• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Is this mod compatible with the 2.36b patch?

I just started a game as Carthage.
At the very beginning I have no missions.
At day 2 I get the mission to improve relations with another nation and a popup telling me that I failed the mission to conquer Sicani.
I had no such mission, and even if I did, how would I accomplish it in 1 day?

I just wanted to say I love your mod. And it drew me back to playing Rome. Keep up the good work.
The Rome fanbase is small but dedicated to this neglected little paradox gem..

This mod is really great, I can see lots of unused potential in EU:Rome. Really hope to see new version of Epigoni soon!

Thanks for the support. There will be a new version soon but it will not contain many changes.

Is this mod compatible with the 2.36b patch?

I just started a game as Carthage.
At the very beginning I have no missions.
At day 2 I get the mission to improve relations with another nation and a popup telling me that I failed the mission to conquer Sicani.
I had no such mission, and even if I did, how would I accomplish it in 1 day?

Yeah Hardradi can you confirm the mod still works with 2.36b? This mod is vital in enjoying Rome :)
Thanks!

There are two files which need to be updated to make it compatible. Otherwise you might get some crashing. I will clean up a few bugs and pack it into a new release. Might be a week or two as I just got back from holidays and got hit with a REALLY bad flu.

Thanks for the support. There will be a new version soon but it will not contain many changes.
There are two files which need to be updated to make it compatible. Otherwise you might get some crashing. I will clean up a few bugs and pack it into a new release. Might be a week or two as I just got back from holidays and got hit with a REALLY bad flu.
Glad to hear! About the new version of course, not the flu. Get better mate! It's important to be alive:)

Glad to hear! About the new version of course, not the flu. Get better mate! It's important to be alive:)

Indeed, good to know you're still about!

Thanks god the mod is alive!

So just wondering I know that this mod decrease the manpower growth rate of some nations, which is really causing me problems while playing as Rome as I only get 600 manpower per month, is there anyway to increase the manpower per month without resorting to cheats?

For some reason Epigoni runs extremely slow compared to vanilla EU: Rome, I've tried looking into the performance thread, but none of the solutions posted there seem to work. Speed 5 in epigoni runs as fast as speed 2/3 in Vanilla, and it's quite bothersome since you don't always have things to do and therefore have to wait a very long time.
There is another guy who posted about this in 2011, but the problem didn't got fixed in that thread:
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?569103-Extreme-slow-down.

Does anyone have a clue how to solve this issue? I'm sorry if it's in the wrong thread, but this seems the only thread that seems a little bit alive at the moment. Thanks in advance.

For some reason Epigoni runs extremely slow compared to vanilla EU: Rome, I've tried looking into the performance thread, but none of the solutions posted there seem to work. Speed 5 in epigoni runs as fast as speed 2/3 in Vanilla, and it's quite bothersome since you don't always have things to do and therefore have to wait a very long time.
There is another guy who posted about this in 2011, but the problem didn't got fixed in that thread:

Does anyone have a clue how to solve this issue? I'm sorry if it's in the wrong thread, but this seems the only thread that seems a little bit alive at the moment. Thanks in advance.

This seems to happen with most mods that add a lot of content, for example on my laptop vanilla runs fine but mods such as Magna Terra are almost unplayable.

I haven't played for a while, and I'm eager for the next version compatible with the latest patch, so I forget... Is there a land grab decision in Epigoni? That is to say, if I occupy an enemy province for a period of time, I get a decision asking me if I want to annex it at a great infamy cost. I know RotA has this listed in its features, but I can't remember if this implemented in Epigoni also. I think it's a nice feature.

Indeed, good to know you're still about!

Thanks god the mod is alive!

Thanks

So just wondering I know that this mod decrease the manpower growth rate of some nations, which is really causing me problems while playing as Rome as I only get 600 manpower per month, is there anyway to increase the manpower per month without resorting to cheats?

In general I have reduced manpower by diversifying cultures. this is particularly the case at the start of the game.

From memory, grow your populations and pass laws to get Freemen. Also check the manpower tooltip in your largest population province. Also owning a province with a different culture and relgion will reduce manpower in that province. You can also use mercs.

This seems to happen with most mods that add a lot of content, for example on my laptop vanilla runs fine but mods such as Magna Terra are almost unplayable.

Patrick, maybe you could upload your save game file and I can have a look and see if anything is spamming and exasperating the game. Apart from that I dont know what else to do, the core game has limits.

Any update planned in next week or two?

Fingers crossed!

Working on it at the moment. Just have to add some more history...

I haven't played for a while, and I'm eager for the next version compatible with the latest patch, so I forget... Is there a land grab decision in Epigoni? That is to say, if I occupy an enemy province for a period of time, I get a decision asking me if I want to annex it at a great infamy cost. I know RotA has this listed in its features, but I can't remember if this implemented in Epigoni also. I think it's a nice feature.

Yes you can annex countries greater than one province. Its implemented through one of the features of Cheexsta's TCM mod.

Yes you can annex countries greater than one province. Its implemented through one of the features of Cheexsta's TCM mod.
I was actually referring to grabbing provinces under my occupation without peace negotiations. I occupy a province for long enough and I get an event asking me if I want to take control of the province for an infamy cost, without negotiating with the province's owner. This is good because it lets me grab just that one or two provinces I want, without having to occupy most of the country just to get the war score high enough to negotiate for them. And then I get an infamy penalty and that country has a CB on me if the province is a core.
Working on it at the moment. Just have to add some more history...
Best news today!