+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Heir to the Throne - Dev Diary 2

200k clubCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSword of the Stars
    Sword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Aww, what a disappointingly short diary.

The concept looks nice though.
    Hopefully the AI will be able to cope acceptably with this SoI, and take it into account in his actions without dooming itself to a quick death.

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria 2500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Is that a new Russian province Kasimov I spy in the third picture?!

Liberté, egalité, fraternité StephenT's Avatar
    Cities in MotionDeus VultDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMajesty II CollectionMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    Pride of NationsCK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by LeeDub View Post
    Seems to me that placing someone under your SoI is basically saying "I'll annex you in a bit, just need to tie up a few loose ends at home". Just like in reality.
    Not to me; more like "I don't plan to annex you, but nobody else can either." The Monroe Doctrine seems like an excellent historical example to me of the USA declaring that Latin America is in their Sphere of Influence.

Some questions:

1. Is it a fixed 20 prestige for all declarations, or does it vary depending on the size of the target country? Or, for example, should it cost an extra 10 prestige to declare a SoI over a country of a different religion?

2. Does a sphere of influence apply across the board, to every country including your own allies? So if, for example, France and Spain were allied and both declared Portugal in their Sphere of Influence, does that mean that if Spain then invited Portugal into an alliance France would get a casus belli against them?

3. I assume the casus belli from breaking a sphere of influence lasts for one year, the same as other action-related CBs?

4. Is there any prestige or relations penalty if your SoI is breached but you choose not to declare war on the perpetrator? ("Aragon is mine and nobody else can attack them!... er, except for you, Mr Huge Blobbly France. You go right ahead while I, er, look the other way...) Do you keep the SoI or is it lost?

5. Can you choose to revoke a sphere of influence yourself? Especially if, as above, there's a penalty for not responding to a violation.

The russian lands seems completely renewed. And yes Kasimov seems new to me.

Question the 50% cost in the Cuses Belli against Aragon, does that mean half the war score is needed?

200k clubHoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    EU3 CompleteFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisCK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

The concept seems nice. Finally some real great power politics in the game.

Europa Universalis 3Divine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Europa Universalis: RomeRome: Vae Victis

I like the change in the Russian provinces, very interesting.

I thought SoI were a later 19th and 20th century thing. No biggie, it looks very interesting however I can see this taking a few patches to sort out.
    "The Greatest argument against democracy, is a five minute conversation with the average man" Winston Churchill

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineThe Kings CrusadeMagickaEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Semper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedPride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Hmmm, interesting concept.

Although I would probably like to see "Spheres of Influence" being something that the player can't just pick whatever it wants. I would rather see it as a decision by major powers. Or at the very least I would love to see being bargained with as a comodity. England could let Spain have influence over the caribean as long as it helped the war against France. That sort of thing.

First member of the 200k club finyou2's Avatar
    200k clubCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    MagickaMajesty II CollectionEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiVictoria 2
    Mount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Getting better...

Can I see an independent Kurland on the new screens?

First member of the 200k club finyou2's Avatar
    200k clubCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 Complete
    MagickaMajesty II CollectionEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiVictoria 2
    Mount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Derdiedas View Post
    Can I see an independent Kurland on the new screens?
    If you scroll to 18th-century, you can play as Kurland...

200k clubCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: Chronicles
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome GoldVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House Divided500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Good stuff, and it ties in nicely with the new CB system.
    On-hold: Mamma Mia! The AAR
    Completed: Europe is our dancefloor | The Shortest Road to Damascus | No Iron, One Lion, Maybe Zion
    Tintero

The July AARlander is out now, no excuse not to read it: Thread | PDF | iBooks

Ruler of the Queen's Navee George LeS's Avatar
    Europa Universalis 3Divine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition

Will this apply to colonial/overseas trade areas? It'd be nice to have a semi-TOT back again. Spain trying to keep foreign colonizers & traders out of the new world. Or the Portugal - Netherlands - Britain sequence in the east (with France trying, but losing.)
    'Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing--absolutely nothing--half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats.' -- the Water Rat

GRIN Mod--Historical leaders mods: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...46994-GRIN-Mod

Rex Maris--SRI-based naval and exploration mod. http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...4#post11451354

Commander: Conquest of the Americas

Blog Entries
    It's short yeah but it's also a killer feature.

- Can you expand your SoF when you have negative prestige or do you have to accumulate it first? If the latter is true I guess Patron of Arts will be hotter than National Bank now. :-)
    “Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.”

200k clubCrusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Will one be able to extend a SoI over non-inhabited provinces (future colonies) so that no other nation can colonize there, such as in Victoria? This would help in keeping Portugal and Spain out of New England & Canada.
    Being more vital than vitality itself...

Crusader Kings IIDivine WindFor The GloryHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight
    EU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Blog Entries
    Wow, alot of changed provinces, this could take some getting used to.

Loving it though!
    Lives, Lived, Will Live

EU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by rrw77 View Post
    Is that a new Russian province Kasimov I spy in the third picture?!
    It would appear the area around Moskva has been reworked.
    And one day we will die and our ashes will fly from the aeroplane over the sea
    But for now we are young let us lay in the sun and count every beautiful thing we can see......

talk werewolf with euro on the google - theEUROO7 @ gmail.com (0)

Daffius, 2knikk

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    Rome GoldSengokuSword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Blog Entries
    Yeah and the Wenden/Samogitia/Trakai area looks different too.

From the brevity of the post, it looks like the details of the spheres of influence mechanism still have to be worked out. But it sure seems promising. I trust the devs will get it right.

Urge of conquering Jerusalem and Mecca.... rising...

(okay its a bit obscure. Catholic countries gain a prestige bonus when holding either of these provinces)

Not really a fascist brony monsterfurby's Avatar
    Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultDungeonland
    Europa Universalis 3Divine WindFor The GloryHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineMagickaMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuSupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

This definitely sounds like it will add a nice twist to the game. I hope however that the AI will be able to handle it and not only react properly to others invading their SoI, but also to becoming part of someone else's SoI - which obviously should not be in everyone's interest.
    Public Service Announcement:
    "...this is still a free country and anyone telling a
    fellow like me "brother you're full of ****" better be
    good and ready to answer politely when asked if he'd care
    to say why!"

very good idea id like to see it expanded, how will this tie in with missions though

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast