• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1) in IN the flag for Germany is actually the HRE one. Are you moving the current german flag to the HRE and give a new one to Germany? If so, please, take the 1848 flag - which happens to be the current flag of Germany, too. The black-white-red flag could be given to Germany if formed from Prussia. It shouldn't be difficult to implement two "form Germany" decisions, right?
I prefer black-white-red flag, hey should it change it real life too.

Last edited:
Another guess regarding magistrates... Maybe you can't conquer provinces without enough magistrates to put in them (with the possible exception of cores). That would be a nice way to keep excessive expansion in check (ie. nerf France). More advanced governments (as well as decisions, sliders, etc.) would allow for more rapid expansion.

Will different dynasties have different monarch names? Like in england you didn't have any Georges until the hannovarians were the rulers.

edit: Also since heirs seem to have an age i assume monarchs do as well?

If that is done it would be nice if you could have names by culture maybe so you can finally have portuguese names as spain if you formed it as portugal.

That would be really cool.

Names could go by dynasties, not by countries. Thus, if the Bourbons arrived to reign on Castille or Aragon, instead of "Fernando", "Alfonso" and "Juan" we'd have "Louis", "Charles" or even "Robert" (Enrique or Henry were common).

Anyway, I like all those changes and improvements... looking forward to play them.

That would be really cool.

Names could go by dynasties, not by countries. Thus, if the Bourbons arrived to reign on Castille or Aragon, instead of "Fernando", "Alfonso" and "Juan" we'd have "Louis", "Charles" or even "Robert" (Enrique or Henry were common).

Anyway, I like all those changes and improvements... looking forward to play them.

But then you'll be having British and Castilian kings with German name, Aragonese kings with Castilian names after 1412... I prefer the way it already is, linked to the countries' main culture. After all, kings were remembered by the country and people they ruled, it wouldn't make much sense this way.

I think magistrates are going to be related to cultural conversion (perhaps even like missionaries are for religion), or else you send a magistrate to a province and it vastly reduces MTTH for cultural conversion.

But then you'll be having British and Castilian kings with German name, Aragonese kings with Castilian names after 1412... I prefer the way it already is, linked to the countries' main culture. After all, kings were remembered by the country and people they ruled, it wouldn't make much sense this way.

This could be solved by a pretty simple name translator mechanism. Most of these names have counterparts in every european language. The spanish Bourbons would not be Louis, Charles and Robert but Luis, Carlos and Roberto.

I think magistrates are going to be related to cultural conversion (perhaps even like missionaries are for religion), or else you send a magistrate to a province and it vastly reduces MTTH for cultural conversion.

I don't know, magistrate sounds too 'administrative' to be something that improves culture.

This would be awesome; even more of a 'sandbox' feel! Unfortunately, I don't think this is the case because the flow of Magistrates is linked with the government type. Cultural conversion would seem more plausible if their flow was linked with the domestic policy sliders (esp. Arist/Pluto, Serf/Free, Inno/Narrow, Merc/FTrade).

It would be sweet to have a cultural conversion agent, especially when related to diplo-annex. That may even be his purpose, to sit and bang a gavel in the province until annexation comes, sort of like the missionary does now. That would be cool indeed...

T

I don't think one could rule out that they might have an effect on cultural conversion. I have my doubts that they would directly cause that, mostly due to the fact that in half of my games Aragon would be French by 1500. On the other hand though, if they are related to improving provinces, as I mentioned earlier, whether through base tax or whatever, it wouldn't be too far fetched to think improving infrastructure would help spread your culture. It might just give you a modifier to the time it takes the conversion event to fire or something like that.

Mmm... as has been said before, magistrates are likely to be linked with the advisors sphere of the game. Honestly, they are not the best feature of vanilla EU3 and so they must be trying to polish it. Or at the most something related to the economic sliders, maybe something like minister points to help rushing tech advances... I'd bet for one of these two areas, the weaker ones in EU3.

:eek:

Revolt risk map mode? Magistrates? Infamy?

splooge.gif

Mmm... as has been said before, magistrates are likely to be linked with the advisors sphere of the game. Honestly, they are not the best feature of vanilla EU3 and so they must be trying to polish it. Or at the most something related to the economic sliders, maybe something like minister points to help rushing tech advances... I'd bet for one of these two areas, the weaker ones in EU3.

Well, in the announcement post it says that advisors are handled via "cultural tradition" like military tradition, so I'm going to guess that tradition is probably not the same as magistrates. Since a magistrate is basically someone who administers laws we can assume it has some effect on the government or province level. Also the fact that they come in pretty small numbers makes me think they have pretty good long term effects(base tax increase, slider move, etc.) vs quick short term effects(tech investment, quick cash, etc.). Obviously this is just conjecture and we have no way of knowing for sure, but it's fun to try to figure all the new features out.:D

I think it's more linked to the "sphere of influence" issue. We'll see...

Requested by the fans, Heir to the Throne is the third expansion to the
preeminent historical strategy game Europa Universalis III. The expansion takes the hugely successful game beyond complete, with improvements across the board:

Features
• Intriguing Casus Belli system, where wars have specific goals from start to finish.
• Monarchs now belong to dynasties, with far reaching effects on the diplomatic model.
• More involving and powerful Holy Roman Empire and Papacy options.
• Special diplomatic options for Republics.
Set your National Focus in a province to enhance growth and strengthen your hold in the region.
• Permanent Terra Incognita removed and replaced with impassable regions.
• Cultural Tradition allows better advisors in the same way that Military Tradition allows better generals and admirals.
• Spheres of Influence simulate the Great Game of the major powers.
• More dynamic pirates. Issue letters of marque to plague the sea zones of rival nations.
• Monarchs need to uphold their legitimacy in the eyes of their subjects
• Many other additions and improvements.
From the HttT Announcement.

I think Magistrates have to do with the bolded bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.