yeah, I'll try to use the same style in all windows. After all, I've made some pretty drastic changes to the game, so I need to redo most of the windows content-wise anyway.

p.s.: I don't mind if there are more spouses, as long as they don't distract you from your project
    Alright, let's become one, happy family then.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast