• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Next release will have map changes.

Would be great. Especially 2-province Sicily and insanely shaped Argolis, containing also real Attica, make me mad.

PS. Hardradi, could you think of adding climate and according attrition modifiers to your mod (as in RIMP)? That's a nice way of implementing a feature very needed and obvious, yet for some absurdal reason left out by PI.

Adding climate effects, I dont see why not. Its just a matter of getting around to it sometime. The big effect in gameplay terms from RIMP modifiers appears to be the attrition modifers. Does this unfairly damage the AI ?

I could also implement it they same way that the river trade modifier is implemented.

Adding climate effects, I dont see why not. Its just a matter of getting around to it sometime. The big effect in gameplay terms from RIMP modifiers appears to be the attrition modifers. Does this unfairly damage the AI ?

I could also implement it they same way that the river trade modifier is implemented.

From old RIMP games I don't remember any significant sign of AI crippled by climate attrition.
BTW, for myself I transplanted climates and winters from RIMP to Epigoni, tweaking them here and there (based on temporary climate and temperature maps). Exactly the way you made river trade, because it was also made like this in RIMP. So, if you'd like to include this feature but save some time let me know, I'll send you the files.

Hardradi, are you planning on adding any more tribes? I personally think more tribes would be a great addition to the game as people often complain about the lack of playable factions, and WC being too easy.

Yes, I plan to add more tribes. Mainly in Germania on the vanilla map. Maybe more with map changes and if an extended map is implemented.

Sounds good.

I have a suggestion about the Jerusalem Temple modifier. I think that instead of giving a bonus to omens(which would be quite strange as the non-jews spread nasty rumors about the temple, like that the Jews were worshipping a golden donkey in it), why not instead give it a bonus to taxes? This would make sense because each year, the jews of the world would pay a temple tax to pay for repairs, and sacrifices. The leftover money would then be put into public funds. I also think that the modifier should give an increased revolt risk, as crowd control was a major problem during Jewish festivals, riots often grew out of control at the festivals, sparking major revolts.

Cool suggestion, I like the idea of the tax bonus and the corresponding penalty for revolts.

I will put in a local tax modifier and revolt penalty.

With the omen chance dont you think it should stay in ? Logically without a temple the "omens" would be less likely to work.

Cool suggestion, I like the idea of the tax bonus and the corresponding penalty for revolts.

I will put in a local tax modifier and revolt penalty.

With the omen chance dont you think it should stay in ? Logically without a temple the "omens" would be less likely to work.

I don't think it should stay in, as Judaism was viewed with suspicion due to the odd nature of it being Monotheistic, and forbidding images of humans. It might make sense if Judea was independent, but Judea rarely becomes independent. Perhaps a decision could be made converting the Second Temple into a cult center of the Romano-greek religion, which would thus grant the omen modifier, but at a major increase to revolt risk. If Judea actually became independent, under a Jewish ruler, perhaps a modifier could trigger granting the Judeans the omen modifier, if Judea was reconquered, then the omen modifier would dissapear. I don't know that that's possible though.

I noticed a minor historical error. In the liberators war scenario, Judea is allied to Rome when it should be allied to the rebels.

I agree, I have actually included it for some of the greek nations that Rome historically released (Thessaly comes to mind) but the decision block I put in place stops Rome from accessing it.

I will fix this in the next version. Have you got any suggestions for others ?

Greek wise off the top of my head, I can think of

- Thessaly; and
- Euboea.

These were both done to weaken the Macedonian State but without Rome commiting to a mainland greek empire.

The Romans were prone to using client kingdoms with rulers of their choice, particularly among the barbarian nations. Modding this in with three strategic options from Luttwarks Grand Strategy of the Roman Empire would be nice. I have done some preliminary research/work on the three strategies and it will be the next feature I will include.

I would be severely impressed if you got Luttwak's theories in Epigoni.

Germania

Salve...
I've read Tacitus, and then I play Epigoni, but I think that this mod is so poor of german tribe. I know that at the time of the game we have not so much information about german people, but Caesar's Gallic War speak of german people (not so much, but better than nothing) and Tacitus in Germany give us many information about this part of world. The problem is that this information are given late but we can use this information for the III BC, maybe are not histrically 100% but I think that can it be 70%, and is good...

So I do some little modification suitable for Epigoni: I have created Chatti, Cherusci, Chauci, Langobardi and Suioni, with a little think of diplomacy.
Also Cimbri with some event on 113/101 BC will be a good idea for future...

If you are interested I can send the material, maybe there is something not so bad, or a little interesting for Epigoni...

Greetings

I would be severely impressed if you got Luttwak's theories in Epigoni.

It wont be a massive feature a few simple decisions, with different modifiers depending on the decision along the lines of:

1) client states and mobile armies
2) frontiers and preclusive defence
3) defence in depth

I am thinking that I will only allow it for nations with the Imperium government types.

Salve...
I've read Tacitus, and then I play Epigoni, but I think that this mod is so poor of german tribe. I know that at the time of the game we have not so much information about german people, but Caesar's Gallic War speak of german people (not so much, but better than nothing) and Tacitus in Germany give us many information about this part of world. The problem is that this information are given late but we can use this information for the III BC, maybe are not histrically 100% but I think that can it be 70%, and is good...

So I do some little modification suitable for Epigoni: I have created Chatti, Cherusci, Chauci, Langobardi and Suioni, with a little think of diplomacy.
Also Cimbri with some event on 113/101 BC will be a good idea for future...

If you are interested I can send the material, maybe there is something not so bad, or a little interesting for Epigoni...

Greetings

I have done some work on the German tribes. I have looked beyond 27BC (the game period) particularly at the Wars of Drusus the Elder and Tiberius to see what tribes are relevant. I am also implementing a new form of government which I will roll out to a few other cultures as well. The government will be called "Clan Confederacy" a weakened form of tribe. I will also beak up the Suebi nation at the start of the game. So far pre-map modding I have:

- add Sicambri (West Germanic)
- add Cheruscii (West Germanic)
- add Frisii (West Germanic) - I might split this into two tribes if I did some map modding
- add Chauci (West Germanic)
- add Caluconi (Suebi)
- add Semnoni (Seubi)
- add Chatti (Seubi)
- add Mediomatrici (Celts)
- add Triboci (Seubi)
- add Ubii (West Germanic)
- add Treveri (Celts)
- also want to add in Marcomanni as a migrating tribe

Were the Langobardi relevant close to this time period ?
By Suioni due you mean Seubi ?

I dont know what to do with the Cimbri-Teuton invasion. I have had no bright ideas. There is just know way to get them to penetrate through all the other tribes unless I treated them like a province modifier.

I just thought I should say thanks now that I've spent way too much free time on the mod. Good job so far.

Thanks mate. Gaming is a time killer. I have been a bit sleep deprived lately after playing to much multiplayer M&B Warband.

I have done some work on the German tribes. I have looked beyond 27BC (the game period) particularly at the Wars of Drusus the Elder and Tiberius to see what tribes are relevant. I am also implementing a new form of government which I will roll out to a few other cultures as well. The government will be called "Clan Confederacy" a weakened form of tribe. I will also beak up the Suebi nation at the start of the game. So far pre-map modding I have:

- add Sicambri (West Germanic)
- add Cheruscii (West Germanic)
- add Frisii (West Germanic) - I might split this into two tribes if I did some map modding
- add Chauci (West Germanic)
- add Caluconi (Suebi)
- add Semnoni (Seubi)
- add Chatti (Seubi)
- add Mediomatrici (Celts)
- add Triboci (Seubi)
- add Ubii (West Germanic)
- add Treveri (Celts)
- also want to add in Marcomanni as a migrating tribe

Were the Langobardi relevant close to this time period ?
By Suioni due you mean Seubi ?

I dont know what to do with the Cimbri-Teuton invasion. I have had no bright ideas. There is just know way to get them to penetrate through all the other tribes unless I treated them like a province modifier.

Wonderful! I'll wait for this...

Langobardi: Tacitus mention this people about his military power, I have to read Paolo Diacono, Historia Langobardorum, to see if there's some information at this time, but I don't remember nothing relevant...

Suiones are, for Tacitus, are the people of the south Scandinavian region, the ancestors of Sweden, mentioned as trader with a strong monarchy; Tacitus speak also about their ships, suitable for river and close coastal navigation...

I have also found in Wikipedia a good page about germans, with some maps of the german spread in this time. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Germanic_peoples
And now I'm searching for archaeological publication about iron age in germany.

For Cimbri/Teutoni, the only thing is put them as allies with military access on the other german tribe, but the problem is to move their army from Jutland to Gaul and Italy...