• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Doomdark

Chief Creative Officer
Paradox Staff
61 Badges
Apr 3, 2000
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • March of the Eagles
  • Naval War: Arctic Circle
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Sengoku
  • Ship Simulator Extremes
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
  • Starvoid
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • The Showdown Effect
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Warlock 2: The Exiled
  • War of the Roses
  • Prison Architect
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Cities in Motion
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Darkest Hour
  • Dungeonland
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • For The Glory
  • For the Motherland
  • Gettysburg
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Impire
Todays diary is about that agglomeration of states which Voltaire thought was neither Holy, nor Roman, nor an Empire. As a Swede I am of course bound to concur. Cum Deo et victribus armis! Even so, the HRE wielded a lot of power, and in another world, full of little eagles, crowns and, indeed, Krauts, it might eventually have coalesced into a proper nation. And that's what we're all about here at Paradox; alternate history! Well, that and authority, but more on that later.

In Heir to the Throne, we are adding more features to the HRE than it had members. Well, maybe not, but still quite a few. First off, a new concept called Imperial Authority. Imperial Authority represents the amount of control the Emperor exerts over the princes of the empire. It can be gained or lost in many ways, for example by answering the call of members under attack by foreign powers, or by liberating an annexed HRE member. The main reason for having Imperial Authority is to execute the special decisions that will allow skilled Holy Roman Emperors to tighten the reins on the member princes and eventually unite the disparate fiefdoms under one banner.

We are also adding at least two new diplomatic actions: "Bestow Imperial Grace" and "Enforce Religious Unity". The first works like "Send Gift", except it costs Imperial Authority rather than gold and gives a greater boost to relations. The second is a demand for conversion. If the errant princeling accepts, the religion changes and the Emperor gains more authority. If he refuses, the Emperor gains a special Casus Belli. (Speaking of which, in line with the new CB system, princes of the HRE are now allowed to fight each other without incurring the wrath of the Emperor, provided they have a valid Casus Belli.)

Finally, we have the "Imperial Ban" Casus Belli, which the emperor can employ against any non-member country with provinces that are part of the Empire. This only becomes available after a certain reform decision has been taken at the cost of Imperial Authority. (You will have noticed I've mentioned authority a lot. That's because at Paradox, we like authority; especially Johan.)

Now, while the above system is essentially done, the HRE window is unfortunately not, so I cannot provide you with a screenshot of the altered interface. Instead, I will let you feast your eyes on another new feature, cruelly allowing your imaginations to run wild until the next diary entry.

Adieu.

Attachments

• ImperialGrace.jpg
    0 bytes · Views: 7.474
  • InfamyTopBar.jpg
    0 bytes · Views: 6.874
  • Magistrates.jpg
    0 bytes · Views: 9.288
  • ReligiousUnity.jpg
    0 bytes · Views: 6.698
I came :D

Looking good, should make a great game even better. :D

Sounds like a Lite-Version of SRI. :(

Aside from Imperial Authority, will Heir to the Throne feature Imperial Institutions as well such as the Court, the Demensce, and the like?

Magistrates hum.

Obviously they must have an internal (like missionaries) rather than external (like colonists/diplomats) role. Maybe give a small decrease in local revolt risk ? Intriguing for sure.

Sounds like a Lite-Version of SRI. :(

Aside from Imperial Authority, will Heir to the Throne feature Imperial Institutions as well such as the Court, the Demensce, and the like?

*cough*
"The main reason for having Imperial Authority is to execute the special decisions that will allow skilled Holy Roman Emperors to tighten the reins on the member princes and eventually unite the disparate fiefdoms under one banner."

Obviously they must have an internal (like missionaries) rather than external (like colonists/diplomats) role. Maybe give a small decrease in local revolt risk ? Intriguing for sure.

They might be linked to the new "national focus in a province" concept that was talked about in the initial HTTT anouncement?
Either that or the state's legitimacy that's supposed to be another new feature.

Nice stuff!

Did I spy a revoltrisk mapmode..?

(Speaking of which, in line with the new CB system, princes of the HRE are now allowed to fight each other without incurring the wrath of the Emperor, provided they have a valid Casus Belli.)
Aha, very useful.

*cough*
"The main reason for having Imperial Authority is to execute the special decisions that will allow skilled Holy Roman Emperors to tighten the reins on the member princes and eventually unite the disparate fiefdoms under one banner."

:rolleyes:

Specifics please. For all we know, those could just be altered versions of "Demand Annexation". Thus, I'm not yet sure how to react to this particular DD.

On a side note, its interesting to see "Magistrates". I wonder what they're for. And if that is indeed a Revolt Risk Mapmode, then this is something I'd definitely want. :D

I wonder if maybe magistrates could be used to speed up gaining cores or something?

Hey check it out: theres a distance mapmode for colonisations now (I assume thats what the ship & arrow icon is)

:rolleyes:

Specifics please. For all we know, those could just be altered versions of "Demand Annexation". Thus, I'm not yet sure how to react to this particular DD.

On a side note, its interesting to see "Magistrates". I wonder what they're for. And if that is indeed a Revolt Risk Mapmode, then this is something I'd definitely want. :D

I cannot give you specifics on the HRE reform decisions at this time, but they are a chain of major administrative reforms leading up to unification.

And yes, that is a revolt risk map mode. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.