+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 39 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 34 ... LastLast

Thread: Post your MM2 Empires

AI Programmer Paradox Dev Team Wiz's Avatar
    Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    East India CompanyEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindFor The GloryHearts of Iron III Collection
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband

I don't rule all of Asia yet, the rest of the chinese states are webbed together in a mega-alliance that is going to be a tough nut to crack.

Here is the world screenshot (1616). Aside from my antics, there have been a couple notable things - Shimazu almost unified Japan, but then decided to go catholic and collapsed within a few years, leaving Uesugi to fill the void.

Also, take a look at four-province Armenia.

Finally, Portugal has colonized Greenland. Aren't you cold up there, ubik?

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    East India CompanyEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindFor The GloryHearts of Iron III Collection
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness

Quote Originally Posted by SpartanSoldier View Post
    Very nice Dai Viet Wiz! BTW, did MMP2 increase the chance to inhreit outright? It seems that it has been happening alot.
    That's not something modders can change.

Who is the Indonesian Power to your south? I'm sure Ese would be very interested in how that area developed.

Quote Originally Posted by SpartanSoldier View Post
    Very nice Dai Viet Wiz! BTW, did MMP2 increase the chance to inhreit outright? It seems that it has been happening alot.
    No it did not. Not directly. If Ubik could, he would have removed the ability to inherit outrgiht altogether.

The reason you MAY actually be seeing more inheritances, is due to the fact that a religion upkeep event early in the game makes all the countries of the same religion love each other. Which means that EVERYONE has a royal marriage with everyone else rather quickly.

(It also messes up the Holy Roman Emperor elections for a good 20 years, but things begin stabilising after that rather quickly. People tend not to like each other. Give a man a big shiny stone, and contrary to Ubik's ideals, the man will not use it to build a biannual fair, he'll use it to smash his neighbor's skull in, and take HIS biannual fair. )

Quote Originally Posted by Taer View Post
    Who is the Indonesian Power to your south? I'm sure Ese would be very interested in how that area developed.
    Sunda. Either Sunda, Majapahit, Malacca or Palembang always ends up owning that entire region in my games.

I set up a one province Pattani as a buffer against them, they're pretty scary.

How do they colonise? They don't have the ideas for it.

Is it an event? Can anyone get those events who have empty provinces next to them or is this an indonesion minor only thing?

I ask, because I conquered Malacca as Ming, and want to expand into Johor without waiting for at least 2 more ideas so I can grab colonial ventures.

The event is only for malay countries, they can expand into uncolonized malay provinces. Ming would have to colonize as usual.

Don't you feel guilty ruling all of East Asia as Dai Vet? Perhaps you should make the Mongol Horde tag
    Well, technically you already do (Mongol Khanate), and in fact the Mongol Khanate flag has none other than the letter "Yuan". Besides, why Mongol if you're playing a totally non-Mongolian country?

Quote Originally Posted by Wiz
    Sunda. Either Sunda, Majapahit, Malacca or Palembang always ends up owning that entire region in my games.
    Of course, of course.... It seems that stalemate is just impossible to achieve in this region.
    Still, it's good to see that you see a different winner in every game.

Speaking of a Wiz-only tag, you might be interested in Nam Viet(or Nanyue in mandarin). Nanyue split off from the Qin when the latter collapsed and maintained independence until Wudi conquered it. The royal house wasn't Vietnamese, though, but it did include areas that are now in northern Vietnam and is considered part of Vietnamese history today.
    Interestingly, when the Nguyen took over Vietnam in the 18th century, they asked for Qing conferment with the country name by the same name, Nam Viet. For some reason it took quite a while for Qing to recognize the Nguyen rule... and when it did, the Nguyen named his country Viet Nam. Maybe the Chinese court didn't like the name Nanyue at all because it invoked an unpleasant, auspicious feeling? We'll never know for sure.
    Last edited by Ese Khan; 20-10-2009 at 04:11. Reason: clarification...
    Member of the Magna Mundi team once upon a time, in charge of Asia

Quote Originally Posted by Wiz View Post
    The event is only for malay countries, they can expand into uncolonized malay provinces. Ming would have to colonize as usual.
    Bah humbug! You mean my mightly 4 CoT empire that will be able to explode with industry once I get LEF and get Stability up to 2, has to do somethign the hard way? I demand Ubik fix this!

*comes back after the patch, discovers new modifier*

Anti_winterborn modifier? -20% production efficiency, +0.10 inflation, and -10 reputation limit if human=yes?

*shakes fist*

EDIT: I just noticed, Ottomans have expanded decently, but for some reason Alexandria still belongs to the Mamelukes. Utter FAIL on the Ottoman's part, that's like the one province you actually WANT.

Well... that kind of event is not entirely new, Iamwinterborn. I merely adopted the same kind of event that allows Andean countries to expand.
    Member of the Magna Mundi team once upon a time, in charge of Asia

No, the Mamluks are gone, Alexandria ended up with Morocco somehow.

Also, bonus Maldive expansionism shot.

I was thinking of the Horde part ... just seems I dunno like a vast Horde follows Wiz, wherever he goes.

I was thinking of the Horde part ... just seems I dunno like a vast Horde follows Wiz, wherever he goes.
    What can I say, I have a magnetic personality.

I think Dai Viet is fine though... ultimate goal for this game is obviously to rule all of China from Vietnam.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiz View Post
    What can I say, I have a magnetic personality.

I think Dai Viet is fine though... ultimate goal for this game is obviously to rule all of China from Vietnam.
    Well, even though many have eclipsed me, I am going to post my Great Britain game anyways... it is my best so far with them.

Well, even though many have eclipsed me, I am going to post my Great Britain game anyways... it is my best so far with them.
    If it's any consolation, I was impressed by your gigantic Palatinate a while back. I don't usually have the patience for large scale expansion in the HRE.

MM Dev Team
    Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDarkest HourDeus VultHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionSword of the StarsMount & Blade: Warband

I bet Wiz is showing us an heavy moddified mod...
    == MAGNA MUNDI ==

PAY GOLD,
    SHED BLOOD,
    INSTILL FEAR,
    PROMISE HOPE

HISTORY IS YOURS!

Quote Originally Posted by ubik View Post
    I bet Wiz is showing us an heavy moddified mod...
    Nope, minor modifications here and there (for instance, I've included my visibility zone additions, and added events to help Russia expand) but the most of it is the same. Why do you say that?

Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Hearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Ubik refuses to accept that people break his mod without cheating or exploiting. =P There was a big kerfuffle in the last Post Your Empires thread about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Titus Ultor View Post
    Ubik refuses to accept that people break his mod without cheating or exploiting. =P There was a big kerfuffle in the last Post Your Empires thread about it.
    "What? My beautiful designs? My carefully balanced balance of power? My exalted anti-expansion events? Destroyed? Wrecked beyond relief? The world must never know of this!"

Wiz got lucky, that's all
    No thing is everything. Every thing is nothing.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 39 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 34 ... LastLast