• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
AllmyJames - Let's say it straight. He's completely Bonkers! But what's really fun is that all his skills are still above 10 even though he's got crazed. With his highest skill intrigue being at 17! CK brides.... All I can say is thank God for DNA editor. And knowing the French they would be able of doing so. But they're busy for now. That one was all Hungary.

Enewald - Archduchy. Not kingdom. And they're still part of HRE. Would you refuse an offer like that? :p

PrawnStar - The new wife might be a good outlet. :D

Mr. Capiatlist
- Once again, thank God for DNA editor.

demokratickid
- Hungary! Not Austria! Silvester says thanks, and I have no idea what you mean by avatar update. :)

More batshit crazy adventures of Silvester this weekend!

[Silvester says thanks, and I have no idea what you mean by avatar update. :)

I mean its an update over the regular pic of medieval chicks we see from CK haha :)

So we have a supremely skilled, completely bonkers king with a knockout of a bride? AWESOME!

I found out something amazing! Posting pics of hawt chicks gives more comments! Who would've though, huh? :D

I just got Heavy Rain so the chances for the update to be here on Saturday are smaller. But considering you were so active I might decide to put my Dualshock 3 away and write the update.

By the way. I want all of you to go and vote in this badboy. http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?t=461272

It really means a lot to get an awAARd, and even if you won't vote for me (I wouldn't vote for me! By reading Ol' Lionheart you can see how much I improved over the time on this forum.) I would like you to vote for the others. It would mean a lot to them too. (Unless they're not as desperate for attention as me. :p)

And I told you Silvester will be something you haven't seen in the AARland yet. When you'll see what he does on the crusades.... Well, it's going to be awesome.

I don't think you are eligible for the Chalice under all three of its rules

According to the rules of the Chalice, Vesimir's Lionheart AAR IS eligible.

1) It finished in 2009.
2) It is complete.
3) It is listed as completed in the library.

Unless of course you thought he was referring to this AAR in which case your remarks are completely understandable ;)

According to the rules of the Chalice, Vesimir's Lionheart AAR IS eligible.

1) It finished in 2009.
2) It is complete.
3) It is listed as completed in the library.

Unless of course you thought he was referring to this AAR in which case your remarks are completely understandable ;)

OooooOOooOooOOooooo.... okay... now I get it. Sorry, Vesimir.

The comment is nowhere to be seen so I guess you deleted it. And as I haven't seen it, it's like it never existed. We cool. :D

Oh, and I quote "I wouldn't vote for me! By reading Ol' Lionheart you can see how much I improved over the time on this forum."

Just being silly old jump-to-conclusions me. :eek:o

Banner.png

While the coronation of Silvester was to be the biggest event to take place in London for a long time, the wedding nearly surpassed it. The celebration didn't stop and dragged on to include the wedding that took place a few days after the crowning. However, the coronation, the wedding, presents to the archduke of Hungary and the finishing of the building project started by William of England have drained the treasury to normal standards while before it was filled to the brim with treasures of the Roman empire. However none knew that the treasures were taken from the hands of dying romans and not the invading saracens.

Time passed quickly with Silvesters excentric behaviour not being payed attention to. He was more than adept at heading the state and when doing something important he seemed to focus on his task and behave properly. The only fact worrying the court was that the marriage was still not consumed, even though the marriage had taken place two years ago. Both the king and the queen were seen walking through the parks and talking, so it was possible that the queen was clarifying his mind so everyone believed that Silvester is being chivalrous and romantic, instead of being rash and alienating the queen.

Sægrim was surrounded. He was alone. There were no sounds of battle. He was alone. He was the last saxon. Heavy steps interrupted his thoughts as a man clad in plate armor with a gold crown on his head entered the throne room of Jerusalem. "Salutation! It's nice to finally meet you, Regent of the saxon kingdom of Jerusalem." The french king smiled and sheathed his sword. "I am Henri le Fort, king of France. And I ask you to surrender your weapons and kneel before me. There's no need for more bloodshed." The saxon regent looked at the man demanding him to kneel. A frenchman. He was supposed to kneel before a frenchman. His homeland kneeled before the french. His homeland killed his best friend, his homeland killed the Bretwalda! He wouldn't kneel. It would be an affront to Bard and every other saxon that died at their hands. Sægrim looked around. There was no way he could escape. The soldiers were equipped with hammers and clubs. They wanted to take him alive, he was sure of that. But he wouldn't let them. His mind was set, and he made the decision. "I would rather die at my own hand, than at the hand of some sodomite frenchman." With a quick move he raised his sword and plunged it into his stomach. As he fell to the floor with blood pouring out of him he gave one last look to Henri. "You may take our lives. But you shall not take our honour." As the last saxon was invited to the Dance Macabre by Death, Henri turned to his soldiers. "Well soldiers, go on to celebrate. The saxon scum has been exterminated, and what's most important... Jérusalem est le français!"

Shortly after the french invasion Anno Domini 1143, the Pope jumped at the chance of weakening the muslims even more. A crusade has been called to liberate the city of Alexandria from the Fatimids. Henri wanting or not had to join it. What the pope didn't expect however, was that a certain king from northern Europe will decide to join it too.

Silvester tried not to fall asleep and watched as the two merchants fought in front of him. He liked to help the common folk of London in their problems but he wished situations as this could be avoided. This was unbelievably boring. "That horse is mine! I bought it fair and square!" One of the merchants shouted at the other. "What?! You haven't paid me for it! You just said you're buying it and then a few days later you stole it!" Silvester was so bored he let his mind wander. He thought about the gray life in London. The rain, the forests, the dirty streets. And then he got a brilliant idea. Why stay here when he could go somewhere more exotic? He stood up and as the merchants slowly stopped squabling he proclaimed. "England shall complete the Almightys wish! Alexandria shall be freed from the muslim yoke!" As everyone tried to aknowledge what the king just said, one of the merchants brought the attention to himself. "But what about the horse?!" Silvester sighed and looked at the damned merchants. And then he realised what had to be done. It was so obvious he wondered why he didn't think of it earlier. "It's simple! We shall cut the horse in half and each one of you shall have a piece! This way everyone is happy." Silvester called his steward with his hand. "See to it that it's done." And as the merchants tried to understand what he just said, Silvester marched out of the throne room to start the preparations.

Nooooo! The French in Jerusalem!! :mad:

Time for Silvester to follow in the footsteps of Bard, and spend more time on crusade killing Christians than infidels!

Enewald - I find that part bad. I needed something to put the random crusade declaration in, and I thought of Solomon. But I can't shake off the feeling that I could've done it better.

Iain Wilson
- I had an idea about that but I decided it's to ridiculous, even for my tastes. What's the idea you ask? Some saxons managing to escape on a ship and somehow landing in west Africa..... I know. :p

AllmyJames
- Nah, Silvester is a proper crusader. He'll be killing muslims. And converting them. The converting might be a little strange though. But what should we expect from a mad man, huh? ;)

My my my. The Chalices are heating up! Glass of Fine Whine, de-Haroing adventures, and my very own Life and Deeds of Richart the Lionheart are leading. Each one has two votes. So go and vote! Make it clear to me if I'll win or if I won't.

I'm off to saving Albion now. (The Fable II one. For the third time.)

Hi,

Just to let you know that I've nominated thie author of this AAR for Character Writer of the Week for his creation of the lovable Bård.

Well done Vesimir - well deserved!

Iain

Well done Vesimir - well deserved!

ZOMG! Now that's awesome. Big thanks! Bård was a fun character to make. I had bigger plans for him initially but then I decided that I'd rather see a classical english culture. So I had to scrap him. Once again thanks.

You might have noticed the lack of an update. That's because I had trouble creating it. I'll try to put it up tonight but I'm not promising anything. So don't get your hopes up.

Banner.png

The crusade on Alexandria was to be known as the "Madmans expedition". 3/4 of the English army sailed for Egypt to entertain the king. Silvester insisted on sailing with them and so, England was once again placed under regency while its ruler was crusading.

After landing near Alexandria Silvester quickly destroyed the local muslim levies and continued unopossed all the way to the city of Alexandria. The english forces were greeted with silence and sadness which made the king very upset. He expected to see a city of a thousand lights. A city filled with laughter and celebration. What he saw was a big town covered in dust, its whole population silent and unfriendly. As always Silvester decided to solve the problem by himself as his forces took control of the city and guarded the walls.

As he looked at the city from the balcony he thought about how to implement his idea into live. The reason of this whole invasion was to crown himself Pharaoh. And he was greatly saddened when he found out that the people of Egypt have became muslims and the ancient gods have been destroyed. He didn't mention it to his generals, it was supposed to be a crusade after all. He already decided it would be best to do this by spy's and rebels. But it wasn't easy when the whole population was hiding away in their hovels. Instead of celebrating as he presumed. He sighed as he went back inside, maybe this whole thing wasn't a good idea after all. But that was a thing of the future. He still had to take control of the rest of Egypt and make sure the Fatimid caliphate staid out. And then he could put his plans into live, and then return home. Home.... To Victoria. Silvester smiled and closed his eyes. He could see her, he could almost touch her. But that was the future, he thought as he opened his eyes, and this is the present.

The crusade went smoothly. The army continued onwards to Cairo and that's where they met the biggest resistance yet. A ten thousand strong army commanded by some important infidel as the english thought, was in fact commanded by the son of the Caliph. Silvester once again shined, destroying the whole army with minimum losses on the side of the english forces. After taking the city of Cairo the army split into three forces. King Silvester with his guardians marched towards Giza as the king insisted on seeing the Piramids. The second force marched south to secure the back of the crusaders. The rest of the armies continued towards Kolzum near the Sinai, in hopes of establising a short, easy to defend border there.

The second force commanded by Edward de Galles, a prominent young general that hoped to gain much in the crusade, swiftly liberated the rest of Egypt and the orthodox Nubia that recently fallen under the yoke of the fatimids. However, de Galles didn't stop there. Without orders commanding such action, he continued southward certain that there were riches to be found. Leaving only five thousand of his fiteen to defend the newly conquered lands, he ordered the troops to wait for him as he would be back in two to three months. He never came back. Ten thousand men and one of the best generals England had, just vanished. And Europe wouldn't hear of them anytime soon.

The third force succeded in creating a defensive border at the Sinai peninsula, but they felt what was coming. The Fatimid Caliphate was returning from Arabia, and it was bent on retaking the heart of their empire. The fifteen thousand men prayed that the messengers sent to Giza would reach Silvester and the finest swords of England in time.

Piramids.jpg

The object of Silvesters fascination

Charles smiled. "And how can you prove that? I am after all one of his majestys closest friends" Humphrey grimaced and threw some coins on the table. "Not many people have acces to coins that haven't been released to the market yet. Charles looked at Silvesters image on the coin. It seemed as he was looking at him, and it was a sad look. The smile vanished from his face and he looked back up at Humphrey. "I'm not the only one with acces to those. This is prove only to one thing." He stood up from the table and looked at the spy master. "And that's being a very important person of the english court. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have more important things to do than answer your false accusations. Humphrey smiled and shouted as Charles walked out of the room. "We'll continue this conversation later!" He did exactly what he wanted to do. He saw the smile dissapear from his face. He had him. He had the murderer, and it wasn't really a suprise to him. Charles never really liked Silvester, he was sure of that. The thing is, Silvester didn't know about that. And he had to deal with the traitor before the king came back from the crusade. But it wasn't really a challenge. Now that Charles didn't feel so sure, he was bound to make some mistakes. Leave some clues. And he would find them.