Thread: Can't patch

Can't patch

I bought this game from Impulse (Stardock),

The game version is 1.04. I saw the 1.092 and 1.093 patches on the forums, which I downloaded, and it says "Can't find Elven Legacy, please install game before running patch" for both versions.

The reason I was trying to patch to begin with was because I can't open the console with "~" or with "^"

also I noticed that there is no slot for Elven Legacy on the registrations page.

I heard that to access the official tech support forums, the game needed to be registered.

Crusader Kings IIImpireEuropa Universalis III: In NomineKing Arthur IIThe Kings Crusade
    Majesty 2EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeSword of the Stars IIVictoria 2
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneV2 BetaHoi 2 Beta
    EU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

CaseyP, to patch the Impulse version of Elven Legacy, use Impulse. Download and install the patch via Impulse from Stardock, not the generic patch from the forums.

At least that's what worked for me.
    Confused about how manpower is determined in EU4? Read my Manpower Guide

Finally got around to writing a list of my AARs in the inkwell.
    For those interested in Dominions 4 (SP or MP), we organize the Wrinkletoes games and answer general questions related to the game in this thread.
    Current ongoing Wrinkletoes 3 Dom4 game's list of players: linky.

yeah, a few hours after I posted this, Impulse said there was an update available.

I downloaded the update and the game is now version 1.092. There doesn't seem to be an update for .093 yet, but my game is running without problem.

I still cannot open the client, however, and I have tried launching the safe mode version of the game, and running the standard version as administrator, to no avail.

Crusader Kings IIImpireEuropa Universalis III: In NomineKing Arthur IIThe Kings Crusade
    Majesty 2EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeSword of the Stars IIVictoria 2
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneV2 BetaHoi 2 Beta
    EU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by CaseyP View Post
    I still cannot open the client, however, and I have tried launching the safe mode version of the game, and running the standard version as administrator, to no avail.
    What happens when you try opening the client? I am assuming here that you mean starting the client program.

If you get a small Elven Legacy splash bitmap after which the application terminates, it is almost certainly not an Elven Legacy problem but an activation issue, which can be addressed by re-activating Elven Legacy via the impulse panel. This problem is known to occasionally happen after Impulse patching. (There have been two updates to EL on Impulse since release - the first one being the 0.92 patch many months ago, the second being the patch yesterday that bewildering enough have the same version number and comes without a readme file documenting changes - very sloppy handling of versioning control, alas).

If you are talking about something else, my apologies. I notice that in the first post you are talking about some sort of in-game console - I am afraid I know nothing of that, in fact, I didn't even know there was one or was supposed to be one until you mentioned it.

-----

After firing up Elven Legacy right now and doing a quick google search for cheats, which I assume is the reason you are looking for an in-game console in the first place*, it seems that the standard chat console (on my keyboard accessed with the key just above the TAB key, which is - I don't know what it is locked to on your keyboard) can be used to issue cheat commands in SP if that is what you are after.

* Though I really advise you to try playing through without cheats - so much more satisfactory to defeat the challenges that way.
    Confused about how manpower is determined in EU4? Read my Manpower Guide

Finally got around to writing a list of my AARs in the inkwell.
    For those interested in Dominions 4 (SP or MP), we organize the Wrinkletoes games and answer general questions related to the game in this thread.
    Current ongoing Wrinkletoes 3 Dom4 game's list of players: linky.

My apologies, I didn't mean the client, I meant the console window.

Do you own the CD version of the game? or Impulse or Steam?

If you own the CD version, this site worked for me: http://www.filefront.com/13707646/El...1.0.9.2-Patch/

and:

http://www.elven-legacy.com/#/downloads/patches/

The Impulse version took a few days for me before it showed the patches available, but now the game is up to date.