• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Descartes

Lt. General
42 Badges
Oct 12, 2008
  • Crusader Kings II
  • 500k Club
  • Sengoku
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • 200k Club
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
I would like to know if you are interested in playing Imperium in a different language. It wouldn't take much time for me to adapt the localisation files for other languages, as long as other people took care of the translation. My own suggestion is that we limit ourselves to German and French. Still, if you're very keen on adding Spanish, Italian, Dutch or Portuguese I could naturally include it as well.

Sadly, we can only use symbols that you find on an American keyboard. The Scandinavian 'å', 'ä' and 'ö', the German 'ß' and the French 'ç' are out of question. (Still, for German and French, I suppose we could use double 's' and 'c'.) None of the Cyrillic symbols show up as they should, as far as I know.

Cheers,
Descartes

"ç" is not a double S, even if its purpose is indeed to be a "c" pronouced like a "s". So using a double "s" would be wrong spelling. Better to use a standart "c"

Due to time restraint, I can't help you with traduction, but check the french board there: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?t=436139

This Sylla guy started a translation of vanilla game. He will perhaps help you.

"ç" is not a double S, even if its purpose is indeed to be a "c" pronouced like a "s". So using a double "s" would be wrong spelling. Better to use a standart "c"
I think he meant "ß" is a double "s" in german. And the "c" could be the "ç" in french.

While i would gladly help you with the German translation i really think you should invest evry little chunk of your time to get the english version ready. Lots of work to do i think, when all the features you metioned are actually in the game, i compoleted the characters (no time at all ATM) and the map reaches to Asia t might be the time to think about adding another language. Way to go...

Don't worry, this is far off in the future. There's no point in translating something that isn't finished. I just wanted to see if people were interested in playing in other languages, so I know what to include when I create new localisation files.

Frankly, I don't think the english forum is the right place to ask if anyone needs a translation ;) The people who understand english won't necessarily need one and the others don't read this.

Later, when the mod is finished we can talk about translations to make it more accessible to others, including an announcement in international and also national (German, French, depending on the number of translations) games-magazines. What do you think about the latter?

Latin?