+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Palette for HDM 2.3 (MMP2)

Palette for HDM 2.3 (MMP2)

First of all, I want to thank all MM team for MMP2 and Strannik in particular for creating this beautiful masterpiece - a new map with real topology. I'm a kind of a person who is, so to say, *sensitive* about visuals, as they have very strong impact on my perception of gameplay, and this new map itself makes me want to play MMP2!

I have adapted my palettes and *google* textures for new map, and offer them to everyone interested.

You can choose to use just palette itself (without modifying textures) by replacing original terrain_2_0.fx in MagnaMundi Platinum 2/gfx/fx directory, or replace the textures as well (see separate archives below). Don't forget to backup original files first!

Attached Files
    Last edited by Cortes_R; 05-10-2009 at 19:22.
    "To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence;
    supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting. With his forces intact a skillful leader will dispute the mastery of the Empire, and thus, without losing a man, his triumph will be complete." / Sun Tzu

At one extreme we have the player who is so jealous of his own territory that he protects it against the slightest incursion; who constantly forgoes attack in favor of defense; who loses through timidity. At the other extreme we have the player whose jealousy engulfs the whole board; who tries not to let his opponent have any territory at all; who usually ends up losing large groups of overextended stones. These people are deluded. They understand the concept of 'territory', but they lack the faintest inkling of the meaning of 'balance'. /Akira Ishida & James Davies

Softer palette and new textures for Strannik's map / Googlemaps textures sample

Nice

I will link this thread on the stickies
    Look at my map: HandDrawn Map 2.3 Now for HttT

My bugfix: Intel blue map workaround for IN

and my guide: Guide to Modding Fonts

Member of the Magna Mundi team

Quote Originally Posted by Strannik View Post

I will link this thread on the stickies
    Thanks
    supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting. With his forces intact a skillful leader will dispute the mastery of the Empire, and thus, without losing a man, his triumph will be complete." / Sun Tzu

At one extreme we have the player who is so jealous of his own territory that he protects it against the slightest incursion; who constantly forgoes attack in favor of defense; who loses through timidity. At the other extreme we have the player whose jealousy engulfs the whole board; who tries not to let his opponent have any territory at all; who usually ends up losing large groups of overextended stones. These people are deluded. They understand the concept of 'territory', but they lack the faintest inkling of the meaning of 'balance'. /Akira Ishida & James Davies

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourEuropa Universalis III: In NomineVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae Victis
    Pride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Really nice work...

If I were to want to change the color of the borders back to black, which lines of code do I need to change in borders_2_0?

B

Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus VultEast India Company CollectionEuropa Universalis 3
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineMagickaMajesty II CollectionEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Semper FiSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesV2 AHD BetaCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

Blog Entries
    Just a question would these work with the fix that Stan posted for the white map. Basically does the palette have anything to do with the pixel shader 2 stuff for jungles and deserts and stuff? I don't know exactly how to describe it since I don't know much about map modding. Or regular modding for that matter.
    Some say forever and mean it, others say it until its too hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckley View Post
    Really nice work...

If I were to want to change the color of the borders back to black, which lines of code do I need to change in borders_2_0?

B
    To change borders colour you shuold do the following:

1. Open terrain_2_0.fx with notepad;
    2. Find line Cntr_Brdr_clr = float3(0.7, 0.0, 0.0); //RED
    3. Put // in front of that line.

Quote Originally Posted by phillosopher View Post
    Just a question would these work with the fix that Stan posted for the white map. Basically does the palette have anything to do with the pixel shader 2 stuff for jungles and deserts and stuff? I don't know exactly how to describe it since I don't know much about map modding. Or regular modding for that matter.
    I think Strannik would give more competent answer, but in my opinion if you don't change terrain_2_0.fx or *.dds textures files in your fix, it should work fine.

The palette will bring the "white map" problem back to you. You need to adapt the palettes. To the other version. It's not very difficult and/or Cortes_R could do it for you
    Look at my map: HandDrawn Map 2.3 Now for HttT

My bugfix: Intel blue map workaround for IN

and my guide: Guide to Modding Fonts

Member of the Magna Mundi team

Sure
    I've uploaded a special version to fix white map issue (took the file from HDM 2.13), let me know if it works.

