• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Chapter 1.8: Are We Winning Yet?​

July of 1938 started well for the Red Army, with the retaking of Vladivostok, and the breaking of an encirclement in eastern Siberia. The Japs continued to push into the siberian wastes, eventually penetrating manchuria.

By the 4th the forces of the PLA were working to reconnect with the beleagured forces on the coast, as the japanease had cut the supply lines at yucheng, but the advance continued unabated for the heroic forces of the Red Army.

The capture of Vladivostok was short lived, as fresh Japanese troops forced the 3ya korpus out and encircled them with their backs to the sea. the Red Navy in the pacific used its one transport to begin witdrawing the korps, but time would tell if it would be enough.

The fight in western China became one that the forces of communisim were proud of, sweeping down to liberate the puppets of the imperialist japanese, at the gates of chonquing for the the third time, with its many factories coveted by mao for the peoples cause.

By the 13th, the heroic forces of the Red Army had linked up with their comrades on the coast, delivering the supplies that they needed to continue to fight the imperialists.

the fight in siberia is going poorly, but the fight for china is going well. the forces of liberation hope to get this wrapped up by early '39.

Last edited:
i have no idea who's reading this these days but i have swine flu, so game play updates are going to slow down for the time being. but if you have an idea for a flavor update let me know.

Ow, all I can say is get well soon.

Foreign reaction to the war...I'll see about that.

We're both quite busy with RL, so not a lot of time to play...things are going to get better for the Japs so far. Once I really get my gearing bonuses (full Drafted Army FTW) rolling on my INF, MIL, and MTN, though...

Chapter 1.9: Victory is Coming... We think.​

August started with problems of encirclement on the coast, leaving the red army out of supply (again) but the red air force is flying ground attack missions with close air support all over the hordes of the imperialist foe, hopefully breaking the enemy.

Unfortunately the situation turned from bad to worse when the encircled forces were pushed back further into a deep encirclement, with the PLA committing to the rescue. It would be a race to see if a few korps on the coast, and Nanjing could be saved.

In the west, more fighting continued over heavily disputed Chonqing, with Japanese and PLA forces fighting in a see-saw back and forth battle that has ravaged the infrastructure in western China.

In the Far Far East, the situation looks grim for the USSR, as the divisions counting trees seem to be multiplying... well i guess theres nothing else to do in Siberia. In all seriousness Stalin is yelling at people and threatening a second purge unless someone does something about those provinces.

Up next time... Image Corruption!

Last edited:
He's not kidding about infrastructure. It's not on a screenie, but Ya'an and Chengdu are at around 1.something% infra right now, and Chongqing is around 5%.

And btw Alexon...this is '36. Stalin hasn't purged the FIRST time yet ;)

D'oh.

i have no idea who's reading this these days but i have swine flu, so game play updates are going to slow down for the time being. but if you have an idea for a flavor update let me know.

It seems the plutocratic bourgeoisie are attempting to derail your world revolution!

It seems the plutocratic bourgeoisie are attempting to derail your world revolution!

Yep. School, illness, various other activities...we haven't played in about two weeks :mad:

Anyways, cause it was requested, here's an update from various news sources.

Excerpt from the New York Times, September 28, 1938

Reds vs Whites, round two:

The Eastern War continues, as the Comintern and Japanese Empire continue their war. With the capitulation of the Republic of China years ago, Mao Zedong's Communist regime has declared itself to be the only China, and seeks revenge, along with the Soviet Union, for previous humiliations at Japan's hands. The People's Liberation Army, as the Communist militia in China styles itself, has grown from a few hundred thousand to nearly a million strong, and is amply demonstrating its ability to fight the Japanese Army, undefeated in modern history, to a standstill. Many credit their success to the ability to blend native guerrilla warfare with Soviet-style massed assaults, resulting in abrupt changes in battle conditions which the Japanese are simply unable to cope with. One particularly enigmatic Chinese general, Lin Biao, is said to be responsible for much of these innovations. It is rumored that he is the leader of the Eighth Route Army, the elite shock force of the PLA composed of the core of China's veterans, similar to that of Napoleon's Old Guard or the Persian Immortals. Sources from within Nanjing have remarked upon the extraordinary morale, leadership, and fighting spirit of Communist militiamen, which seems to more then make up for their inferior equipment...

Excerpt from the Times, September 16, 1938

Bolsheviks are back!

In the Far East, the Communist menace continues its war of aggression against the Japanese Empire. After annexing its ally Manchuko in 1937, the Reds are still not satisfied, and are spreading their scourge to another Japanese ally, the Republic of China. Reports of depredations upon helpless farmers are many, and their details closely match the gruesome stories of the Russian Revolution in 1917. Japan's Emperor, Hirohito, pledged the full effort of the Japanese nation to defeat the Red bandits and restore law and order to China one week ago, and we are pleased to report that the Imperial Japanese Army have surrounded Red forces in Nanjing and are proceeding to destroy them, after which the government of China, led by Wang Jingwei, will be restored to its rightful position. In addition, the industrial center of Chengdu, vital to producing living necessities for the Chinese people, has been retaken by the Chinese Army, aided by its Japanese allies. Horrified cries could be heard across the countryside as the guardians of justice found that vital machinery for goods such as milk powder and bandages had been destroyed by the Communist dogs in spite and anger at their own incompetent military. All subjects of His Majesty in Hong Kong are warned to be on the lookout for Communists infiltrating the Chinese community there...

Excerpt from Pravda, September 20, 1938

Thunder in the East!

Comrades! Our heroic Chinese revolutionary allies, with the aid of the Red Army, are retaking the industrial center of Chengdu from the greedy clutches of the Japanese imperialists! Not satisfied with their ill-begotten gains from crushing the pitiful resistance of the previous imperial regimes ruling our glorious Communist nations, they seek to take even more from the hands of the People. Except this time, under the leadership of Comrades Stalin and Mao, the workers have stood up and shouted 'NO!' to the fat pig that the Japanese call an emperor! We have been informed by Comrade Molotov personally of the insulting letter the Japanese call a peace proposal, which proposed that, in addition to giving up every inch of ground bought with heroes' blood, Vladivostok also be ceded! Clearly, the imperialists think of us as no better then the Tsarist pigs we cast down. We will show them that we are made of sterner stuff! In fact, it was reported that Comrade Stalin, when given the so-called peace proposal, flew into such a fury that he picked up his table and hurled it out the window of the Kremlin! Their pig of an ambassador, if he has any sense, won't be returning anytime soon...

In case anyone's still reading this AAR, Alexon47 is in Quebec, which means our Worldwide Redvolution has kind of ground to a halt for now.

Don't worry though...we're still planning to continue this!

News update a few posts up in case anyone missed it.

Good to know.

(The Komissar steps away, happy that his fellow comrades are still working. He will report to the central comitee about their devotion)