• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hi

I tried this mod. It looks really good and I love the new features you have going. But I'm having problems with the Dynasty screen. See attached. With the parents and siblings.

Also, I don't know if this is normal but some characters' faces look discolored and just scary.

Attachments

• error.JPG
    error.JPG
    159,3 KB · Views: 123
this mod looks very interesting, i think I'll try it. But why some women would have to objective of being royal concubine? I mean they would rather marry than being a concubine:p

Some women like to take a ride on the wild side before they settle down.:rolleyes: Also I want to make two types of concubines, willing and unwilling. Those with the objective "Become Royal Concubine" will be willing.

Ooh, good to see someone actually had heard of my old mod.

I'm playing again and I'm likeing a lot of what the patches have done, but there's a few gameplay features (and country colours) that are pissing me off atm. I think I'm gonna have to fix these and start up another little mod.

What's your opinion on my decision to make the Seleucids Macedonian?

I agree with the decision, they should be Macedonian. I imagine when I get to the east I will probably treat them as Macedonian. Next stop is Iberia.

Manpower and culture is something I would like to take a look at some time. The ability to draw manpower from different cultures for your armies should be a law or decision with the appropriate benefits and penalties.

Hi

I tried this mod. It looks really good and I love the new features you have going. But I'm having problems with the Dynasty screen. See attached. With the parents and siblings.

Also, I don't know if this is normal but some characters' faces look discolored and just scary.

Sam, not sure whats going on there, I cant replicate it at my end. I think you might have to re-download and/or re-instal the mod. Did you extract the files to your mod directory ?

Sam, not sure whats going on there, I cant replicate it at my end. I think you might have to re-download and/or re-instal the mod. Did you extract the files to your mod directory ?

I tried again. Unfortunately, it's still the same. :( Everything else seems to be fine.

I tried again. Unfortunately, it's still the same. :( Everything else seems to be fine.

I just downloaded my mod from this thread and installed it into a virgin copy of the EU - R/mod (Version 2.2) directory and it works fine. Ptolemy the 1st has no issues.

What version of the game are you using ?
Are you extracting/installing it into the mod directory ?

Can anyone else confirm this ?

I just downloaded my mod from this thread and installed it into a virgin copy of the EU - R/mod (Version 2.2) directory and it works fine. Ptolemy the 1st has no issues.

What version of the game are you using ?
Are you extracting/installing it into the mod directory ?

Can anyone else confirm this ?
I'm running Rome Gold with Patch 2.3 Beta - that one that just came out.

I'm wondering whether this is just a problem with graphics? I don't have any other problems with the game or the mod.

Some women like to take a ride on the wild side before they settle down.:rolleyes: Also I want to make two types of concubines, willing and unwilling. Those with the objective "Become Royal Concubine" will be willing.

I agree with the decision, they should be Macedonian. I imagine when I get to the east I will probably treat them as Macedonian. Next stop is Iberia.

I'm reading a book where it states that the Seleucids were indeed seen as Macedonians and the greeks in Bactria (mainly people from Thessaly) didn't accept their rule very well... however this would destroy their manpower, or the greek cities could be increased in population and number of freemen (i think macedonians would get 20% of manpower from same culture group)

Ah, maybe its something to do with the new patch. Epigoni is only for 2.2.

EDIT: Confirmed, it is Beta 2.3 that is causing the problem. Quite funny actually Pyrrhus is the father and mother of almost everyone in the game.:p

Also all regiments in the game, no matter what nation or culture group are loyal to Pyrrhus. I like your mod very much and will play it once you fix this for the 2.3b patch. I'll probably produce a gameplay or history-book AAR for it.

Also all regiments in the game, no matter what nation or culture group are loyal to Pyrrhus. I like your mod very much and will play it once you fix this for the 2.3b patch. I'll probably produce a gameplay or history-book AAR for it.

Thanks for the comment. Yes, it is pretty screwed up - I think I will call it the Pyrrhus Syndrome.

I just hope 2.3 doesnt indirectly sabotage my mod. :(

I've just ported Epigoni mod for 2.3 for my own games. It looks like Alexander the Great and Phillip II (and maybe a couple others) are to blame. They use up the same character ID's as characters already in your mod.

So are you making it compatible with the BETA patch?

See post #1 for Beta Patch 2.3 compatible version.

CHANGES in VERSION 1.21
----------------------
Bugs
- fixed flag tag for Cassandrian Kingdoms Rebels (thanks to mate0815 again)
- fixed name change to Ptolemiac Kingdom (hopefully fixed)

Objectives
- adjust Enforcer objective so that it is only available to bodyguards (thanks for the suggestion mate0815)

There is still something wrong with the name change of Egypt to the Ptolemiac Kingdom. It is causing the Ptolemiac Kingdom to shows up on the political map as a deep sky blue colour. I will fix it later.

I'm reading a book where it states that the Seleucids were indeed seen as Macedonians and the greeks in Bactria (mainly people from Thessaly) didn't accept their rule very well... however this would destroy their manpower, or the greek cities could be increased in population and number of freemen (i think macedonians would get 20% of manpower from same culture group)
You can also change how much manpower you get from same culture group provinces. I've made it so that the Seleucids gain a little bit of manpower from from the eastern provinces but ~75% less from Greek ones (I've made civilization add 10% of it's value to manpower, i.e. 50 civ provinces add 5% manpower, which when previously you were getting -100% that's a fair bit extra).

Are there any hardcoded things that make a governer more likely to rebel if he is not of the official state culture?

Just wanted to drop in and say thanks. This is the first EUR mod I've tried and the difference between it and vanilla is staggering. I'm loving everything so far - keep up the great work :D

You can also change how much manpower you get from same culture group provinces. I've made it so that the Seleucids gain a little bit of manpower from from the eastern provinces but ~75% less from Greek ones (I've made civilization add 10% of it's value to manpower, i.e. 50 civ provinces add 5% manpower, which when previously you were getting -100% that's a fair bit extra).

You mean this from static_modifiers:

Code:
same_culture_group = {
	local_tax_modifier = -0.1		#10% penalty if same culture group but nothing else.
	local_manpower_modifier = -0.8		#-80% penalty.
}

non_accepted_culture = {
	local_tax_modifier = -0.3			#30% penalty if different culture
	[U]local_manpower_modifier = -1.0			#100% penalty on manpower.[/U]	local_revolt_risk = 1				#1% revolt risk!
}

Has anyone tested to see whether this could be altered by decisions or laws ?

A historical precedent is the Ptolemies. They used newly trained native troops at the battle of Raphia which indirectly lead to a severe period of internal strife and argueably a cultural change.

Just wanted to drop in and say thanks. This is the first EUR mod I've tried and the difference between it and vanilla is staggering. I'm loving everything so far - keep up the great work :D

Thanks mate. Let me know if you have any ideas, suggestions or improvements. Also try out some of the other mods, they all have their own unique dynamics.

Will do :)

As an aside, due to my unfamiliarity with the EUR files... when I load the game occasionally the flags are messed up - two flags are shown as one, others don't show up, and so on. The first time I loaded up it looked like this, but I reloaded and it worked, somehow. Subsequent loads work and don't work fairly evenly. What would I need to do that to solve this issue, since now it seems persistent? Cheers :)

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    53,8 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:
Will do :)

As an aside, due to my unfamiliarity with the EUR files... when I load the game occasionally the flags are messed up - two flags are shown as one, others don't show up, and so on. The first time I loaded up it looked like this, but I reloaded and it worked, somehow. Subsequent loads work and don't work fairly evenly. What would I need to do that to solve this issue, since now it seems persistent? Cheers :)

Looks like a real mess. I have not seen that before.

1) What version of the game are you using ?
2) What version of Epigoni Mod are you using 1.2 or 1.21 ?
3) Did you instal it to your mod directory ?

Looked through some of the files, and noticed that the Odrysian Kingdom and its civil war faction don't have flags. (i.e. no OKD and OKB flags exist)

Good pick up and thanks for letting me know.