• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hi Hardradi,

after a long time I am also back to EU:R and also to your mod.
Back in the past you told us that you get rid of Cursus Honorum. Now I see CH 2.2 is out. Are you planning to implement it again or are there still problems with your mod?

CH is an awesome mod but I dont think it has been tested enough in its own right. I may be wrong but I ended up trying to fix a lot of errors that were arising from CH rather than Epigoni.

Currently I dont have the mental capacity to review and fix gnosticdogma's code. I struggle with the title coding.

Perhaps I could implement a "dumbed" down verison of it.

Hello I would just like to say I appreciate putting this together and props to all those involved, it definately makes the EU Rome setting much more interesting. I have question, if I may, and I apologize if this has been asked somewhere else: what is the criteria for having the ability to make certain decisions? Primarily I mean becoming an empire and the the formation of the Antigonid/Argead dynasties? I know that you need 50 provinces to become an Imperium, but sometimes I dont have the option under the list. For example, as Antigonids the option is there when I start the game as Demetrius Poliorcetes, but the option is not there as Philip V. I was curious if this was intentional or if the options would perhaps eventually come up, or what. Either way, an excellent mod and may you have a fabulous day. Thank you.

Indeed, you need at least 50 provinces to become an empire. And also I think you have to be a kingdom first, for which you need 10 or 15 provinces I think, don't remember exactly. I'm pretty sure it's possible for any country to become an empire. I'm playing as Dacia which starts as a tribe and I gradually got the options to become a kingdom and then an empire. Hover over the circle with a question mark in it, near the button to enact the decision, and it will list the conditions that have to be met.

Hello I would just like to say I appreciate putting this together and props to all those involved, it definately makes the EU Rome setting much more interesting. I have question, if I may, and I apologize if this has been asked somewhere else: what is the criteria for having the ability to make certain decisions? Primarily I mean becoming an empire and the the formation of the Antigonid/Argead dynasties? I know that you need 50 provinces to become an Imperium, but sometimes I dont have the option under the list. For example, as Antigonids the option is there when I start the game as Demetrius Poliorcetes, but the option is not there as Philip V. I was curious if this was intentional or if the options would perhaps eventually come up, or what. Either way, an excellent mod and may you have a fabulous day. Thank you.

I just loaded the game as Philip V at 554AUC. If I open the Diadochi Decisions, it appears near the bottom of the list.

To refound the Argead empire you need all of the appropriate provinces plus:

Code:
country_decisions = {
	argead_empire = {
		potential = {
			and = {
				not = { exists = ARG } 
				has_civil_war = no
				ruler = { culture = macedonian }	
				has_country_flag = diadochi_decisions_open 
				or = {
					government = despotic_monarchy
					government = federal_monarchy
					government = aristocratic_monarchy
					government = imperium
					government = theocracy
				}
			}
		}

To refound the Antigonid Empire you need the appropriate provinces plus:

Code:
country_decisions = {
	antigonid_empire = {
		potential = {
			and = {
				not = { exists = ANE } 
				has_civil_war = no
				ruler = { has_title = title_antigonid_family }	
				has_country_flag = diadochi_decisions_open
				or = {
					government = despotic_monarchy
					government = federal_monarchy
					government = aristocratic_monarchy
					government = imperium
				}
			}
		}

Wow. Great to have you back HARDRADI! :)

Then I may be back playing Epigoni since it is truly a great mod. But my save game insisted on crashing, for unknown reasons.

When was the latest version released? which year does it go back to now?

Indeed, you need at least 50 provinces to become an empire. And also I think you have to be a kingdom first, for which you need 10 or 15 provinces I think, don't remember exactly. I'm pretty sure it's possible for any country to become an empire. I'm playing as Dacia which starts as a tribe and I gradually got the options to become a kingdom and then an empire. Hover over the circle with a question mark in it, near the button to enact the decision, and it will list the conditions that have to be met.

Founded an empire as Judea, so yes. I was previously a dictatorship, I think.

I think I'm going to be getting back to EU:R in the next few months.

I just wanted to say that Hardradi, you're one of the great members of this community. You improved my enjoyment of the game easily 3- or 400%.

Also, HOI3 is wonderfully addictive. Let me know if you start modding any of it.

Thanks for your nice comments S.

Yes, I have been modding and playing HOI3. Check out my AAR, it shows some of the new features I have added in. I havent released anything yet. There doesnt seem t be much interest in the HOI3 forums. They are already spoiled with some good mods.

I might role out a Scenario in the next few days.

So, just bought Rome yesterday (yay for the Amazon sale), so I I'd like to ask... (and lord knows if anyone sees this!)

What the are the pros/cons to this mod versus vanilla? I'm still stumbling around learning how to play this one, and on paper the stuff the mod changes seems excellent, but I still have my doubts. I want a solid (or as solid as I can hope!) experience for my first playthrough, so yeah, here I am asking.

I'll admit, the more varied government types is nice to see. I think what worries me is the fact that damn near all of Europe in the mod is filled with various single province tribes, while in the default it's just a few smatterings of em'.

So, just bought Rome yesterday (yay for the Amazon sale), so I I'd like to ask... (and lord knows if anyone sees this!)

What the are the pros/cons to this mod versus vanilla? I'm still stumbling around learning how to play this one, and on paper the stuff the mod changes seems excellent, but I still have my doubts. I want a solid (or as solid as I can hope!) experience for my first playthrough, so yeah, here I am asking.

CONS: Requires more PC power and will slow down your game performance. You may also be required to trim the save games after a while.

PROS: Expanded map (more provinces and bigger), more historical countries, characters, wars, expanded timeline (backwards) and more bookmarks. More traits, events, decisions, governments, titles, races, religions, etc.

I'll admit, the more varied government types is nice to see. I think what worries me is the fact that damn near all of Europe in the mod is filled with various single province tribes, while in the default it's just a few smatterings of em'.

There are still barbarian provinces but many historical tribal nations have also been added. Its a mixture.

This mod is really great, I can see lots of unused potential in EU:Rome. Really hope to see new version of Epigoni soon!