+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 335

Thread: Epigoni mod

  1. #21
    Courtier Sam L's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDeus VultDivine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    March of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSengoku
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors Edition
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res Publica

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    At court in Melun, Paris
    Posts
    1,440
    Hi

    I tried this mod. It looks really good and I love the new features you have going. But I'm having problems with the Dynasty screen. See attached. With the parents and siblings.

    Also, I don't know if this is normal but some characters' faces look discolored and just scary.
    Attached Images
    Traits: Thrifty clerk, Poet, Kind, Deceitful, Charitable, Wroth, Proud, Ambitious, Arbitrary, Homosexual, Zealot

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by lucaluca View Post
    this mod looks very interesting, i think I'll try it. But why some women would have to objective of being royal concubine? I mean they would rather marry than being a concubine
    Some women like to take a ride on the wild side before they settle down. Also I want to make two types of concubines, willing and unwilling. Those with the objective "Become Royal Concubine" will be willing.

    Quote Originally Posted by Darkarbiter View Post
    Ooh, good to see someone actually had heard of my old mod.

    I'm playing again and I'm likeing a lot of what the patches have done, but there's a few gameplay features (and country colours) that are pissing me off atm. I think I'm gonna have to fix these and start up another little mod.

    What's your opinion on my decision to make the Seleucids Macedonian?
    I agree with the decision, they should be Macedonian. I imagine when I get to the east I will probably treat them as Macedonian. Next stop is Iberia.

    Manpower and culture is something I would like to take a look at some time. The ability to draw manpower from different cultures for your armies should be a law or decision with the appropriate benefits and penalties.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sam L View Post
    Hi

    I tried this mod. It looks really good and I love the new features you have going. But I'm having problems with the Dynasty screen. See attached. With the parents and siblings.

    Also, I don't know if this is normal but some characters' faces look discolored and just scary.
    Sam, not sure whats going on there, I cant replicate it at my end. I think you might have to re-download and/or re-instal the mod. Did you extract the files to your mod directory ?

  3. #23
    Courtier Sam L's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDeus VultDivine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    March of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSengoku
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors Edition
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res Publica

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    At court in Melun, Paris
    Posts
    1,440
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardradi View Post


    Sam, not sure whats going on there, I cant replicate it at my end. I think you might have to re-download and/or re-instal the mod. Did you extract the files to your mod directory ?

    I tried again. Unfortunately, it's still the same. Everything else seems to be fine.
    Traits: Thrifty clerk, Poet, Kind, Deceitful, Charitable, Wroth, Proud, Ambitious, Arbitrary, Homosexual, Zealot

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam L View Post
    I tried again. Unfortunately, it's still the same. Everything else seems to be fine.
    I just downloaded my mod from this thread and installed it into a virgin copy of the EU - R/mod (Version 2.2) directory and it works fine. Ptolemy the 1st has no issues.

    What version of the game are you using ?
    Are you extracting/installing it into the mod directory ?

    Can anyone else confirm this ?

  5. #25
    Courtier Sam L's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDeus VultDivine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    March of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSengoku
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors Edition
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res Publica

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    At court in Melun, Paris
    Posts
    1,440
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardradi View Post
    I just downloaded my mod from this thread and installed it into a virgin copy of the EU - R/mod (Version 2.2) directory and it works fine. Ptolemy the 1st has no issues.

    What version of the game are you using ?
    Are you extracting/installing it into the mod directory ?

    Can anyone else confirm this ?
    I'm running Rome Gold with Patch 2.3 Beta - that one that just came out.

    I'm wondering whether this is just a problem with graphics? I don't have any other problems with the game or the mod.
    Traits: Thrifty clerk, Poet, Kind, Deceitful, Charitable, Wroth, Proud, Ambitious, Arbitrary, Homosexual, Zealot

  6. #26
    Ah, maybe its something to do with the new patch. Epigoni is only for 2.2.

    EDIT: Confirmed, it is Beta 2.3 that is causing the problem. Quite funny actually Pyrrhus is the father and mother of almost everyone in the game.

  7. #27
    Courtier Sam L's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDeus VultDivine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    March of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSengoku
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors Edition
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res Publica

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    At court in Melun, Paris
    Posts
    1,440
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardradi View Post
    Ah, maybe its something to do with the new patch. Epigoni is only for 2.2.
    Oh okay. That's probably it!
    Traits: Thrifty clerk, Poet, Kind, Deceitful, Charitable, Wroth, Proud, Ambitious, Arbitrary, Homosexual, Zealot

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardradi View Post
    Some women like to take a ride on the wild side before they settle down. Also I want to make two types of concubines, willing and unwilling. Those with the objective "Become Royal Concubine" will be willing.



    I agree with the decision, they should be Macedonian. I imagine when I get to the east I will probably treat them as Macedonian. Next stop is Iberia.
    I'm reading a book where it states that the Seleucids were indeed seen as Macedonians and the greeks in Bactria (mainly people from Thessaly) didn't accept their rule very well... however this would destroy their manpower, or the greek cities could be increased in population and number of freemen (i think macedonians would get 20% of manpower from same culture group)
    Byzantine.Hellenistic.Ottoman.Sogdian

  9. #29
    Crazy Cat Person. Meow! Moderator Qorten's Avatar
    62 games registered

    62

    200k clubArsenal of DemocracyCities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings II
    DungeonlandElven Legacy CollectionEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesDivine Wind
    For The GloryGettysburgHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineKing Arthur IILeviathan: WarshipsThe Kings CrusadeLost Empire - Immortals
    MagickaMajesty 2March of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionNaval War: Arctic Circle
    SengokuShip Simulator ExtremesSword of the StarsSword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler 2020
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesPride of NationsRise of Prussia
    CK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    Warlock 2: The ExiledEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaEUIV: Art of War

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Lost in time and space
    Posts
    4,018
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardradi View Post
    Ah, maybe its something to do with the new patch. Epigoni is only for 2.2.

    EDIT: Confirmed, it is Beta 2.3 that is causing the problem. Quite funny actually Pyrrhus is the father and mother of almost everyone in the game.
    Also all regiments in the game, no matter what nation or culture group are loyal to Pyrrhus. I like your mod very much and will play it once you fix this for the 2.3b patch. I'll probably produce a gameplay or history-book AAR for it.


    When I use this color I am speaking as a Moderator.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Qorten View Post
    Also all regiments in the game, no matter what nation or culture group are loyal to Pyrrhus. I like your mod very much and will play it once you fix this for the 2.3b patch. I'll probably produce a gameplay or history-book AAR for it.
    Thanks for the comment. Yes, it is pretty screwed up - I think I will call it the Pyrrhus Syndrome.

    I just hope 2.3 doesnt indirectly sabotage my mod.

  11. #31
    Veni, vidi, vici Cheexsta's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    MagickaEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldRome: Vae Victis
    Mount & Blade: WarbandEU Rome Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    2,574
    I've just ported Epigoni mod for 2.3 for my own games. It looks like Alexander the Great and Phillip II (and maybe a couple others) are to blame. They use up the same character ID's as characters already in your mod.
    EU: Rome, the way it should have been.
    Europa Imperialis Map Mod v0.1d

  12. #32
    Courtier Sam L's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDeus VultDivine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    March of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSengoku
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors Edition
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res Publica

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    At court in Melun, Paris
    Posts
    1,440
    So are you making it compatible with the BETA patch?
    Traits: Thrifty clerk, Poet, Kind, Deceitful, Charitable, Wroth, Proud, Ambitious, Arbitrary, Homosexual, Zealot

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam L View Post
    So are you making it compatible with the BETA patch?
    This weekend, if I can find the time.

  14. #34
    See post #1 for Beta Patch 2.3 compatible version.

    CHANGES in VERSION 1.21
    ----------------------
    Bugs
    - fixed flag tag for Cassandrian Kingdoms Rebels (thanks to mate0815 again)
    - fixed name change to Ptolemiac Kingdom (hopefully fixed)

    Objectives
    - adjust Enforcer objective so that it is only available to bodyguards (thanks for the suggestion mate0815)
    There is still something wrong with the name change of Egypt to the Ptolemiac Kingdom. It is causing the Ptolemiac Kingdom to shows up on the political map as a deep sky blue colour. I will fix it later.

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by lucaluca View Post
    I'm reading a book where it states that the Seleucids were indeed seen as Macedonians and the greeks in Bactria (mainly people from Thessaly) didn't accept their rule very well... however this would destroy their manpower, or the greek cities could be increased in population and number of freemen (i think macedonians would get 20% of manpower from same culture group)
    You can also change how much manpower you get from same culture group provinces. I've made it so that the Seleucids gain a little bit of manpower from from the eastern provinces but ~75% less from Greek ones (I've made civilization add 10% of it's value to manpower, i.e. 50 civ provinces add 5% manpower, which when previously you were getting -100% that's a fair bit extra).

    Are there any hardcoded things that make a governer more likely to rebel if he is not of the official state culture?

  16. #36
    First Lieutenant Kubelwagen's Avatar
    Victoria 2CK2: Holy KnightEuropa Universalis IV

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    كاليفورنيا
    Posts
    214
    Just wanted to drop in and say thanks. This is the first EUR mod I've tried and the difference between it and vanilla is staggering. I'm loving everything so far - keep up the great work
    I LOVE PITH HELMETS

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkarbiter View Post
    You can also change how much manpower you get from same culture group provinces. I've made it so that the Seleucids gain a little bit of manpower from from the eastern provinces but ~75% less from Greek ones (I've made civilization add 10% of it's value to manpower, i.e. 50 civ provinces add 5% manpower, which when previously you were getting -100% that's a fair bit extra).
    You mean this from static_modifiers:

    Code:
    same_culture_group = {
    	local_tax_modifier = -0.1		#10% penalty if same culture group but nothing else.
    	local_manpower_modifier = -0.8		#-80% penalty.
    }
    
    non_accepted_culture = {
    	local_tax_modifier = -0.3			#30% penalty if different culture
    	local_manpower_modifier = -1.0			#100% penalty on manpower.	local_revolt_risk = 1				#1% revolt risk!
    }
    Has anyone tested to see whether this could be altered by decisions or laws ?

    A historical precedent is the Ptolemies. They used newly trained native troops at the battle of Raphia which indirectly lead to a severe period of internal strife and argueably a cultural change.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kubelwagen View Post
    Just wanted to drop in and say thanks. This is the first EUR mod I've tried and the difference between it and vanilla is staggering. I'm loving everything so far - keep up the great work
    Thanks mate. Let me know if you have any ideas, suggestions or improvements. Also try out some of the other mods, they all have their own unique dynamics.

  18. #38
    First Lieutenant Kubelwagen's Avatar
    Victoria 2CK2: Holy KnightEuropa Universalis IV

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    كاليفورنيا
    Posts
    214
    Will do

    As an aside, due to my unfamiliarity with the EUR files... when I load the game occasionally the flags are messed up - two flags are shown as one, others don't show up, and so on. The first time I loaded up it looked like this, but I reloaded and it worked, somehow. Subsequent loads work and don't work fairly evenly. What would I need to do that to solve this issue, since now it seems persistent? Cheers
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Kubelwagen; 17-11-2009 at 20:30.
    I LOVE PITH HELMETS

  19. #39
    Looked through some of the files, and noticed that the Odrysian Kingdom and its civil war faction don't have flags. (i.e. no OKD and OKB flags exist)

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Kubelwagen View Post
    Will do

    As an aside, due to my unfamiliarity with the EUR files... when I load the game occasionally the flags are messed up - two flags are shown as one, others don't show up, and so on. The first time I loaded up it looked like this, but I reloaded and it worked, somehow. Subsequent loads work and don't work fairly evenly. What would I need to do that to solve this issue, since now it seems persistent? Cheers
    Looks like a real mess. I have not seen that before.

    1) What version of the game are you using ?
    2) What version of Epigoni Mod are you using 1.2 or 1.21 ?
    3) Did you instal it to your mod directory ?

    Quote Originally Posted by JeffSteel View Post
    Looked through some of the files, and noticed that the Odrysian Kingdom and its civil war faction don't have flags. (i.e. no OKD and OKB flags exist)
    Good pick up and thanks for letting me know.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts