• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Very nice. I love the 'benefits' in the second picture. Even if you don't take any provinces for yourself, you could really do some damage to a larger nation like France...

It's like a 'give up one, give up another one for free' sale at the Let My Nation Go store...

Very nice. I love the 'benefits' in the second picture. Even if you don't take any provinces for yourself, you could really do some damage to a larger nation like France...

It's like a 'give up one, give up another one for free' sale at the Let My Nation Go store...
Wow...hi.

Speaking of those, does "cost" mean the warscore cost, or some other type of cost? I hadn't even thought about lowering the WS cost when I saw that pic.

I assume that we will have SoIs in Victoria 2, then. :)

I've heard before Christmas 2009. Not too sure about it, though.

I think I heard Christmas 09 too.

Sounds good, it should add a very interesting dynamic to the game, and it's another feature that should do well in Vicky 2.

Oh and...
Duchess of Milan as a female ruler could have the ability to make the King of France, as a male monarch, her mistress
...the mind boggles :wacko:;)

Wow...hi.

Speaking of those, does "cost" mean the warscore cost, or some other type of cost? I hadn't even thought about lowering the WS cost when I saw that pic.

It's my understanding that the cost for the listed items are 50% of normal. So if it would cost 30% to release Nation A normally, it would cost 15% with this particular CB due to the SoI implications.

This is huge for balance of power.

Imagine the player going on his usual conquering spree stepping on the toes of another sphere... You're cost for peace on the losing end of war just got a major shot in the arm. If you're a decent sized Austria for example, enemy Nations could conceivably demand half (or more) of the countries you took be released as Nations again. It could really put the player in some tough spots decision wise. It also makes some of those 'easy' North African conquests strategically worthwhile as collateral to give away should something go horribly wrong.

My only hope is that they tighten up the ai demands so they can use it intelligently, and my biggest fear is stubborn ai who refuse to grant peace when it's beneficial for them to do so.

T

So spheres of influences are prescribed to other nations as a whole? Is there no way to recreate the spheres of influence situation in China where multiple European nations carved up different portions of the country for themselves?

So spheres of influences are prescribed to other nations as a whole? Is there no way to recreate the spheres of influence situation in China where multiple European nations carved up different portions of the country for themselves?

I'd say probably not, since thats more of a late 19th century phenomenon.

I could see the feature working with the region map mode (as the cost for declaring a sphere of influence is relative to it's size it wouldn't necessarily be overpowered). Still I doubt that's how it's intended though :)

This definitely sounds like it will add a nice twist to the game. I hope however that the AI will be able to handle it and not only react properly to others invading their SoI, but also to becoming part of someone else's SoI - which obviously should not be in everyone's interest.

It's hard to read what you're posting without laughing at your Signature.
:rofl:

1. Could you decide to become part of another country's sphere of influence willingly?
2. Could countries within a power's sphere of influence have diplomacy with one another without penalty (thus making #1 more desirable and making certain situations, such as the previously mentioned Monroe Doctrine, possible)
3. Are there limits to prevent idiotic things from happening with SoI? The possibilities are endless and scary.