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourEuropa Universalis III: In NomineVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae Victis
    Pride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Cortes_R View Post
    To change borders colour you shuold do the following:

1. Open terrain_2_0.fx with notepad;
    2. Find line Cntr_Brdr_clr = float3(0.7, 0.0, 0.0); //RED
    3. Put // in front of that line.

Thanks sir. This is fine work indeed. I am a happy camper.

B

Europa Universalis 3Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition

These textures are really good. Those forrests look almost real. Very nice.

2 questions though:

1. would it be possible to make those red line-border either thinner og maybe a more neutral color. I did see how to remove them entirely ... but I like that fact they are fully visible ... these lines are maybe just a bit too visisble

2. I can see that you have different capitol-markers than me. I still have the old crowns where you have some red (visible) crowns with a cross in it. How do I get those?
    Scandinavians unite!

Quote Originally Posted by Sikker View Post
    These textures are really good. Those forrests look almost real. Very nice.
    Thanks!
    There is a variant with activated trees, which make forests more alive (to my liking), but I don't think
    those tiny trees are popular so I didn't post it

1. would it be possible to make those red line-border either thinner og maybe a more neutral color. I did see how to remove them entirely ... but I like that fact they are fully visible ... these lines are maybe just a bit too visisble
    Hm, I don't know how to make them thinnier, but you can adjust its colour by experimenting with values in the line:
    Cntr_Brdr_clr = float3(0.7, 0.0, 0.0); //RED
    (red/green/blue respectively).

2. I can see that you have different capitol-markers than me. I still have the old crowns where you have some red (visible) crowns with a cross in it. How do I get those?
    It's alternative Capital graphics by Modestus, you can take it here

Europa Universalis 3Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition

Alive trees you say? Nobody will like them you say? Well why don't you post a few screenshots (which won't show the aliveness very well ... but at least we can see the tinyness), and the textures (so that those who approve of the tinyness can check out the aliveness

And thanks for the answers
    Scandinavians unite!

I hereby second this motion. After all, what harm could unleashing them possibly do...

Very well, here they are... The differences are more conspicuous in actual game than on screens, and when you zoom out the trees disappear. I tried to choose the most picturesque parts of the map, so I believe there might be a places where the outlook is not so pretty

Lombardia without trees:

Lombardia with trees:

Trees in the winter (they look much like on the vanilla map):

Central Europe with trees on (a bit less neat, perhaps...):

To activate them just put attached files in MMP2 directory. The folder with trees is identical to that from vanilla folder, and terrain.bmp is modified so that trees were not so greenish as with default file.
    Attached Files

Nice. Thanks.
    And apropos winter. The winter texture does tend to get a bit too white for me. Is that the "softer textures" that does that or what?
    I kind of like that one can still see the texture clearly underneath.

(This is clearly fine-tuning. I still think your textures are great, but one might as well be a bit anal about it if possible )
    Scandinavians unite!

Yeah, they are very white... Original textures beat mine especially when it comes to winter, perhaps because they are more contrasting themselves. I think it depends on textures only, not on palette's colour.

Europa Universalis 3EU3 Napoleon's Ambition

Very nice! I like the white trees during winter time, it makes playing Sweden much more authentic.

Achtung PanzerArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDarkest HourEuropa Universalis 3
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    Lost Empire - ImmortalsEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome GoldSemper FiSword of the Stars II
    Supreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2

Stupid question, is that a new font being used for the game engine text? It looks nice. If so, where can I get it?

HoI AnthologyCities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3
    Hearts of Iron IIIEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsSemper Fi
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedPride of Nations500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Texashawk76 View Post
    Stupid question, is that a new font being used for the game engine text? It looks nice. If so, where can I get it?
    There's a sticky that has fonts in it. It's called Updated map files including Fonts, TOT form Mac and the Intel Bluemap

Achtung PanzerArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDarkest HourEuropa Universalis 3
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    Lost Empire - ImmortalsEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome GoldSemper FiSword of the Stars II
    Supreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2

Quote Originally Posted by Rodrico Stak View Post
    There's a sticky that has fonts in it. It's called Updated map files including Fonts, TOT form Mac and the Intel Bluemap
    Thank you for the quick reply Rodrico!! I found the map fonts; however I didn't find the actual game text fonts (outliner, date, resources, etc). Where might those be located?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast