• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Oh dear. Poor Silvester. Lots of arguments in your own head can't be fun. ;)

Still, if Nero manages to master the secrets of alchemy, that should solve England's money problems, eh? :D

Congrats! Well deserved!

CK is my favorite PI game, always a great thing to read CK AARs.

Enewald - The city of lights awaits! Mustapha came from nowhere. I suddenly found my court bigger by one Nubian muslim. I think he was in the court of a rebel in egypt in annexed and that's how he got into my court. Or something like that.

AllmyJames
- Especially when they're being mean. The voices that is. As for alchemy and magic... Well let's just say the simple people of the Medevial times believed anything they don't understand (And which the church never approved off.) to be magic. As for alchemy, he's more like a poison maker. Still, bottles and fumes = Alchemy.

Kapt Torbjorn - One hell of a first post. Big thanks!

mayorqw
- Sure I do! :p

arkcheung
- Well, I hope you'll keep enjoying what I do.

Iain Wilson - Sure it is! :D

AlexanderPrimus - I hope you'll like it. It gets better after the first updates, so don't run away at the beginning. :D

I'd like to thank you all for your congratulations and once again thank Torbjorn for the nomination. I'd also like to apologize for the emo drawing of Nero, but it seems the only thing kids draw these days is manga. I don't pay for it so I demand quality! Hear that deviantART?! Quality!

I'd also like you all to celebrate with me because, This AAR has gone over 10 000 views AND it's the tenth most wieved AAR on the CK AAR forums! Hurray!

Update soonish (As in weekendish.). I'll probably be continuing the White Wolf plot. (It's really hard to make an AAR with ENGLAND while trying to be historical in CK. Especially after the British Isles are already yours.)

Aw, so no lead into Gold after all? :(

I'd also like you all to celebrate with me because, This AAR has gone over 10 000 views AND it's the tenth most wieved AAR on the CK AAR forums! Hurray!

Congratulations!

Update soonish (As in weekendish.). I'll probably be continuing the White Wolf plot. (It's really hard to make an AAR with ENGLAND while trying to be historical in CK. Especially after the British Isles are already yours.)
Congrats.

You can always head down a new path. Maybe France decides that the rabble isn't fit to rule England and will attempt to put a more legitimate monarchy on the throne. You could have tensions between England + France, the French nobles arguing over who gets to be King when they win and the eventual war. Maybe a Breton gets the throne and soon the sons of Little Britain can return to Great Britain. That would be cool. :nods:

Congrats on all the views! I also like the satisfaction of watching the count tick up. Very satisfying. :)

Mr. Capiatlist - Or I could just go the classic way. Conquer half of Europe, wait for my uber monarch to die and be replaced by a 2 year old bastard, watch as the empire falls apart, then start from the beginning. :D Thing is, I can't be doing things like that all the time, and so, I have to drift away to other places in Europe.

Everyone - Thank you all!

I'm starting to make the update right now, but I don't promise anything. It may come with a delay tommorow.

Mr. Capiatlist - Or I could just go the classic way. Conquer half of Europe, wait for my uber monarch to die and be replaced by a 2 year old bastard, watch as the empire falls apart, then start from the beginning. :D Thing is, I can't be doing things like that all the time, and so, I have to drift away to other places in Europe.
Ah, but with something like this, you can drift... but it also stirs the map up... keeps things moving. ;)

WCs are overrated in my mind. :eek:o They get so boring (to read and play).

Banner.png

Murcia wasn't anything special, it was a city like any other. But that didn't mean there was no pleasure to be found in it. The wine for example was an interesting mix of roman taste and spanish grapes. And it was pretty good. He took a sip and looked above. The wiev was... suprising. Two bald men carrying clubs aren't something you'd want to see in front of you in a tavern. "Quite a party you have here." One of them looked at the tens of bottles lying on the table. "Your money, pretty boy. All of it." Drinking himself to oblivion didn't seem like such a great idea any more. "Well... I'm afraid I spent it all. But I'm sure we can come to an arrangement..." The faces of the bandits answered his last words. There were no windows near him and the only way outside was right through them. He was getting nervous.

Leo-tavern.jpg

Trouble seemed to follow him wherever he went...

And then he was rescued. A guard patrol entered the tavern. He smiled and watched as the two bandits looked at themselves then at him and left. He kept smiling until one of the guards pointed at him and started walking towards his table along witht the rest of the guards. He had no time to escape. he was once again surrounded. One of the guards threw a paper on the table. He picked it up and looked at a very good drawing of himself. "This is ridiculous..." As two guards grabbed him, the third proclaimed "Leo Dukas, you are arrested for theft, embezzlement, forgery, pickpocketing, counterfeiting, burglary, conspiracy to commit theft and murder." He was out of luck. Again. And things were supposed to be different here.

------------​

Nero felt out of place. He felt more comfortable in the tower with Mustapha. Among the nobles, pages and the splendour of Paris he felt strange. Some things though, he really liked. The building site of Notre Dame de Paris, a cathedral that was to be the biggest in all of Europe, was a sight to behold. The towers, even though incomplete were enormous, the hundreds of workers moving around. Amazing. He hoped he could one day build a cathedral like that in London. And then he remembered the tiny little fact that made that impossible. France was the richest nation of Europe, its cities prosperous and Paris, its capital, growing every day. England wasn't poor, but it wasn't rich either. He sighed and looked at Paris in all of its splendour. If only all those riches could be taken to England, and put into work there. France was rich enough after all. He sighed and stepped away from the window. It was time for his meeting with Jean de Meulan. Both his father and Mustapha told him to learn as much as he could while in the court. And Henri was more than happy to arrange meetings with the more important courtiers for him. De Meulan was supposed to teach him about people. What they feel, what they think, and what they'll do just by looking at them. Nero was intrigued, such an ability would be useful if it was real and not just a trick like the ones Mustapha taught him. Even though being able to do things others didn't understand was quite a treat.