• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(140338)

Captain
6 Badges
Apr 23, 2009
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Divine Wind
  • Rome Gold
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Pillars of Eternity
Alexon47 here folks, a while ago thegreatchairman and that we needed to write an aar, mostly because we'd both been playing hoi for years with each other as we went to the same high school, and german class provided ample time to conquer the world. (some would call this irony). anyways, now that he is in the public system, and i have taken more of a disregard then usual to my education we have...
THE EAST IS RED... A COMINTERN AAR
Normal/Furious
full ic and tech team takeover
Alexon47 leading the USSR, the Great Chairman as ComChi

Chapter 1: Unification

On the 1st 1936 when the USSR under Stalin decided to look to its eastern border, towards chinese territory, in hopes to expand and gain resources to power a worldwide revolution. so on January 9th the Communist Chinese joined the small Comintern to grow the members to Mongolia, Tanu Tuva, the USSR, and now Communist China.

It was at this point when most of Asia decided to declare war on the Russian people. these forces consisted of all of the Chinese cliques, as well as a much greater problem, the rising sun from the east had declared war upon the Soviets, and had started to pour in allies from Manchuria onto Russian soil. the Sinkiang clique who was allied with the Japanese poured into western mongolia while the japanese poured north to stand at the gates of Ulan Bator

As Mao stood, opressed on all sides, but making small gains everywhere, the soviets rushed to his aid. Mao's revolutionary armies were running out of supplies, but Stalin prommised him that he would have support... all around him by March 16th. But would Mao hold out?

Table of Contents

Chapter One

Chapter 1.2: The Little War That Could

Chapter 1.3: The Japanese Intervention

Chapter 1.4: A Blaze Of Orange

Chapter 1.5: The Southern See-Saw

Interlude One: First excerpt of "Marching for Mao"

Chapter 1.6: A War Unknown to the World

Chapter 1.7: Of Oaks and Elms

Chapter 1.8: Are we winning yet?

Chapter 1.9: Victory is coming...we think.

Interlude Two: News Reports From Around The World.

Interlude Three: Internal Communique to the Emperor.

-------End Of Chapter One-------

Chapter Two

Chapter 2.0: The East is Orange

Interlude Four: State of the Soviet Armed Forces

Chapter 2.1: Peace? Yob tvoyu mat!

Chapter 2.2: From Russian ice to Chinese seas

Chapter 2.3: A Freezing Cold War

Chapter 2.4: The Sun is Setting, the Whites are Bleeding

Interlude Five: Second excerpt of "Marching for Mao"

Chapter 2.5: A Christmas Present for Stalin

Chapter 2.6: The Finnish(ed) Pocket

Interlude Six: Third excerpt of "Marching for Mao"

Chapter 2.7: Looting Lhasa, Pillaging Paris

Interlude Seven: The Dragon Awakes

Chapter 2.8: 1940

Chapter 2.9: So it begins

-------End Of Chapter Two-------

Chapter Three

Interlude Eight: Fourth excerpt of "Marching for Mao"

Chapter 3.0: Voyna!

Chapter 3.1: Stop the Nazi charge!

Winner of the delicious cookie award of sovietamerika​

Last edited:
TRP supports this AAR!

Great stuff, intervening in the CSW is allways an interesting opening move for the USSR. If you can unite the PRC, they become an insanely powerfull enemy later on (heaps of MTN).

March on, comrade, and reclaim the Asian lands from the claws of Western imperialism and it's fascist warlords!

Looks good so far. A Soviet intervention in China is always interesting, especially when the Japanese come into play later. I'll be watching

So we've played to around '38 right now, and...it's been interesting. Lots of encirclements by the DAIM AI, including a particularly nasty one in the north...I think the best thing alexon has been getting out of intervention here is the Soviet Union Gears Up for War events, which did a lot to cushion the blow of Great Purge in March.

BTW, I'll be modding ComChi's Land Doctrine to Infiltration Assault, because it fits what we see for China by the early 50s (Korea) so much more then Human Wave. And yes to TRP, I'm planning on corps of MTN/INF/INF as my main force, with MTN/MTN/MTN as shock forces. I've already got one, with my starting 3 60 exp MTNs (now around 70 exp) under Lin Biao. Maybe build some MAR later on too, since Infiltration Assault has great production bonuses for them.

Hmm a collaborative communist AAR, interesting!
I'm suscribed.

Best of luck, Comrade. Crush the Capitalist warlords!

Does anyone know of a quick way to upload batches of pictures at once...? Would help a lot, especially considering both me and Alexon47 are taking screenies.

Chapter 2, Now with Screen Shots

Not to get ahead of ourselves here but....

Chapter 1.1: The little war that could​

to go forward we must first step back, primarily so that we can see what Stalin was researching to help their great allies in the east.

As the Chinese opressed those communists who fought for their liberty, the Japanese relented against the great Red Army, and begged for peace, ceding the northern half of the Korean peninsula in war reparations.

this let the heroic forces of mao's army to push deeper into the chinese heartland, striking deep with new support from they're allies in the west.

As the war dragged on into June, with the communists gains still being rather small, japan moved in on the the Nationalists after the Marco Polo Bridge incident, and the Guangxi Clique Attacked southern china, leaving the nationalists with enemies on three sides.

As the Soviets sent Materiel to the Spanish Civil War, and the Chinese expanded south into the heartland as well as into into Xibei San Ma

Now with the Nationalists being pushed from three sides, it's a race to see who will grab the most from the dying nationalist empire.

Last edited:
I think the biggest difficulty here is pushing through Tianshui-Baoji-Xi'an, considering the mountain terrain, river, and the Nationalist stacks on the other side. You can't see it from here, but Chiang Kai-Sheck has got around 6 INF in Xi'an at this point, and Baoji is similarly defended. Hence why the currently developing attack on Tianshui got pushed back as soon as my boys got there :p

Also: the screenie missed it, but a few hours later ENG, GER, and ITA supported their respective Spains as well. Looks like the French are sitting this one out...guess they still have bad memories from the Peninsular campaign? :p Ironic, given that the participants in the Sixth Coalition (Russia, Germany, England, and Naples/Sardinia which I'm counting as Italy) are all involved. Must be some serious Napoleonic War vibes...

Last edited:
seems epic.
DO WANT!

TRP supports this AAR!

Great stuff, intervening in the CSW is allways an interesting opening move for the USSR. If you can unite the PRC, they become an insanely powerfull enemy later on (heaps of MTN).

March on, comrade, and reclaim the Asian lands from the claws of Western imperialism and it's fascist warlords!

Thanks TRP, i drew more then a little inspiration from TCP and Last Legs.

Looks good so far. A Soviet intervention in China is always interesting, especially when the Japanese come into play later. I'll be watching

Well we allready broke the civil war, how many more can we destroy?

This =cute.
Soviets = very cute.
Allied Soviets = FUCKING EPIC!

woo, quantum thinks i'm cute!!! *dances*

seems epic.
DO WANT!

tell you what, next time mien kamerade is over to play i'll let you guys know, but due to our schedules this is going to be a long term project. i still hope to post twice a week, though!

Thanks TRP, i drew more then a little inspiration from TCP and Last Legs.

I just hope this won't turn out to be Communism's Last Legs...IIRC China is the ONLY country you can send over 60% dissent with nukes alone, due to MP (Guangzhou has like 20+, and Shanghai and Nanjing are almost as big).

tell you what, next time mien kamerade is over to play i'll let you guys know, but due to our schedules this is going to be a long term project. i still hope to post twice a week, though!

It's 'mein'. We can tell who's the better German speaker here.

I just hope this won't turn out to be Communism's Last Legs...IIRC China is the ONLY country you can send over 60% dissent with nukes alone, due to MP (Guangzhou has like 20+, and Shanghai and Nanjing are almost as big).

It's 'mein'. We can tell who's the better German speaker here.

Communism's Last Legs, lol. If it does, I demand Fascism's Last Legs.

Anyway, good luck as usual.

As Promised, Post 2 of the week

Chapter 1.2 The Japanese Intervention​

the extent of the Japanese intervention into china in july

This Is Red Freedom Radio September 8th 1936. Nationalist soldiers, if you hear this, lay down your arms and you will be welcomed by your communist brothers. your leaders have lied about the disposition of your forces, and your liberators will bring the truth.

In late July the Japanese continued to push southward towards Nanjing, and quickly pacifying the nationalist populace. The nationalists have forced a last bastion of defense against the invaders from across the sea at Hiefei, hopefully to prevent the two enemy forces from linking up.

On the Communist front, the heroic forces of the PLA have defeated the force at Xi'an. and claimed Tsianshui from the nationalists. Comrade Mao is said to have lead the charge of his long march veterans into Xi'an with a PPSH in hand and a war cry in his lips, as the grateful populace came out for the victory parade of his men through the streets, where The Great Liberator made a speech to fill them with Revolutionary Zeal.

There will soon be new Soviet aircraft flying over Chinese skies as it is rumored that Ilyushin is working on a new fighter design not seen the world over.

*beep* *beep*

This just in from our operatives on the air, the Japanese have broken through the defenses at Hiefei and stand at the gates of Nanjing the same day as the traitors of the Guangxi Clique have offered a peace to the Russian government. it was declined. there will be no rest for the PLA! ONWARDS! Marshal Mao will lead the revolution and kick the Japanese off our lands! If you support your land being free then we urge you, desert your corrupt masters and join the PLA!

This is Red Freedom Radio, Signing off.

Last edited:
The Japanese always have to ruin the fun! Crush them and give Mao the blody head of Hirohito!

The Japanese always have to ruin the fun! Crush them and give Mao the blody head of Hirohito!

That's for after I've helped Stalin conquer Europe ;)

Chapter 1.3: A Blaze of Orange

In the later months of 1936, the Russian forces pushed through the northern deserts to link up with their communist Chinese allies, sweeping the nationalist resistance up as they went.

Many of the forays that pushed into Yunnan were held by the forces there in the mountains as the soviets attacked and retreated, hoping their communist allies would be able to sweep up the nationalists before the Japaneese forced their annexation. On December 18th, two days before Christmas, the Chinese Capitol of Nanjing fell to superior Japanese forces, who raped and pillaged and burned the city to the ground. Halfway across the world the United States of America cried out in protest in its congress, demanding the Japanese pay for their crime, but allas, no war was to come from the west, as the PLA smashed into the interior, sweeping up all that lay before them.

Several months of conflict later, and on the 19th of febuary, in the year of Ninteen Hundred and Thirty Seven, the Japanese forces forced the surrender of the Nationalists and all of the cliques, forcing one great puppet state, and a ring of Japanese outposts.

As word of peace was brought, the Chinese army began to furiously re-organize. There was not much time before the national forces re-organised and brought many troubles to the people of the people in communist territory.

The date was decided to be in mid august for the second war against the nationalists, as the battle plans were laid between STAVKA and General Mao. Russian forces lined up on the Manchurian border and held the northern half of the Korean Peninsula. The battle plan was that Mao was to drive to the sea, and that the soviets were to deal with Manchuria, and be the main force driving the nationalists and Japanese into a communist anvil. However no plan survives contact with the enemy.

On August 17th, the third Russo-Japanese war began, and over 1.1 million Russian men went to war.

Up next: Are we winning yet?

Last edited:
Well THOSE were some intense years. Now, to curbstomp the allies of the Japanese devils...